pkellz25

Reaction score
Handicap
I had a very odd round this weekend. I am useually playing golf anywhre from 2-4 times a week. Shooting in the low to mid 80's. And for some reason on this particular day I could not do anything right. I shot a 103 and lost 7 out of my 12 balls that I brought with me. this comes 2 days after I had my best round ever shooting a 78. In my opinion I may just need to take a break from the game for a week then get back into it because maybe I have just been playing too much since this is really my first summer playing golf avidly and competitively with my co-workers and friends. Has anyone had similar problems but like this?

After your best, you always shoot the worst. Same thing happened to me.

It was just very weird for me. I haven't shot over a 100 since my first round out this year in mid march.

It's the too many balls funk. You took 12 and used 7 , next time take 3 and use 2 . works every time.

After your best, you always shoot the worst. Same thing happened to me.

This. I don't know why, but that's what seems to happen.

It's the too many balls funk. You took 12 and used 7 , next time take 3 and use 2 . works every time.

seems funny you say this...i always keep just one ball in my pocket...when i used to carry two (in case i did something stupid) i found that i did something stupid much more often...

I've had those cycles. Seems that the high scores stay around longer than the low scores. I just had to teach myself to laugh. I still have a hard time keeping big numbers off of multiple holes. They seem to stack up on me. But I laugh it off and I get less worked up about it. My bad rounds don't stay with me as long anymore.

Funny how this just happened to me. Same course, same tees, 12 shot difference. I guess the only good part is that your next round will certainly be better.

Back