McDonalds LPGA Championship [Spoilers, oh yes, spoilers.]

worst_shot_ever

I leave big divots
Reaction score
{Surprised this thread hasn't been started, so if I missed it, please merge.}

So, dip that I am, I had no idea that Havre de Grace is within driving distance to me in Washington, DC. According to Mapquest, the supergirls will be 66.30 miles from my front door. That's about an hour and a half each direction, but hmmm, let's say I'm very tempted to add my body to the throng. Now I'm trying to decide if I should skip work so I can hit the practice rounds, which will permit me to bring a camera and perhaps get some pictures of the ladies, or talk Wifey into letting me go out there on Saturday or Sunday for one of the final competitive rounds. Not sure I'll get a pass to go at all, but I am seriously considering it.

{Surprised this thread hasn't been started, so if I missed it, please merge.}

So, dip that I am, I had no idea that Havre de Grace is within driving distance to me in Washington, DC. According to Mapquest, the supergirls will be 66.30 miles from my front door. That's about an hour and a half each direction, but hmmm, let's say I'm very tempted to add my body to the throng. Now I'm trying to decide if I should skip work so I can hit the practice rounds, which will permit me to bring a camera and perhaps get some pictures of the ladies, or talk Wifey into letting me go out there on Saturday or Sunday for one of the final competitive rounds. Not sure I'll get a pass to go at all, but I am seriously considering it.

1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

Last edited:
I vote for the practice round, if you can only go once. Maybe you can take in a practice round and still get back for Sat. or preferably Sunday.

I can't wait to watch Thursday's round. Christina Kim is going to be miked, and she's playing with Michelle Wie. Should be interesting.

That is going to see must see TV. Weesie and Kim while she is Mic'd. Great stuff.

I can't wait to watch Thursday's round. Christina Kim is going to be miked, and she's playing with Michelle Wie. Should be interesting.

When I saw that I was going to "tweet" them that they can do an Asian-female version of a Laurel and Hardy routine, but I didn't want that to be taken the wrong way!

Edit: By the way, massive lightning and thunderstorms moving through the area right now (I'm getting the same outside my window), and course practice was suspended.

Here are the pairings for Round One:

http://www.lpgascoring.com/18449/pairings/index.html

Here are a few of special interest:

First Tee

Start Time : 7:37 AM
Anna Rawson :D
Young Jo
Brandi Jackson

Start Time: 8:54 AM
Laura Davies
Wendy Ward
Brittany Lincicome

Start Time: 9:05 AM
Laura Diaz
Karrie Webb
Helen Alfredsson

Start Time: 9:16 AM
Nicole Castrale
Paula Creamer
Kristy McPherson

Start Time: 9:27 AM
Shanshan Feng
Michelle Wie
Christina Kim (on microphone)

Tenth Tee

Start Time : 8:10 AM
Jeehae Lee :D
Maggie Will
Karine Icher

Start Time : 12:47 PM
Mi Hyun Kim
Maria Hjorth
Yani Tseng

Start Time: 12:58 PM
Lindsey Wright
Juli Inkster
Natalie Gulbis

Start Time: 1:09 PM
Angela Stanford
Suzann Pettersen
Cristie Kerr

Start Time: 1:20 PM
Morgan Pressel
Sophie Gustafson
Lorena Ochoa

There are two pairings that are must see.

1:09 with Suzann and group

9:27 with Wie and Kim on mic.

I think they did some great pairings for the first round. Christina Kim being mic'ed is fantastic. Hopefully people will watch, it will be a great day on TV, but they have to turn it on.

Set to record! I'll get to see at least some of it WAY too early tomorrow am, on the elliptical. This is clearly one round where the live leaderboard won't be enough.

I've got my HD DVR programmed and ready to go. We're supposed to have big T-Storms again this afternoon and evening, but I'm hoping they don't come before play for the day is finished. Either way, the course is going to be wet, messy, and slow.

I was thinking the same thing WSE. Hopefully the storms hold off so they can get in the round!

Maybe I am the only one that seems to think this may be the dumbest thing I have seen. But it seems typical for the LPGA recently. You have Christina Kim mic'd and playing with arguably the tour's biggest draw. Yet they will most likely be finished by the time the coverage comes to an end. Wouldn't the LPGA have wanted them to start playing around the time TV starts? What if neither are playing well, and then they are showing them strictly as a side show. I am baffled by this.

Scores have a chance to go very low.

Kim missed a 5 footer for birdie and you could tell that she was about to drop one. But she is great to hear.

Im the jerk, so I will say it....Does anybody else think Karrie Webb pees standing up?

It will be fun to see if she can keep it clean,haha

She has been a blast in the early stuff with "Wie-sy" explaining what Lid-Gurt is.

Even saying "I have a large vocabulary, I dont just have four letter words".

She has been a blast in the early stuff with "Wie-sy" explaining what Lid-Gurt is.

Even saying "I have a large vocabulary, I dont just have four letter words".
For some reason though golf will bring out a lot of four letter words:D

Kim just called Michelle Wie a hippie. Then she said she is short and does not like basketball but likes hockey because "its violent and thats hot".

Stuff like that is exactly why we love her.

Maybe I am the only one that seems to think this may be the dumbest thing I have seen. But it seems typical for the LPGA recently. You have Christina Kim mic'd and playing with arguably the tour's biggest draw. Yet they will most likely be finished by the time the coverage comes to an end. Wouldn't the LPGA have wanted them to start playing around the time TV starts? What if neither are playing well, and then they are showing them strictly as a side show. I am baffled by this.

The timing of television coverage is tough. The morning groups are just finishing up; the afternoon groups get half a round or so in before coverage stops.

Nice to see Paige Mackenzie put up a nice number. She's been struggling.

I know the fairways are damp but -7 after 14 holes seems a little too low for a major for me.

Creamer is not playing well and man oh man does she whine a lot.

And there has been A GOLFTINI SIGHTING!!!!!

Diaz wearing GG's skort.

Back