ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
are there any heavy sets of irons? iron shafts, stiff, RH, at least D3 swing weight, except the boccieri heavy irons

are there any heavy sets of irons? iron shafts, stiff, RH, at least D3 swing weight, except the boccieri heavy irons

The boccieri irons actually have a lower swing weight because of the weight in the grip end. There are heavier shafts out there and people like ping can adjust head weight to anything you want.

The boccieri irons actually have a lower swing weight because of the weight in the grip end. There are heavier shafts out there and people like ping can adjust head weight to anything you want.

isnt swing weight based on total weight?

isnt swing weight based on total weight?

No it is not. Swing weight is essentially the balance of the club. Or how light the clubhead feels while holding the grip. At least that is my understanding.

No it is not. Swing weight is essentially the balance of the club. Or how light the clubhead feels while holding the grip. At least that is my understanding.

okay, cause i tried a friends new cobra AMP irons, and you could really feel the difference from my callaway x-22 tour irons. I really like the little heavier set of irons, since to me, it feels easier to stay on plane. Read that the cobra AMP swingweight is D3, and the x22 tour is D2. Thats just one point, should you really be able to feel that much difference?

okay, cause i tried a friends new cobra AMP irons, and you could really feel the difference from my callaway x-22 tour irons. I really like the little heavier set of irons, since to me, it feels easier to stay on plane. Read that the cobra AMP swingweight is D3, and the x22 tour is D2. Thats just one point, should you really be able to feel that much difference?

To some, that one point difference will make a world of difference. Others, not so much. I would look at irons with high swing weights, not necessarily heavier overall weights.

To some, that one point difference will make a world of difference. Others, not so much. I would look at irons with high swing weights, not necessarily heavier overall weights.

you know any irons having a higher swing weight then D3?

and how can i apply more swingweight to my current irons? except with leadtape....

Look @ TM 2.0, & other model specs. (their website).
2nd question: powder lead down shaft/hossel and corked to hold

Sent from my DROID X2

and how can i apply more swingweight to my current irons? except with leadtape....

If you get those light weight grips which are only 25 g or so that will add swing weight.

Shaft difference may be playing a large role in the difference in feel that you are experiencing as well.

Look @ TM 2.0, & other model specs. (their website).
2nd question: powder lead down shaft/hossel and corked to hold

Sent from my DROID X2

you cant find the talyormade 2.0 on their website. And where can i buy lead powder? and how does it work? does it sit? or moves around while im swinging the club?

you know any irons having a higher swing weight then D3?

You can order a set of irons with a desired swing weight. I just ordered a set of Titleist 712 CB/MB combo and requested a D3 swing weight, which Titleist said would not be a problem.

Golfsmith or Golfworks. A lil epoxy will hold in place. Think if ya talk or email em they could help on it (how to).
Couldn't find my ol spec. sheet on the 2.0s but thought they were D3

Sent from my DROID X2

Back