2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage Black [spoilers]

Man, Ross Fisher's ball just embedded in the 14th green.

And no Johnny, it is not "cool looking" when balls are embedding in the greens.

Wait there is golf being played. I thought I was watching a 7 hour Lexus commercial.

The only commercial I've even noticed is the MasterCard one with Arnold Palmer and Boo Weekley. (I guess I forgot to fast forward.) I kinda liked that one.

Your lucky, because I have never seen anything like this many ads for the same product.

Rocco Mediate dropped 34 spots with a +9 today. Yikes!

Even more surprising, Geoff Ogilvy dropped 29 spots with a +7.

I thought some of the scores would go low today with the wet greens, but they really have not. I would love to see Phil get another birdie or two on the last few holes.

There is an official dress code for the PGA, and I am sure that a collar on your shirt is not a requirement since Tiger wore a muscle/mock-turtle on Sunday at Oakmont that got people in a stir. Well, what about Mayo's shirt today with 75 on thye side? What is that on the golf course?

The only commercial I've even noticed is the MasterCard one with Arnold Palmer and Boo Weekley. (I guess I forgot to fast forward.) I kinda liked that one.

I preferred the version with Gary Player.

Ricky Barnes's plaid pants were nice; I like that the plaids were actually matched. I wish the LPGA required players to tuck their shirts in!

Why on earth did they wait for everyone to finish and re-pair the groups instead of just sending them back out as they were after a small break?? I guess they really don't want to finish any of the golf today.... So if there is a playoff will that be on Tuesday then???:angry:

Me too Claire. The problem is, that many of the ladies golf gear we have seen does not have belt loops.

I have never thought about this until this weekends tournament...but why the heck does everything have to be a "baby" something. Johnny Miller has said "baby cut, baby fade, baby wind, baby stroke" what the heck?

Just noticed JB Holmes using the new Never Compromise XRay Mallet...why are these things so hard to find right now? Edwin Watts is struggling to get their hands on the full-mallet, but they have the Tau and Sigma models. Any idea why the main-model for this putter has not even made it to stores when others have?

According to NC, they made their initial shipment and they sold out. More will be coming extremely soon.

Why did they not just call it a day and start a new day tomorrow and play a full round rather than play 2-3 holes and then wrap it up?

Obviously Lexus is doing just fine with the fact that they have more ads televised today than we have seen golf.

Obviously Lexus is doing just fine with the fact that they have more ads televised today than we have seen golf.

I have actually watched some of todays rd & maybe they have different commercials in certain areas? Either that or DISH offers different ones since I haven't seen any Lexus commercials so far.

Really? They are sponsering the entire tournament. The new convertible.

Is "like butter on a hot rock" really a saying?

It is in Miller world.

Anyway, it's raining again. These guys just can't catch a break.

Starts on ESPN early and then switches to NBC at 10am I believe.

ESPN: 9 a.m. -11:30 a.m. ET
NBC: 11:30 a.m. ET - conclusion

Also, NBCSports.com from 9 a.m. to conclusion.

Back