davepm

Reaction score
Handicap
18.2 index
I am around a 20 hdcp. Currently play callaway wide sole fusions. Looking to get new irons and cant decide if I should. I am wondering if there is any sense in me changing and going to the Mizuno 200 or Callaway x22, or Cleveland cg7 or something in the TM brand. Anyone give me any advice? Am I trying to buy a game or is there an advantage to moving up?

Many Thanks...............

To answer your questions, I will start with the last one.

Yes, you are probably trying to buy a game, but it is a lot of fun, and it can build confidence which is extremely important.

As for which irons I say hit them all and see which ones you like best. We have reviewed each set that you asked about on the main page and in our reviews have up to 20 people hitting each set. It could give you an idea on what opinions are.

You are sitting on a pretty good fence and any one of those sets are great clubs.

And welcome to THP. Glad to have you.

big thank you and glad to be part of this site. I will check the reviews although it does seem everyone likes everything and the reviews always seem positive. Yes it is great fun to buy a game for sure. I have a line on a set of x-22's for $550 cdn including a bag. The guy wanted graphite but thought the steel shafts on the callaways were fine until he started hitting them.

There's really nothing wrong with "buying a game". It makes it a lot more fun, and can also make you a lot more confident, thus actually making you play better. And some clubs will make you play better...

As for which set, sorry...no help here.

big thank you and glad to be part of this site. I will check the reviews although it does seem everyone likes everything and the reviews always seem positive. Yes it is great fun to buy a game for sure. I have a line on a set of x-22's for $550 cdn including a bag. The guy wanted graphite but thought the steel shafts on the callaways were fine until he started hitting them.

I think you will find that in our reviews, they are not always positive. However the iron sets you are looking at are well liked by most.

Welcome to THP Dave, and good luck with your club search.

Welcome to THP Dave! Most would say you have to hit them to know if they work for you. If you have a golf shop near by or a demo day coming up it might be beneficial to give the different clubs a test run.

Has the technology changed significantly since the fusion wide soles???

It depends on what you are looking for in an iron. Those irons are pretty sound from a tech stand point but some find they lack feel. I really like them personally.

Its going to be different than the wide soles but probably in a good way. Hit some first and pick the one that feels the best to you

Back