what part of your game are you working on?

the thing that sucks about obsessing over the lag is that then some people exaggerate and hold it so long they forget to release and leave the face open or fail to square it so fast. I guess a proper fitting could help a late release player
i dont have any problem with release cuz im a hooker hahaha... not the 2 dolla kind either

i dont have any problem with release cuz im a hooker hahaha... not the 2 dolla kind either

hahahahahaha dork. . .I need to do the opposite and work on my release,

yours go right? mine go left... like way left

I tend to do two thing, my body either gets ahead of my club and my club gets stuck behind me and I hit a block right, or I get the timing of everything except for my release and I hit a power fade-to slice but it starts out straight. When I get "Release" in my head I remember and I hit some great drives.

I actually hit the danged ball today with an iron. After embarrassing myself last Thursday and Friday it felt good to hit down on the ball instead of thinning everything insight.

My new setup has altered everything for me. But the best part is I can adjust on the fly because everything is in tune. Need more left? Speed up the arms. Need more right? Lag the arms a bit and speed up the body.

Relies on timing but because everything else is in tune I can adjust pretty easily.

yours go right? mine go left... like way left

Hah! Me too. How left we talking? I'm back to hitting everything waaay right like almost a block and then it comes looping back across the fairway to land in the left hand rough. :angry:

Driving for show and chutting for dough

I tend to do two thing, my body either gets ahead of my club and my club gets stuck behind me and I hit a block right, or I get the timing of everything except for my release and I hit a power fade-to slice but it starts out straight. When I get "Release" in my head I remember and I hit some great drives.
mine only go right if i try to hold off and try to counter my hook by leaving the face "more" open
or when i am hooking the crap out of the ball and aim super right but the ball goes straight... right
My new setup has altered everything for me. But the best part is I can adjust on the fly because everything is in tune. Need more left? Speed up the arms. Need more right? Lag the arms a bit and speed up the body.

Relies on timing but because everything else is in tune I can adjust pretty easily.
how is it diff from your old setup?

yeah I've gotten better at using my body, but that's why I block now since I get too far ahead, when I'm on time my drives are amazing,

My new fitted shaft for my 3 wood made a huge difference, I was hitting my 3 wood off the deck with a great draw and off the tee it was long and straight, I am hoping I can get this same result in my driver since the shaft is the same now.

mine only go right if i try to hold off and try to counter my hook by leaving the face "more" open
or when i am hooking the crap out of the ball and aim super right but the ball goes straight... right

how is it diff from your old setup?

what driver are you playing russ? maybe it's something as simple as adding some weight to the heel and slowing down the face rotation

My new setup is more upright, and has my hands starting the swing further away from my body. It lets me coil more and I don't need to come across the golf ball because my hips aren't in the way of the path to the ball..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My new setup is more upright, and has my hands starting the swing further away from my body. It lets me coil more and I don't need to come across the golf ball because my hips aren't in the way of the path to the ball..

smart man, sounds like it will benefit you a ton, are you seeing some improvements yet?

Hah! Me too. How left we talking? I'm back to hitting everything waaay right like almost a block and then it comes looping back across the fairway to land in the left hand rough. :angry:

Driving for show and chutting for dough
i can duck hook rope a dope hook like a champion
one of the best ways ive counteracted it is with a weaker grip with my left hand and a neutral grip with my right(im right handed)
what driver are you playing russ? maybe it's something as simple as adding some weight to the heel and slowing down the face rotation
tm superfast tp 2.0
i think its something as simple as taking way more lessons hahaha

i can duck hook rope a dope hook like a champion
one of the best ways ive counteracted it is with a weaker grip with my left hand and a neutral grip with my right(im right handed)

tm superfast tp 2.0
i think its something as simple as taking way more lessons hahaha

that too lol, maybe you can sneak in a few lessons while you're working

smart man, sounds like it will benefit you a ton, are you seeing some improvements yet?

I hit the ball way higher when flush. A good high. I still want higher launching shafts, but for now this will work.

My drive is now a draw that runs forever. It's a nice change from a fade with no roll.

that too lol, maybe you can sneak in a few lessons while you're working
my pro is ridiculously busy but at least she's free (for me)
its strange cuz when everything is clicking i can go low and the very frikken next day nothing clicks... frustrating

my pro is ridiculously busy but at least she's free (for me)
its strange cuz when everything is clicking i can go low and the very frikken next day nothing clicks... frustrating

lol, I sense some history there lol,

that's cool though that you can work with her frequently.

I've been working on my misses, and a guy I play with was trying to get me to do what he does, it's the creepiest thing he puts his back foot really far back, i'm not talking about a few inches back, he seriously overdoes it.

Lets say his target is at 12, he sets up with his face pointing at 3, and his front foot in line with the 12. He brings his back foot about 2-3 feet back-so far back his foot is like at 8 o clock so his body lower body is pointing at like 5 a clock. His stance is so closed but he doesn't stop hitting slices. Instead of doing that and ruining my swing, I just work with my instructor lol, I think that is lazy and he really misses the point and is making his habits worse his feet make a line pointing so far right it's ridiculous

ClockFace.gif

Long irons. Doing a lot off the tee to give myself a different option besides woods on par 4&5. They always haunt me when i need them.

Right now i am working hard on my driver. Want to get the confidence back again.

Putter alignment in the house

lol, I sense some history there lol,

that's cool though that you can work with her frequently.

I've been working on my misses, and a guy I play with was trying to get me to do what he does, it's the creepiest thing he puts his back foot really far back, i'm not talking about a few inches back, he seriously overdoes it.

Lets say his target is at 12, he sets up with his face pointing at 3, and his front foot in line with the 12. He brings his back foot about 2-3 feet back-so far back his foot is like at 8 o clock so his body lower body is pointing at like 5 a clock. His stance is so closed but he doesn't stop hitting slices. Instead of doing that and ruining my swing, I just work with my instructor lol, I think that is lazy and he really misses the point and is making his habits worse his feet make a line pointing so far right it's ridiculous

ClockFace.gif
i dont understand what he's doing... like he's aiming more right to keep from going right?

makes sense. I dont know about aim but i know that logic works with a slice or hook

i dont understand what he's doing... like he's aiming more right to keep from going right?

makes sense. I dont know about aim but i know that logic works with a slice or hook

I'll show you guys what I mean in a sec, he's basically setting up to come in from the inside, like if one was setting up for a draw, except his aim is set up way closed as if he were hitting a nasty hook, it looks rather stupid. And it sure as heck doesn't work

Ok check this out, it looks stupid and he thinks it's helping him, I think it's exaggerating his over the top move instead

8140345396_62a15f54cc.jpg

wow i dont think that would help anything

Back