Scotty Cameron "Honey Dipped" Putters

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Just ran across this on the Golf Magazine blog.

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2009/05/photos-of-new-scotty-cameron-honey-dipped-putters.html

Photos released of new Scotty Cameron 'Honey Dipped' putters
Posted at 1:23 PM by David Dusek

A few weeks ago, in one of my first Twitter posts, I tweeted that Scotty Cameron and another high-ranking Titleist employee told me a new family of putters was going to be released this summer. They would not show me anything or give away any details, but I learned that the putters would have a new, amber-colored finished.

Say hello to the 'Honey Dipped' putters.

6a00d8341caaef53ef01157072cd2e970b-.jpg

6a00d8341caaef53ef01157072cd92970b-.jpg

Marc Turnesa is currently testing this Studio Select Fastback putter. Notice that the putter on the top is labeled 'For Tour Use Only - Xperimental Prototype.'

ehhh...

Fair looking to me.

ehhh...

Fair looking to me.

I think it works from an "it's different" perspective.

But long term, I've always liked my putters silver or black nickel. The regular Studio Select looks just fine to me.

EDIT:

For comparison:

2009_US_709RCresModesharp.jpg

I also really like the Charcoal Mist finish on my Circa 62 because (to me) it looks like an extra dark black nickel finish.

2009_US_700_1resModesharp.jpg

they even have Circle T weights for his putters??? i suppose those cost more too, huh?

they even have Circle T weights for his putters??? i suppose those cost more too, huh?

I think that's just where they put the Circle T on the Studio Select models, isn't it?

I think that's just where they put the Circle T on the Studio Select models, isn't it?

Yeah I don't think you can buy those retail, that's just where they are on the Studio Selects. FWIW I'm not a Scotty basher and I like this finish.

Nothing special as far as I am concerned.

I am not a fan of most of the "oil can" looks. I think most of the smaller putter companies and some larger ones have been doing this for a while now.

I am not a fan of most of the "oil can" looks. I think most of the smaller putter companies and some larger ones have been doing this for a while now.

I kinda like the oilcan finish but you're right on about it's nothing new.

eh...gold isnt my thing but its looks good if you new some bling

Back