Usernames, Signature Pics and Avatars

I had a 260Z (when it was still Datsun!) in HS also. As I recall, it had a 5-speed manual and a straight six. I think it was gold, and it may have been a "+" or something, because I think it had a slightly bigger back seat than normal (is that right?). I got it while my '67 Mustang was up on blocks after I blew the engine. :D

I had a 260Z (when it was still Datsun!) in HS also. As I recall, it had a 5-speed manual and a straight six. I think it was gold, and it may have been a "+" or something, because I think it had a slightly bigger back seat than normal (is that right?). I got it while my '67 Mustang was up on blocks after I blew the engine. :D

Very cool both the Z and the "Stang". If the Z had a back seat then it was a 2+2 and yes it was a straight six...very strong motors for its time. Mine was a V-6 and rated at at close to 300 hp with some mods I had done to it. Did your Mustang have a 289 small block in it...well before you blew it...Ha! Ha!

Please keep this one about usernames and avatars. Please feel free to create a thread about cars if you would like.

Thanks, that's right. 2+2. It was a fairly fast car for its time. The Mustang had a 289 rebuilt and bored out to 302, but that one went kaput and I got another 302. Edit: oops, sorry JB.

mine was an automatic and Hunter green in color with a brown/tan interior. ice cold AC too and it also had the flat six. that car would haul ass too. mine was a 74 with no backseats. very clean car. should've kept it. but i was a dumb kid

It could be anything but it looks like a cat sitting on the sill, pawing at a window. To me, it does, anyway... It could also be a golf bag. Or a beetle.
Or none of the above (most likely option)

now you have to tell us Julie the unknown is killing me! Oh and I am very glad Gasman took the MJ avatar down, it was a bit creepy.

Ding ding, we have a winner :smile:

WSE, I just noticed your tagline. :good: Now, if your dog is named "Hobgoblin," that would be just perfect.

WSE, I just noticed your tagline. :good: Now, if your dog is named "Hobgoblin," that would be just perfect.

Claire - If anyone here doesn't have a "small mind" - I think it's Worst, but I've only been here a week - what do I know.

Claire - If anyone here doesn't have a "small mind" - I think it's Worst, but I've only been here a week - what do I know.

Absolutely not, but it means he knows his 19th century transcendentalists.

Emerson's the only one of them I ever really liked, but that was back in college when I was a bit hippy flippy myself. :D Now I'm just a stoic. :devil:

I'm reading a new book about John Montague, who was an amateur golfer in the 30's. He played Howard Hughes often (HH carried a 2 handicap) and Montague would still give him 6 strokes and beat him.

Montague is the one who took Bing Crosby to task, beating him with a fungo bat, a shovel and a rake. (this bet was parodied in Tin Cup) Crosby carried a 4 handicap.

Anyhow, even though Hughes was a complete nut, I do admire his dedication and design genius.

A short bit on Montague: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/montague-the-magnificent.html

Emerson's the only one of them I ever really liked, but that was back in college when I was a bit hippy flippy myself. :D Now I'm just a stoic. :devil:

With age comes wisdom. There is something to be said for the higher reality of youth though. Sometimes I miss those days.

There is a thread somewhere about what the heck Grimace is. I actually sent an email to all of the companies we work with to try and find out exactly what he is. Mcdonalds mascot. Sure he represents the shakes, but nobody knows for sure what exactly he was. Then I look up and see that Gasman has his new avatar. Too funny.

saw the Al Gore/ManBearPig SouthPark episode last night so i switched avatars... funny episode

There is a thread somewhere about what the heck Grimace is. I actually sent an email to all of the companies we work with to try and find out exactly what he is. Mcdonalds mascot. Sure he represents the shakes, but nobody knows for sure what exactly he was. Then I look up and see that Gasman has his new avatar. Too funny.

You must have ESPN. Thats a pretty crazy coincidence.

I don't know either, but he she it plays golf.

22_grimace_lgl.jpg

How would you describe that grip?

My user name came from a process of elimination. One, Two and Threeputt were all in use when I first joined an online golf tour for Links 2003. Fourputt was next in line, so that was it, and I just continued to use it on various golf forums too.

My avatar is a photo of my favorite golf partner, my father-in-law, taken 80 years ago when he was 3 years old. He still has that same mischievous twinkle in his eye.

My avatar is a photo of my favorite golf partner, my father-in-law, taken 80 years ago when he was 3 years old. He still has that same mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Oops - I always thought that was you.

Back