Status
Not open for further replies.
i was guessing blackwater since it seemed like your own custom gear lol

Knights, La Rue, Noveske, Daniel Defense, Bravo company are my top guys when it comes to AR's.

The AR i have already posted in this thread is a Lower i built from Palmetto State armory and a DD M4V5 upper, with a ALG ACT combat trigger group, and of course Magpul furniture. 6,000 rounds through her and not a hiccup

those are some of my favorites-KAC being one of my most favorites. Daniel Defense and Noveske have some amazing rail systems.

Knights, La Rue, Noveske, Daniel Defense, Bravo company are my top guys when it comes to AR's.

The AR i have already posted in this thread is a Lower i built from Palmetto State armory and a DD M4V5 upper, with a ALG ACT combat trigger group, and of course Magpul furniture. 6,000 rounds through her and not a hiccup

those are some of my favorites-KAC being one of my most favorites. Daniel Defense and Noveske have some amazing rail systems.

One more to add to the list, that i love, but never really think of getting because of price tag is LWRC, ran a friends for 1400 rounds in one class over two days, and have to say the piston system they use is top notch. The REPR they offer is pretty nice package.

One more to add to the list, that i love, but never really think of getting because of price tag is LWRC, ran a friends for 1400 rounds in one class over two days, and have to say the piston system they use is top notch. The REPR they offer is pretty nice package.

yeah I like the design behind the piston system, doesn't H&K use a similar design for their 416?

anyways, here is a video I saw of the LWRC I think it's a great concept.

Took the Springfield TRP .45 out today from 15 yards practicing 2 center and 1 head reflexive firing 100 rounds

Man I love this thing

avatypyn.jpg

Wow, great grouping man, that's some accuracy and control there

Took the Springfield TRP .45 out today from 15 yards practicing 2 center and 1 head reflexive firing 100 rounds

Man I love this thing

avatypyn.jpg

Wow, great grouping man, that's some accuracy and control there

Couple flyers getting quick on the second shot... But using cheapo range ammo too so that doesn't help.

Man I love this thing

avatypyn.jpg

Nice shooting, and TRP is a fine handgun, i do not own a 1911, but my first one is looking more and more like it will be the Springfield Lightweight Operator.

Nice shooting, and TRP is a fine handgun, i do not own a 1911, but my first one is looking more and more like it will be the Springfield Lightweight Operator.

Yeah the springfields and colts are classic and can't go wrong with either, the 1911 is still my favorite gun of all time. Kimber has a special place on my heart though so I will probably go that way

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Careful... Once you get one.... I've been really impressed with my TRP and think its one of the best values you can get when it comes to 1911s. I own a kimber, 2 colts and a Para 1911s as well and the Springfield is my favorite among them. Springfield has a great warranty as well, which is helpful with how most 1911s can be.

One of these days ill get a nice Wilson or Baer, but until I can afford a custom, the TRP gets the job done.

Careful... Once you get one.... I've been really impressed with my TRP and think its one of the best values you can get when it comes to 1911s. I own a kimber, 2 colts and a Para 1911s as well and the Springfield is my favorite among them. Springfield has a great warranty as well, which is helpful with how most 1911s can be.

One of these days ill get a nice Wilson or Baer, but until I can afford a custom, the TRP gets the job done.

Yes i have been warned, and the collection will grow at some point, and i am sure more 1911's will be added after i get my first, but i slowly but surly i am turning most my go to guns to striker fired, and they also get 90% of my training.

I carry a M&P9c most during warm months, but now i have my Walther PPQ IWB or shoulder holster since weather is turning cooler allowing me heavier cover garments.

Yes i have been warned, and the collection will grow at some point, and i am sure more 1911's will be added after i get my first, but i slowly but surly i am turning most my go to guns to striker fired, and they also get 90% of my training.

I carry a M&P9c most during warm months, but now i have my Walther PPQ IWB or shoulder holster since weather is turning cooler allowing me heavier cover garments.

Nice... Sucks that IL is still a no CCW state... Hopefully someday.

That Walther PPQ is another fantastic weapon; have one in 9mm. Best striker fired gun out there IMO.

So I have been seriously pondering buying this S&W MP15-22 that I mentioned a few days ago, but the wife says I don't need another gun, and there are more important things to buy with the baby coming next year. I kinda agree with her second argument. When I first bought a gun it for 2 purposes: 1. Home defense 2. To have something to do during the winter time, I could go to the range and shoot sometimes. Well I've had my gun for 2 years and I've been to the range 3 times, by the time I rent a lane, rent the ear and eye equipment, and buy .40 ball ammo it gets pretty expensive just go to through 50 rounds. So now I'm pondering selling or trading in my Springfield XD .40 for the S&W, because I wouldn't have to pay much difference and I can buy 500 rounds for $20. The main difference is home defense. I know a .40 will do more damage if that situation ever arises, but the S&W also would fire off 25 rounds per mag compared to the 10 per mag of the .40 and I'd be much more accurate. Any suggestions?

So I have been seriously pondering buying this S&W MP15-22 that I mentioned a few days ago, but the wife says I don't need another gun, and there are more important things to buy with the baby coming next year. I kinda agree with her second argument. When I first bought a gun it for 2 purposes: 1. Home defense 2. To have something to do during the winter time, I could go to the range and shoot sometimes. Well I've had my gun for 2 years and I've been to the range 3 times, by the time I rent a lane, rent the ear and eye equipment, and buy .40 ball ammo it gets pretty expensive just go to through 50 rounds. So now I'm pondering selling or trading in my Springfield XD .40 for the S&W, because I wouldn't have to pay much difference and I can buy 500 rounds for $20. The main difference is home defense. I know a .40 will do more damage if that situation ever arises, but the S&W also would fire off 25 rounds per mag compared to the 10 per mag of the .40 and I'd be much more accurate. Any suggestions?
I think you should stick with what you got and put the extra cash into ammo for practice. If you are accurate, the gun doesn't matter. Springfield XD is good enough and will do the trick

But the thing is I won't be spending much extra cash. The S&W is on sale for an early Black Friday sale at my local store for only $369 and I can get $300 for my Springfield. I'm not as accurate with a handgun, from 50 yards I'm lucky to keep 10 shots within 12 inches taking my time, and I can put 25 quick rounds within 3 inches with AR style rifles. I just don't know if I'd rather have the power or the fun and accuracy

But the thing is I won't be spending much extra cash. The S&W is on sale for an early Black Friday sale at my local store for only $369 and I can get $300 for my Springfield. I'm not as accurate with a handgun, from 50 yards I'm lucky to keep 10 shots within 12 inches taking my time, and I can put 25 quick rounds within 3 inches with AR style rifles. I just don't know if I'd rather have the power or the fun and accuracy

Well Not sure what to say here, fact is .40 and .22 are nowhere near the same ballpark, but you know that. Ear and eye protection can be had cheap so I would buy those, targets as well all online and a fraction on the price. Ammo as well can be had cheap online lots of options to getting better with what you have already. You talked about not being a good shot at 50 yards well actually you're doing decent, but you'll never need to shoot someone at 50,40,30 yards if you do then chances are you're going to jail. In a home defense situation you'll be shooting at the distance of your biggest room. Take the extra 80-90 bucks you would have spent changing over to the 22 and spend on the things I spoke about

Maybe I should just keep the .40, buy the .22, and not tell her :angel:

I had a TRP. Love that 1911 trigger. Sucks I had to sell it in a pinch....

And yes getting a 1911; and after you've gotten used to it. You never really want to shoot anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back