Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another ho-hum 5 RBI night for Pujols. I think they said that he is now 4 for 5 with 4 GS with the bases loaded this season.

He's not a machine. He's just Albert.

Ahh forget that...he's a FREAKIN BEAST.

It's the Fourth of July and the Royals are only 11 games out.

Even Tiger Hates the Yankees

Even Tiger Hates the Yankees

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4305858

Tiger boosts free admission for kids

Noting the new problems the New York Yankees have had filling the high-priced seats at their new ballpark, Tiger Woods is boosting golf's efforts to attract young fans to go see the game in person at the tournament he's hosting this weekend.

"We don't want to have what happened at Yankee Stadium," Woods said Friday at Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Md., site of the AT&T National. "Tickets are so overpriced that you can't bring the family. We want to have everyone come out and enjoy being in a family atmosphere, walk around, have a good time and not have it cost an arm and a leg."

The AT&T National, which Woods hosts, is admitting children under 12 free this week, following suit with a growing trend in golf. Last month's U.S. Open at Bethpage Black on Long Island allowed in kids under 12 for free, as well, and provided reduced rates for teenagers.

The British Open long has had a policy of free admission for kids.

Woods said letting children on the course for free gives them exposure to the game they might otherwise never enjoy.

"Well, I mean, we want to have kids come out here and enjoy golf," Woods said. "A lot of these kids may not have an opportunity to ever be on a golf course or play golf. This is their introduction to the game, and we want it to be memorable. We want them to come out."

soxy-

Why do they sing "Sweet Caroline" at Fenway?

Well that's . . . a completely uninteresting "reason."

It takes a weekend of camping at the beach to figure out Charlie Steiner is the worst announcer in baseball. The satellite wasnt working in the motorhome, so I went the radio route. I had a nice cigar, a few beers, and I had to listen to him bumble for 3 hours on Friday and Saturday.

Geez, Brandon Morrow gives up 2 solo homers in the 1st inning. Ihope he settles down.

Soxy, 5 runs in the 7th. You guys just couldn't let us have the sweep, could you? Grrrrrr. Back to 3 games out.:at-wits-end:

The voting for the last guy from each league for the All Star game is up.
All Star Balloting

It seems like a homer pick for me but I cant see Matt Kemp not getting it in the NL.
The AL is a tuff one. Kinsler deserves to be an All Star, but he should of beaten out Pedroia in the original voting. Pena should be on there too, but if you are really playing to win, the AL doesnt need another first baseman, especially with no DH. I think Im leaning more towards Pena, good thing you can vote a million times.

Pena maybe. But his average is really suffering.

Pena maybe. But his average is really suffering.

He has that old school slugger batting average. It seems like you dont see that too much anymore. Then again, Kinslers average is low too.

Pena is a great team leader and the fans love him here, but they do not need another 1B in my eyes. I would love to see the home town guy go, but I just think the average is a little too low.

Its a tuff call, here are the stats.
PLAYER TEAM POS AVG AB HR RBI SB
Chone Figgins LAA 3B .312 311 1 25 24
Brandon Inge DET 3B .269 279 19 54 2
Ian Kinsler TEX 2B .253 324 19 51 16
Adam Lind TOR DH .310 316 18 57 1
Carlos Pena TB 1B .231 290 23 55 1

PLAYER TEAM POS AVG AB HR RBI SB
Cristian Guzman WSH SS .318 289 3 21 1
Matt Kemp LAD OF .305 302 10 44 19
Mark Reynolds ARI 3B .269 301 24 61 13
Pablo Sandoval SF 3B .333 279 12 44 3
Shane Victorino PHI OF .300 320 5 35 13

Just For Diane

Just For Diane

HKRallyFries.jpg

Geez. 2 hour 9 minute game tonight.

Wasburn gets the 1-hit, complete game shutout.

The Royals picked up Ryan Freel today. I cant believe he was DFAd by the Cubs.

Please vote for Shane Victorino to make it to the all-star game as the fans' selection!

Geez. 2 hour 9 minute game tonight.

Wasburn gets the 1-hit, complete game shutout.

Well hell, I hadn't been paying attention but good for him. Not his usual outing, that's for sure. :clapp:

This one always makes me laugh. Its the Giants trophy case.
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back