Dexter Season 7 *Spoilers*

God d****t Stan...

That sounds so right is has to happen. Bummed I read it. Haha, good call though man!

Haha, for what it's worth I'm ALWAYS wrong on my predictions when it comes to things like TV and movies. This may be the one time I actually get it right but chances are the complete opposite will happen from what I'm guessing :D

Haha, for what it's worth I'm ALWAYS wrong on my predictions when it comes to things like TV and movies. This may be the one time I actually get it right but chances are the complete opposite will happen from what I'm guessing :D
Are you that guy that sits through movies like Shutter Island and tries to make predictions? Don't be that guy. People don't like that guy. ;)

Are you that guy that sits through movies like Shutter Island and tries to make predictions? Don't be that guy. People don't like that guy. ;)

I make predictions in my head, I don't say anything to anybody cause I know I'll be wrong haha. Plus I HATE when people talk during movies or TV shows, just a pet peeve. Wait till it's over! (this should probably be in the rant of the day thread...)

I make predictions in my head, I don't say anything to anybody cause I know I'll be wrong haha. Plus I HATE when people talk during movies or TV shows, just a pet peeve. Wait till it's over! (this should probably be in the rant of the day thread...)
I ranted about the same thing last night when the lady friend was guessing about Insidious haha. Definitely irritating!

I ranted about the same thing last night when the lady friend was guessing about Insidious haha. Definitely irritating!

Predictions, comments, "who was that guy?", "what just happened?"... Pretty much everything irritates me when it comes to talking during movies. Like I said, i should probably put this in the rant of the day thread so I'll bring it back to Dexter. I've been trying to figure out where they would go with the last season and after the last episode the light bulb went on. It makes so much sense. I know some thought the last season would be Deb going after Dexter but that never seemed right to me. Dexter dealing with Deb's death has a lot of different possibilities and would be an interesting way to end the series.

Predictions, comments, "who was that guy?", "what just happened?"... Pretty much everything irritates me when it comes to talking during movies. Like I said, i should probably put this in the rant of the day thread so I'll bring it back to Dexter. I've been trying to figure out where they would go with the last season and after the last episode the light bulb went on. It makes so much sense. I know some thought the last season would be Deb going after Dexter but that never seemed right to me. Dexter dealing with Deb's death has a lot of different possibilities and would be an interesting way to end the series.
Yeah no way would she go after him. She's already too invested in this by helping him cover up for Travis Marshall. The fact that she knows he killed Speltzer and that other guy (who LaGuerta/Deb found wedding photos of) is too incriminating. She can never go after him now.

Yeah no way would she go after him. She's already too invested in this by helping him cover up for Travis Marshall. The fact that she knows he killed Speltzer and that other guy (who LaGuerta/Deb found wedding photos of) is too incriminating. She can never go after him now.

Plus now she asked Dexter to kill Hannah. Can't ask the guy to kill someone for you then go after him next season, it'd be sloppy writing and I've always thought the show is extremely well written.

Plus now she asked Dexter to kill Hannah. Can't ask the guy to kill someone for you then go after him next season, it'd be sloppy writing and I've always thought the show is extremely well written.

Agree with this. One of the better written shows on TV right now.

The Walking Dead is up there, too...

Yeah it is. Thing with the Walking Dead is they seem to be getting better as they go. I thought it was pretty weak that first season though but this season has been very strong. Homeland might be the smartest show on TV right now.

Yeah it is. Thing with the Walking Dead is they seem to be getting better as they go. I thought it was pretty weak that first season though but this season has been very strong. Homeland might be the smartest show on TV right now.

Haven't gotten into Homeland yet, but only hear good things. As far as TWD Season 1 being slow, I agree. But I also thing it was important for them to set up the framework for the show.

Haven't gotten into Walking Dead but agree completely on Homeland.

Haven't gotten into Homeland yet, but only hear good things. As far as TWD Season 1 being slow, I agree. But I also thing it was important for them to set up the framework for the show.

This is true. They did take their time in setting it up and that is probably paying off now. I was about to give up on it in season 1 though. Is this the last season of Dexter or next year? Im starting to think Lagurta is the one who's going to take Dexter down, if anyone does.

From what I've read next season will be the final season of Dexter.

And that makes me sad. Such a damn good show.

Oh man... anyone else find last night's show awkward to sit through? I figured that would've forgot about the storyline between Dexter and Deb. A lot of great storylines advancing in this episode; Quinn with the Kashkas, LaGuerta/Dexter, Deb/Dexter, Isaac/Dexter, and I think the kids will be a part of some other angle.

If Deb hooks up with Dexter, I'm gonna lose it. To say that it'd be weird the next day at work would be a tremendous understatement.

The scene with Dexter and Isaac in the bar was so freaking awesome. It was so well done.

