Straightest Yellow Golf Ball

Golfer_LD

Reaction score
Handicap
I was playing a few yellow Srixon Z-Stars and I find that I am now hooked on the yellow balls. I hit the Z-Star well but was curious as to which yellow ball was the straightest. My short irons fly high and land soft and I play a lot of flop shots around the green so approach and greenside spin are not necessarily deal breakers. I prefer a long straight ball off the driver compared to a 9 iron I can back up a foot. I know the Srixon TriSpeed Tours and Q-Stars also come in the yellow as well as the Bridgestone E6. Any others that are long and straight off the driver? Again, which is the straightest yellow golf ball?

Thanks in Advance

I was playing a few yellow Srixon Z-Stars and I find that I am now hooked on the yellow balls. I hit the Z-Star well but was curious as to which yellow ball was the straightest. My short irons fly high and land soft and I play a lot of flop shots around the green so approach and greenside spin are not necessarily deal breakers. I prefer a long straight ball off the driver compared to a 9 iron I can back up a foot. I know the Srixon TriSpeed Tours and Q-Stars also come in the yellow as well as the Bridgestone E6. Any others that are long and straight off the driver? Again, which is the straightest yellow golf ball?

Thanks in Advance

In my experience the E6 is very solid off the driver. It doesnt have a ton of sidespin which makes the ball go straighter, I would suggest buying a sleeve of the Qstars and E6s and trying them both out together

E6 is probably your best bet.

Yup, E6.

And when you get tired of yellow you can move to this:

images

Give the Qstar a shot too.

Have the e6 and can say it has helped me hit straighter shots. Not sure if the yellow has anything to do with it but you never know.

Def. the e6 ive been using that ball in optic yellow for the last two weeks and have to say it flies dead straight. I had to switch back to the hex black cause I couldn't hit my draw with the e6 with out having to overdue it. Straigtest golf ball I have ever seen.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

I think the e6 and the q-star are very similar off the tee and both come in Yellow.

I'd say the e6. I haven't played the QStar enough to comment. E6 is supposed to reduce sidespin so that should help. I'm a fan of the yellow 330RX as well.

Top Flight XL distance ?

xl-distance-yellow-golf-ball-gallery2.jpg

I were choosing, it would be the e6.

Top Flight XL distance ?

xl-distance-yellow-golf-ball-gallery2.jpg

For whatever reason, I've been using a lot of Top Flite balls lately, including this one and have been happy thus far. I have a nasty slice when I try to really lay into a drive but these have been pretty decent to play with. They're not the cost of a Bridgestone but for my game, they aren't bad.

Are the other balls as durable as say the Srixon Z-Star in yellow? I played a full round with one, including hitting a few tree branches, and after a quick wipe down the ball still looked mint.

e6 is pretty durable. I thought the Q-Star wasn't quite as good in that arena.

For whatever reason, I've been using a lot of Top Flite balls lately, including this one and have been happy thus far. I have a nasty slice when I try to really lay into a drive but these have been pretty decent to play with. They're not the cost of a Bridgestone but for my game, they aren't bad.

He asked what is the longest and straightest, I am assuming this would probably be longer and straighter than an E6 (no data to validate this) and a cheaper option. Maybe not the best for all around game, but probably for what the OP asked for?

I know we can all be equipment elitists from time to time, but I have really taken a liking to the pinnacle gold in yellow. Shot my lowest score ever with one (68) and while I still prefer an Nxt, these babies will do in a pinch. You also could do much worse than a e6. That's a pretty sick ball as well.

Z-Star XV is going to be slightly straighter than the Z-Star if you were looking for urethane.

Otherwise e6 is your best bet. I mean, it's designed to go straight.

Have to agree with Hawk here, the E6 is super durable.
Just took out my one I played last round. Other than a little dirt, it looks brand new.

I've used the QStar and like that ball, it is quite straight off the tee. Also, though some may laugh at this, I found a Pinnacle Gold a couple of rounds ago, and have played with it since, and I have played quite well with it. Not a great all around ball, but it does fly long and straight, and it comes in yellow.

I play e6 yellows. Awesome ball!
It's not as long as the e7 but straighter for sure. I've been hitting a lot of fairways since I switched. Of course, I'm not crediting all to the ball but I'm sure the ball helps a little.

The E6 is a great ball. I keep trying others but always come back to the E6.

For me it's the Q Star, I want it to be the B-330....but it's the Q Star and I'm ok with that.

Back