Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess it is. I wish it was coming out this week instead of next. No clue what Verizon is thinking putting it out AFTER Black Friday.

Come on Playdough, what's the deal with that?

Well there was push by VZW/Samsung to get it out this week...I can't say when, but it was between today and tomorrow. Didn't happen and I'm not surprised. This always seem to happen. Do I think it will hurt, not really. Honestly, I think they are better off to launch it next week. It gets it past the that stupid day that is black friday when everyone is going HAM on deals on everything else and its gets it past cyber Monday. The pricing would have been the same and its gets it away from the Ipad Reitna and Ipad Mini launch. It will launch on its own, is clear of the mess of black friday and cyber monday deals, and can rolled out without clutter. I have other reasons why I think its rolled out late but I won't go into them here in a public setting.

Verizon's business practices are absolutely asenine. I do not like their business model but can't leave the service (signal strength and coverage) they provide.

The only reason they are postponing the Note 2 is to promote and make a larger profit margin off of people with the HTC Droid DNA during the post Thanksgiving shopping rush.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

While you are entitled to your opinion, I would say that you are a little off. Not sure what business practices you are talking about, (probably getting rid of NE2, Annual Upgrade, Unlimited Data, amongest other things I'm sure) but trust me we know what we are doing. I don't think we would hold off a launch of a device to make another one bigger. Personally I think the Note 2 is a bigger launch than the Droid DNA, its been about 30 to 1 the number of people asking about the Note2 over the DNA., at least in my store. The only people that care about HTC products are the people who like the interface, other than that, i don't think their products are nearly as good as either Samsung or Moto. If you want to get into a chat about the "asenine" business practices we have, I would be happy to chat about what I can in PM...I've been at VZW nearing 10 years, and was here when there was 35 million customers and no camera phone options, so I can answer most of the questions you might have...

I have never had any problems with the service of Verizon's staff at their store locations. I believe they are top notch. Once you have to go past the brick and mortar and get ahold of somebody from customer service or above (if you ever can) is where the things that irk me start. I never really planned on being with them in the first place as I was an Altell customer that got underhandedly forced into the house of Verizon shortly after the merger.

As for my opinion. It's based solely off of economics coupled with a bit of logical thinking. Those that are going to buy a Note 2 are going to buy it regardless. That's what they want and it's what they'll get. But Verizon knows that there are those that are a) on the fence, b) going to buy the best thing they can get during the biggest shopping week of the year because it's there, and c) some people just can't wait. Hell, the extra week's wait on the Note 2 and the DNA's good specs have me itching to buy.

That being said, the Note 2 will get it's sells regardless, so Verizon doesn't want to undercut the sells of their flagship Droid line that they make higher profit margins on by putting out the Note 2 ahead of it and in turn pulling some of the possible DNA purchasers over to the Samsung device.

The phone has been there. Samsung has offered it up to their shelves and Verizon has decided to handle it poorly. Why else would the Note 2 be buried in the search bar to order when the DNA is easy to find on their website?

As you said, just my opinion. Nothing more. You work for Verizon so I can understand you being defensive, but the problems I have with their corporate policies has nothing to do with the way I feel about you or their brick and mortar employees. You could tell me that the Army is the the thing that you hate most about America. That's fine. I wouldn't take it as a slight against me. You seem to be way to personally offended by something as trivial as my personal opinion.

I'm finished. I hope we can both forget about it and move back to the pondering. Also, if you feel the need to retort I am happy to listen. I'm not trying to be hateful and will not argue further so I see no need for PM's unless you (or a moderator) insists.

Last edited:
Man. Been doing a lot of research and the DNA vs Note 2 battle is heating up. All reviews have said that the DNA's battery keeps the phone running all day fairly easily. I also have never used more than 7.5 gigs of internal storage in any phone I've had. The benchmarks are off the charts as well. 2 superb units for anybody that doesn't regularly clog their SD with tons of stuff. I dunno...

Was in Best Buy this afternoon, and there sat a Verizon Note 2. Asked if they had them in stock for purchase and got excited when the guy said yes. Unfortunately, when he double checked, he realized that the Verizon Notes dont get released until next week.

Phablet blocked!!! What a bum!

Phablet blocked!!! What a bum!

I liked it dude. They had a functioning Sprint one, played with it for a while. Could one hand it quite easy.

I liked it dude. They had a functioning Sprint one, played with it for a while. Could one hand it quite easy.

I'm worried about the one hander... I'm an Otterbox guy.

I'm worried about the one hander... I'm an Otterbox guy.

Dont see it working too well then, that is going to be one large case.

I went window shopping yesterday in preparation for my upcoming ipad mini buy, I found an otter box for it that I liked, looks like I'm getting that

Trying to figure out which accessories to buy for my GoPro Hero 3.

Sent from my Little Robotic Tether.

I went window shopping yesterday in preparation for my upcoming ipad mini buy, I found an otter box for it that I liked, looks like I'm getting that

Dude. Maybe you should wait for the next one that isn't so dumbed down. I see Apple breaking their yearly release cycle trend as a thing that will probably be very common in the future now that Jony Ives is at the helm.

To maximize the use of my tablet and smart phone, I am thinking about using some cloud storage. Do any of you guys use it for documents and such and what are your thoughts?

To maximize the use of my tablet and smart phone, I am thinking about using some cloud storage. Do any of you guys use it for documents and such and what are your thoughts?

I use Dropbox and absolutely love it. Being able to access files quickly and easily from any computer or device has been great.

I use Dropbox and absolutely love it. Being able to access files quickly and easily from any computer or device has been great.

Yeah, we have dabbled in drop box quite a bit and it seems to do the job quite well.

JB have you looked in to Amazon's Cloud drive?

Anybody have a Nexus 7? By the reviews I've read it's superior to the iPad mini in all ways but app store (and maybe OS if a big apple fan). I'm thinking (read going to) of turning my laptop into a stay at home essentially desktop (old, slows down a lot, and the f,a,s, and t keys barely work and I have to copy/paste 'e's) just for printing and typing my novel. Anybody have any good or bad experiences with the N7?

I think Colt just got one last week

Anybody have a Nexus 7? By the reviews I've read it's superior to the iPad mini in all ways but app store (and maybe OS if a big apple fan). I'm thinking (read going to) of turning my laptop into a stay at home essentially desktop (old, slows down a lot, and the f,a,s, and t keys barely work and I have to copy/paste 'e's) just for printing and typing my novel. Anybody have any good or bad experiences with the N7?

Dude. Go to the store and spend 5$ on a keyboard.

Dude. Go to the store and spend 5$ on a keyboard.

I actually have one, just a pain to use w/ where my laptop is set up...it's more an annoyance, it's the whole slow/crappy that makes me want a replacement for surfing.

I actually have one, just a pain to use w/ where my laptop is set up...it's more an annoyance, it's the whole slow/crappy that makes me want a replacement for surfing.

Your posts always come in funny, especially when they are quoted. Why is that? Do you not type your posts in here? Do you copy and paste them in here?

iPad tapping!

Your posts always come in funny, especially when they are quoted. Why is that? Do you not type your posts in here? Do you copy and paste them in here?

iPad tapping!

I cop[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]y an [/FONT]e from a post and then just paste as I go. For some reason the font often changes even though I always copy from a THP post. It's odd, and annoying. Doesn't affect font on any other site.

I cop[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]y an [/FONT]e from a post and then just paste as I go. For some reason the font often changes even though I always copy from a THP post. It's odd, and annoying. Doesn't affect font on any other site.

Do you have a smartphone dude? Tapatalk works amazingly well!

iPad tapping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back