What did/do you want to do for a living/career?

I was a professional bull rider for many years, it was my job. I traveled all around the country and have been to 48 states and Canada. I have broken a lot of bones and have had several surgeries. I got as high as number 2 in the nation. Now I run a 30,000 acre cattle ranch. I'm thinking my next job will be retirement.

I was a professional bull rider for many years, it was my job. I traveled all around the country and have been to 48 states and Canada. I have broken a lot of bones and have had several surgeries. I got as high as number 2 in the nation. Now I run a 30,000 acre cattle ranch. I'm thinking my next job will be retirement.

That is a great story!!! I bet you have stories to tell. I hope our paths meet one day as I would love to hear some of them. Very cool!

That is a great story!!! I bet you have stories to tell. I hope our paths meet one day as I would love to hear some of them. Very cool!
Haha.. Yeah . I've got some story's. Most of which should not be told in the company of children or most importantly my wife!!! Lots of good times for sure. I got to go to college on a scholarship so that was nice! I also had a few sponsors along the way. However I'm paying for it now, my body is pretty beat up.

It's definitely between:

A double naught spy

A fry cook

or possibly

A brain surgeon

Last edited:
Haha.. Yeah . I've got some story's. Most of which should not be told in the company of children or most importantly my wife!!! Lots of good times for sure. I got to go to college on a scholarship so that was nice! I also had a few sponsors along the way. However I'm paying for it now, my body is pretty beat up.

There was a guy in college that rode on the weekends and one day came back after being stepped on after falling off the bull. I have never seen a bruise so black and blue in my entire life, even today. He was a crazy SOB...but then I guess you have to be on order to get up on that bull.

Until last year it was politician.

Then pilot.

Now aerospace and mech engineering, which I'm already going to school for at 16yo.

Slicing for show and chunking for dough, because I spend too much time Tapatalking from my iPad.

I'm a Mechanic in the Coast Guard. I always told myself that I wouldn't follow my dads career and be a mechanic, but it happened. I have 12 years left and then I plan on getting into the golf industry, either teaching or fitting/ building.

Project Manager for a fortune 500 company, managing projects for our client base which consists of other fortune 500 companies. Definitely not something I thought I'd be doing, nor do I enjoy it. Though it is extremely flexible and provides me with the ability to work anywhere and adjust my work hours as needed.

What do I want to do? Spend all day/everyday with my daughter. I guess my current job helps a little bit with that.

I was a young kid in the 60s when the space race was going full tilt, I dreamed of being a test pilot and astronaut. I love science but suck at math..I just have a mental block for advanced mathematics so it's pretty much ruled out any kind of engineering work for me. I have always had a fascination for submarines as long as I can remember so I went into the Navy right out of high school. It had it's goods and bads but I'd do it again if given the chance. I learned alot in the military around nuclear power, weapons systems, and instrumentation and control systems. It's interesting stuff and I was good at what I did, but I realized I didn't want to spend my life fixing broken things, but that I was very good a managing people and things. Out of the military after 6 years, I found myself doing contract work installing and servicing capitol equipment in the healthcare industry...totally by accident. But it's an interesting field and after I was hired-on by a major equipment OEM, I suddenly had some opportunities to branch out. I gained an in-depth understanding of how to budget, plan, and manage major capitol improvement projects for hospitals. I was heavily exposed to architecture and engineering in the construction industry and am glad now I never pursued that path. I am a certified Project Management Professional now, but my current job is that of an Operations Manager within my company. I primarily manage service suppliers to support all the new equipment we sell but alot of what I do is centered around designing new processees and optimizing existing processes. I like the strategic, but am also really, really good at the tactical. I have been at this for 30 years now and would like to work about another 5-6 years and then retire from this and take on lower-stress job in a healthcare related industry...maybe a pharmacy, or X-ray tech. I'm not too concerned about the pay since I'll be in a life situation where I just need to pay my taxes and have some money coming in for home maintenance, insurance, etc... I'm currently investigating training and certifications.

Back