b330 vs hex black

Lol no I did catch one on the toe tho. Seems every time I do it cost me a shaft to. I would say I average 325 to 330 some are longer some are shorter. On the one flat straight hole we have on my home course its 419 and I'm usually 70 out on it.

that's pretty fast and far man, is there a ball with really low driver spin that you could try out? I bet it could keep that ballooning down

Hardest ball I have ever hit is the slazengers that you hit during remax long drive comps they do not baloon at all. It like hitting a pool ball or something lol. I really like the b330 with my x speed pro d driver no baloon at all. After my shaft broke and I. Had to go back to the long tom driver it started to baloon a bit but the shafts in those are way to lite.

Krank honest question if your breaking so many shaft's why not get Lance to hook you up with a xx firewire they are very durable and if your looking to get back into LDA why not just stick to Slazenger ball's?

Guys if you are looking for a thread to be a catch all about equipment, I suggest creating a new one. This one should stay on the topic that was originally posted.

Krank honest question if your breaking so many shaft's why not get Lance to hook you up with a xx firewire they are very durable and if your looking to get back into LDA why not just stick to Slazenger ball's?
I have not tried the firewire but that will be in my next krank driver. I had the adila authority in my last 2krank drivers and my 3wood have broken all 3 of them.

Is it unusual to see more spin with full wedges yet less with a full driver. The balooning of the black seems to mean to much backspin off the driver? Yet getting less backspin off the wedge.

I'm not sure on that one i. Think it has to do with maybe the b330 has a softer cover wich grips the wedges grooves better. Maybe a firmer inner core that causes less driver spin.

102mph Swing Speed, HEX Black all Day for me. sounds so sweet off my Razr X black Driver, just flys for me.

Is it unusual to see more spin with full wedges yet less with a full driver. The balooning of the black seems to mean to much backspin off the driver? Yet getting less backspin off the wedge.

I can't get on board with ballooning being a factor of the golf ball. I think it's more of a swing factor. Granted, the ball plays a small part but not the biggest part by any means.

I can't get on board with ballooning being a factor of the golf ball. I think it's more of a swing factor. Granted, the ball plays a small part but not the biggest part by any means.

Man you should see a PGA Tour ball fitting then. To say ballooning does not factor with a golf ball would be eye opening for you. I think most of those guys have decent swings.

Man you should see a PGA Tour ball fitting then. To say ballooning does not factor with a golf ball would be eye opening for you. I think most of those guys have decent swings.

I didn't say it wasn't a factor of the golf ball. I said that it plays a small part in the overall equation. Swing, shaft, impact, ball, they all play a role. You can balloon a titleist just as easily as any other ball.

I didn't say it wasn't a factor of the golf ball. I said that it plays a small part in the overall equation. Swing, shaft, impact, ball, they all play a role. You can balloon a titleist just as easily as any other ball.

I understand that you reversed the thought of the 1st sentence, but what I am referring to that differs from that is that the guys out there go through extensive testing and the golf ball plays a major role. Hence the reason so many are not using standard current models. The proper launch can be achieved in many ways. Loft, shaft flex point, definitely ball. It's about finding a balance between all.

I understand that you reversed the thought of the 1st sentence, but what I am referring to that differs from that is that the guys out there go through extensive testing and the golf ball plays a major role. Hence the reason so many are not using standard current models. The proper launch can be achieved in many ways. Loft, shaft flex point, definitely ball. It's about finding a balance between all.

I don't disagree with that statement at all, especially when applying it to PGA level players that you reference with the PGA Tour ball fitting. I just don't think it applies so much to the average golfer that struggles to find a consistent, repeatable, swing.

I think a ball fitting can make a huge different for the average golfer. For instance side spin can be reduced with certain model balls, like the E6 and if the average golfer fights a slice from a inside - out swing they are certainly going to need something with less spin to keep the ball in play.

I don't disagree with that statement at all, especially when applying it to PGA level players that you reference with the PGA Tour ball fitting. I just don't think it applies so much to the average golfer that struggles to find a consistent, repeatable, swing.

I think a ball fitting can make a huge different for the average golfer. For instance side spin can be reduced with certain model balls, like the E6 and if the average golfer fights a slice from a inside - out swing they are certainly going to need something with less spin to keep the ball in play.

I'm not disputing that a ball fitting can make a huge difference. I've done them myself and I know how they work. I am disputing that its the biggest factor when trying to combat ballooning ball flight.

it makes a huge difference when you swing 130+ tho.

the shaft was also to light i have since went with a heavier shaft and the hex dont baloon as much, but its still shorter off the tee.

I've found that my go to ball has been either the bridgestone or callaway. Either the e6/b330 or the Chrome/Black/Is/IZ but I prefer the Bridgestone. I remember a few years ago I was playing the Bridgestone and people gave me a hard time about it but now they are really popular. I stayed with the callaway simply because of the promotion when Els one the Open and they were almost 50% off.

it makes a huge difference when you swing 130+ tho.

I'd think that when you swing 130, everything both good and bad about the swing, ball, club, etc would be amplified.

This is my new ball vs. my old ball. Really excited to compare the two.

I've had the black in play three times and I can with out a doubt the side spin is greater than my B330. The distance is comparable, maybe a little longer with the Black. Both spin well of the irons and wedges.

Back