Charms, Amulets, Rituals & Talismans

Diane

Reaction score
I have a few quirks. Although I'm not very superstitious - I wear the same bracelet when I play golf. It's a medical ID bracelet for my bee allergy and I believe it has the same powers as Wonder Woman's bracelets; therefore, I am safe from stings on the course. I also match the color of my tees to what I'm wearing. Anyone else - Do have any rituals or carry any good luck charms when you play?

Good topic.

I dont have a whole lot of them. I mark my golf balls with my wedding date to GG. That is about it. However when it comes to clothes, it all has to match down to the shoes.

I wear a St Christopher necklace that my Momma got for me when I was a kid. Haven't taken it off in years.

I never play without a hat.

I always stick my driver tee in my hat, put an extra ball in my pocket and a divot tool, I keep my pocketknife in my back pocket. Pockets are otherwise empty, all normal stuff goes in the valuables pocket on my golf bag.

Does slicing the first drive of the day EVERYTIME count??

Does slicing the first drive of the day EVERYTIME count??

Heck yes!

Have to mark my balls with my fuchsia sharpie, but that's about it. Boo has a little pink beanie baby, named Paula (what else?) with a clip on it that HAS to go on her bag.

Heck yes!

Have to mark my balls with my fuchsia sharpie, but that's about it. Boo has a little pink beanie baby, named Paula (what else?) with a clip on it that HAS to go on her bag.

Good. I guess my "ritual" is putting 3 golf balls in my pocket, 5-6 tees, my ball marker, and my divot repair tool. All of this goes in my right front pocket. Nothing goes in my left front pocket to start with. If I find stray golf balls on the course they go in the left pocket and a select few will be put into play on water holes. Nothing goes in my right back pocket. If I'm walking the score card and pencil go in my left back pocket.

always have a hat or visor on with a driver tee and a regular tee in it; also have a spare ball and divot tool in my pocket; cigar optional

I have to have a watch on when I play. Part of my pre shot routine consists of me shaking it around on my wrist. It helps me loosen up the bad wrist.

Mine would be putting the divot tool in the right pocket after emptying the car and house keys to the valuables pocket. The bluetooth pouch goes in there as well, and my wallet. No other real rituals though, except have to have a hat on.

I like to paint a line over the label on my golf ball. I think it helps me line up putts. I am not certain it helps, but I do it anyways.

Good. I guess my "ritual" is putting 3 golf balls in my pocket, 5-6 tees, my ball marker, and my divot repair tool. All of this goes in my right front pocket. Nothing goes in my left front pocket to start with. If I find stray golf balls on the course they go in the left pocket and a select few will be put into play on water holes. Nothing goes in my right back pocket. If I'm walking the score card and pencil go in my left back pocket.

seriously bogey me? doesnt that many golf balls in your pocket get in your way?
haha
i have 3 tees and a random coin in my right front, but if i play bad i shift them to the left front(via tin cup) :bashful:

haha

Maybe he just has plenty of extra room down there! LMAO

(Carp, did I just say that out loud!? hehehe)

No rituals or supersitions just carry some extra tees in my pocket and other than telling myself "low and slow" occasionally, during addressing the ball, nothing no crazy gyrations for 20 minutes or taking 50 practice swings like I see some people do LOL.

I'm pretty boring about this. Probably the closest thing to that is a nickel I've been using as a ball mark for the past 3 or 4 years (would be longer, but I lost one I was using before).

I always play with 2 tees and a divot repair tool in my left pocket...I am a leftie. I either carry one of my lucky ball marks (I have several) in my pocket or magnetically clipped to my hat/visor. I remove everything else from my pockets except for a Chapstick in my right front. I tuck my glove in my right rear pocket and my scorecard wallet in my left rear pocket. One ball in play and no others in a pocket. I generally walk and carry, so extra balls are always right there. My clubs have to be arranged in order and I check them often to insure I didn't leave one somewhere.

Ok - I lied - I am superstitious. I forgot my bracelet and couldn't get off the tee this morning. Yeah - let's go with that.

haha
i have 3 tees and a random coin in my right front, but if i play bad i shift them to the left front(via tin cup) :bashful:

The shorts I usually play in have pretty big pockets so it's usually not a problem.

Maybe he just has plenty of extra room down there! LMAO

(Carp, did I just say that out loud!? hehehe)

I would respond to you but you are on my ignore list. :wink:

Have two ball marks, one that was given to me form a good friend and one my mom got when she donated money to TBN... One ball in front pockets, don't like walking back to the bag to get another one if first one doesn't go where it's not supposed to.

UT tees are very common to find around here...I love to pick them up and play them.

41EIlXR%2B2EL._AA280_.jpg

I hit better off Longhorn tees...but I always seem to hook 'em.

I have one thing and that is using white tees, if not available I'll use natural ones. I will look for a either one of those lying around the tee box before using any other color for some odd reason...

I got a giant candy cane full of red, green and white tees for christmas last year and I instantly gave away the red and green tees.

UT tees are very common to find around here...I love to pick them up and play them.

41EIlXR%2B2EL._AA280_.jpg

I hit better off Longhorn tees...but I always seem to hook 'em.

As a lifelong Razorback, that picture makes me ill.:sick:

:twist:

I got 2 that I can think of.
1) I put a blue circle round the number of the ball (my mark)
2) Always use a broken tee on the par 3s or when I use anything but a driver off the tee

Back