That scene between Dexter and Deb was definitely awkward, other than that I liked the episode. Couple things that went through my mind after the episode...

1) Seems like LaGuerta is closing in on Dex. Usually whenever someone gets this close they wind up dead (see Dokes and Lundy). Wouldn't be surprised if Hannah takes her out to protect Dex
2) I feel like they're setting us up with Angel. He's finally happy, ready to retire, this is when they usually throw a curve ball. I can see Angel getting killed because of Quinn/Kashka thing.
3) Still think Deb is going to push Hannah to the point where she poisons Deb.

I guess they can't kill off everyone haha, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me if any of the longtime characters get killed.

Another good episode this week:

Looks like LaGuerta is getting closer and closer to Dexter, but I don't see Matthews being much help to her (I think he is looking to get back at LaGuerta). I really hope they don't continue this storyline until next season as the sooner LaGuerta is done with, the better.

Deb seems to be accepting of Hannah and Dexter (for now)

Not sure what the deal is with the arsonist. Strange to introduce this halfway into the season.

Sucks what happened to Isaak, but I guess George becomes the main antagonist for the rest of the season?

Isaac became one of favorite characters...and now he's gone. I think Deb ends up killing LaGuerta to protect Dexter...only fitting as she says she is "doing things for herself" but it's obvious that she would do anything to protect Dex. Glad Quinn punched George in the face a couple times as he's been worthless this season.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Looks like they have a pretty good set-up for the season finale. I just hope that they don't cliffhang the LaGuerta/Dexter story into next season, but I don't really see how that one gets resolved in the next episode. I have a feeling that Deb may have OD'd herself as a way to blame Hannah. I just don't think Hannah poisoned Deb, and we all know that Deb is nuts.

Looks like they have a pretty good set-up for the season finale. I just hope that they don't cliffhang the LaGuerta/Dexter story into next season, but I don't really see how that one gets resolved in the next episode. I have a feeling that Deb may have OD'd herself as a way to blame Hannah. I just don't think Hannah poisoned Deb, and we all know that Deb is nuts.

The first thing I thought was Deb intentionally poisoned herself. I think when she met Hannah's friend she realized she was going to be useless so she took matters into her own hands. She was drinking that water at night, she got into the accident the next day. Hannah wouldn't poison someone that takes a whole night to kick in.

Looking forward to the season finale, don't know where they're going with it but should be interesting.

So what are your thoughts on the season finale? I didn't see Deb being the one to kill LaGuerta. I guess I was also wrong on the whole Hannah/Deb thing, I really thought Deb poisoned herself. This episode really changed the whole tone of the series. Dexter is no longer the vigilante who only kills bad people. I'm really looking forward to next season, I have no idea what direction they are going to go in but it will be interesting. Couple other thoughts about the episode:

1) I'm wondering if Hannah makes an appearance next season. I could be wrong but I think she was a hit with fans and writers may have decided to keep her as a character. I think she comes back.
2) I'm shocked Quinn survived this season
3) After LaGuerta's death I'm wondering if Angel doesn't retire.
4) They set up a possible Quinn/Jamie relationship for the last season. Quinn doesn't like Dexter and was hurt by Deb, this could lead to Quinn being around the family more and he may start looking into Dex and Deb.

So what are your thoughts on the season finale? I didn't see Deb being the one to kill LaGuerta. I guess I was also wrong on the whole Hannah/Deb thing, I really thought Deb poisoned herself. This episode really changed the whole tone of the series. Dexter is no longer the vigilante who only kills bad people. I'm really looking forward to next season, I have no idea what direction they are going to go in but it will be interesting. Couple other thoughts about the episode:

1) I'm wondering if Hannah makes an appearance next season. I could be wrong but I think she was a hit with fans and writers may have decided to keep her as a character. I think she comes back.
2) I'm shocked Quinn survived this season
3) After LaGuerta's death I'm wondering if Angel doesn't retire.
4) They set up a possible Quinn/Jamie relationship for the last season. Quinn doesn't like Dexter and was hurt by Deb, this could lead to Quinn being around the family more and he may start looking into Dex and Deb.
Some great thoughts there Stan!!! Hit on almost all the points! Wonder if the old Captain will show up again next year as well in a new role.....Captain again? Dexter is getting a bit careless and out of control so probably good that next season is the last. Hannah will for sure have something going on with next season...too many options with her to write her out completely. Great finale and will be waiting for the next and last season to come!

I think that Angel will come on to Dexter next season. LaGuerta defended Dexter against Doakes, and now Angel defended Dexter against LaGuerta. Full circle. Overall, at least one of the three will die next season: Dex, Deb, Angel.

Hannah has to be back next season. I was also hearing rumors of Lumen coming back after she left (I hope not). The last season is set up so well because they can go in so many directions. Only 9 more months :bulgy-eyes:

Back