So. California Get Together!!! ( all are welcome)

I'm looking forward to our extreme weekend. Thanks for doing all the work on this Rhino.

golf58.jpg

Here are breakdowns of the course we are playing - " The Babe"

First 9

Spoiler
scan0059.jpg

And the back 9:

Spoiler
scan0060.jpg

Here are breakdowns of the course we are playing - " The Babe"

First 9

Spoiler
scan0059.jpg

And the back 9:

Spoiler
scan0060.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out #7. A 300 yard par 3 from the tips. Only 220 from the whites though. Is this hole about a 200 ft elevation change?

I think we need to have a little contest on this hole. Closest to hole in 2 or long drive?

I'm still trying to figure out #7. A 300 yard par 3 from the tips. Only 220 from the whites though. Is this hole about a 200 ft elevation change?

I think we need to have a little contest on this hole. Closest to hole in 2 or long drive?

Well no one is playing from the tips with us. so it'll either be 241 or 220. I don't remember the hole exactly so I can't answer your question right now.

Well no one is playing from the tips with us. so it'll either be 241 or 220. I don't remember the hole exactly so I can't answer your question right now.

Well if it's "only" 241 or 220 Than at least I can reach it with my driver. :)

Well if it's "only" 241 or 220 Than at least I can reach it with my driver. :)

Hey you could always lay-up on the par 3.. I tried it a couple of times lately ( not always by choice) and it actually worked out ok for me. Whatever gets the lowest score on the card!!..LOL

Looks like you planned the groupings really well. I'm so looking forward to August 4th.

I've got to pick up my practice rounds a bit, as I played yesterday and couldn't get my distances down. Landed in just about every sand trap short of the greens, unless I was flying clean over them. Shot a horrific score, but I did manage a birdie on the final hole at my local course, a Par 5, out of the fairway bunker, so at least I ended it well.

On the 4th, I'll be leaving the Pismo Beach area around 6:15 and should roll into Industry Hills around 9:45 to 10am.
Rhino, since you'll be there early, can you do a bit of pre-round reconnaissance? You know, beverage cart schedule, cutest cart girl, types of vodka, etc.

See you all on the 4th.

Looks like you planned the groupings really well. I'm so looking forward to August 4th.

I've got to pick up my practice rounds a bit, as I played yesterday and couldn't get my distances down. Landed in just about every sand trap short of the greens, unless I was flying clean over them. Shot a horrific score, but I did manage a birdie on the final hole at my local course, a Par 5, out of the fairway bunker, so at least I ended it well.

On the 4th, I'll be leaving the Pismo Beach area around 6:15 and should roll into Industry Hills around 9:45 to 10am.
Rhino, since you'll be there early, can you do a bit of pre-round reconnaissance? You know, beverage cart schedule, cutest cart girl, types of vodka, etc.

See you all on the 4th.

Would you like only the girl's name or perhaps a phone number and address as well? Only Vodka or would you like the selections of other alcoholic beverages available? hehehe

Has anyone played Arrowood Golf Club in Oceanside as of late? What can you tell me about it?

Dang, I'm going to out to Cali on the 3rd! but won't get there till late Saturday night... Plan on playing either Ike or Babe on Monday though... haha

Has anyone played Arrowood Golf Club in Oceanside as of late? What can you tell me about it?

No knowledge here sorry.

Dang, I'm going to out to Cali on the 3rd! but won't get there till late Saturday night... Plan on playing either Ike or Babe on Monday though... haha

Nice that you'll be out this way.. sucks you miss our get together. Have fun on the 6th. Are you visiting friends or family? Or coming out for another reason?

Nice that you'll be out this way.. sucks you miss our get together. Have fun on the 6th. Are you visiting friends or family? Or coming out for another reason?

It DOES suck dang it!

Family reunion. Fortunately, my dad plays golf so he and I will be going around!

I'm looking at Coronado, Ike or Babe, Borona Creek, Steele Canyon and Maderas. Hopefully get out to at least 3 of those...

Most of my family is in the Irvine area, so, we'll be staying somewhere in the southern Irvine area... Mission Viejo?

Most of my family is in the Irvine area, so, we'll be staying somewhere in the southern Irvine area... Mission Viejo?
Might what to try Oak Creek in Irvine. It's a nice course.

My finance and I were thinking about getting married at Pacific Palms Resort! The Resort was in excellent condition when we checked it out in June and the course is in awesome shape.
Too bad I'll be missing the get-together as I'm driving down from the SF Bay area the week after.

Maybe next time! Have fun out there!

Krispee, I'm going to try to reinvigorate the NoCal THP Get Together thread after that weekend. Maybe we can get some of them to come up here!

I think it is one of the best deals in San Diego County. Very playable, usually in great shape, typically not crowded (especially on weekdays) and price is good in the $60-$60 range. ONLY reason I don't play more there is I get a resident rate at another course 5 minutes from my house whereas Arrowood is not the easiest to get to. Definitely worth playing if you live close or are not time sensitive.

Quick tip: not sure what the Maderas rates will be for you but last I saw they were $150-$200. The local Costcos have had a little package for $80 that includes one free round each from two different lists of courses - one list has Maderas for an extra $50 so basically you can play Maderas for $130 and get a free round somewhere else (though I don't think any of the others are on your list)

I'm skimming here so not sure if you played the ones you list but glad to offer my humble opinions as this list is spread out geagraphically by quite a bit and the courses are definitely different.

It DOES suck dang it!

Family reunion. Fortunately, my dad plays golf so he and I will be going around!

I'm looking at Coronado, Ike or Babe, Borona Creek, Steele Canyon and Maderas. Hopefully get out to at least 3 of those...

Krispee, I'm going to try to reinvigorate the NoCal THP Get Together thread after that weekend. Maybe we can get some of them to come up here!

It would only depend on my schedule, but ABSOLUTELY I'd come up and play with you guys. I've got family in Marin County and Alameda County, so a golf outing would be a great excuse for little visit.

Back