Los Angeles Course recomendations?

MattKeto906

Chip Shot For Birdie
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm visiting my sister and her fiance' at the end of July, anyone know any decent courses there? He is a beginner this year, while I'm a Intermediate skiller hacker.

Los Angeles is fairly large.Where about and approx amount you would like to spend?

Los Angeles is fairly large.Where about and approx amount you would like to spend?

yeah oddly whenever someone says L.A. many times its a reference point that everyone knows rather then the actual location they are seeking. I ran into a guy from Vegas who said he was from L.A. when in fact he was from Riverside, which is easily 60 miles east of the city.

All depends on where you want to go.. And the amount

Ventura County
Sterling Hills
River Ridge
Olivas Park

Simi Valley
MoorPark CC
Rustic Canyon

Los Angeles
Angeles National
Brookside #1
Wilson and Harding

Orange County
Eagle Glenn
coyote hills
Oak Creek
Strawberry Farms
Westridge
Telaga Golf
Tijeras Creek
Black Gold

Inland Empire
Oak Valley
Cross Creek
Oak Quarry
Hidden Valley
Dos Lagos
Eagle Glen
Empire Lakes
Sierra Lakes

yeah oddly whenever someone says L.A. many times its a reference point that everyone knows rather then the actual location they are seeking. I ran into a guy from Vegas who said he was from L.A. when in fact he was from Riverside, which is easily 60 miles east of the city.
Thats right on the money. When asked where im from, I always say LA. If they ask what part, I say the Valley, if they go further I will say where. It really is a huge area, I guess thats why they call it the Greater Los Angeles area.

Gasman,

What part of the valley are you from?

Silicon Valley....hehe

I lived in Northridge between 2003 to Nov/07 before I moved out to Arizona. What's your fav course?

I lived in Northridge between 2003 to Nov/07 before I moved out to Arizona. What's your fav course?

It seems to rotate a lot. Right now I have been playing TPC and Olivas a lot, Olivas is great since they redid it. I like Tierra Rejada and Moorpark too. If I had to pick one, it would be Tierra Rejada.

I left out Rustic Canyon, I love that place too.

It seems to rotate a lot. Right now I have been playing TPC and Olivas a lot, Olivas is great since they redid it. I like Tierra Rejada and Moorpark too. If I had to pick one, it would be Tierra Rejada.

I left out Rustic Canyon, I love that place too.

Rustic is a ton of fun.Those greens can tear you up.Only sad thing about that place can be the pace of play.You have to get out early to avoid those 5-6 hr rounds.

Never liked TR.Thought it was to quirky.plus I don't care for a course where the two nines are like playing two totally different style of courses.I played Olivas once after their renovations.Wasn't that impressed.

My faves for the valley and Ventura would be Rustic,Moorpark and Sterling Hills. If you get bored and want to travel,check out Sierra Lakes out in Fontana.That course was a blast and in pretty good shape for Fontucky

Rustic is a ton of fun.Those greens can tear you up.Only sad thing about that place can be the pace of play.You have to get out early to avoid those 5-6 hr rounds.

The pace at Rustic is becoming unbearable, the place is always packed.
Never liked TR.Thought it was to quirky.plus I don't care for a course where the two nines are like playing two totally different style of courses.I played Olivas once after their renovations.Wasn't that impressed.
I didnt like TR at first, but it has grown on me. You can always get on and the pace of play is quick. Plus it is usually in perfect condition. Olivas is really turning into a great spot, the conditions are right up there with some of the better ones now.
My faves for the valley and Ventura would be Rustic,Moorpark and Sterling Hills. If you get bored and want to travel,check out Sierra Lakes out in Fontana.That course was a blast and in pretty good shape for Fontucky

I played Sterling on Sunday, they had really let the place go to crap for a while, but for sure it is always fun. Moorpark has to have the best greens around, they arent gimmicky and are quick. The only problem is they seem to hord Creekside now, the last few times I have been out there they have thrown me on Ridgeline and Canyon.
Ill have to check out the place in Fontana, although its getting pretty hot and the rattlers are really starting to come out.
We have a lot to choose from, they are just far apart from each other.

The pace at Rustic is becoming unbearable, the place is always packed.

I didnt like TR at first, but it has grown on me. You can always get on and the pace of play is quick. Plus it is usually in perfect condition. Olivas is really turning into a great spot, the conditions are right up there with some of the better ones now.

I played Sterling on Sunday, they had really let the place go to crap for a while, but for sure it is always fun. Moorpark has to have the best greens around, they arent gimmicky and are quick. The only problem is they seem to hord Creekside now, the last few times I have been out there they have thrown me on Ridgeline and Canyon.
Ill have to check out the place in Fontana, although its getting pretty hot and the rattlers are really starting to come out.
We have a lot to choose from, they are just far apart from each other.

I played mostly outside the valley.Love Empire Lakes,Eagle Glen even though I contradict myself here cause front and Back are two different style nines.
Hemet Golf and Hidden Valley were also on my Fav list.Can't believe I haven't mentioned Rancho Vista all the way out in Palmdale.

I played mostly outside the valley.Love Empire Lakes,Eagle Glen even though I contradict myself here cause front and Back are two different style nines.
Hemet Golf and Hidden Valley were also on my Fav list.Can't believe I haven't mentioned Rancho Vista all the way out in Palmdale.

Its funny because I never go east, I usually always head to Ventura county. Ive heard great things about Empire though, thats the Arnold Palmer one right?

Did you here that Angeles finally finished their clubhouse?

Its funny because I never go east, I usually always head to Ventura county. Ive heard great things about Empire though, thats the Arnold Palmer one right?

Did you here that Angeles finally finished their clubhouse?

During the Summer I did go towards Ventura more often.It was Sterling as my first choice,then River ridge ,then Olivas.
Been awhile since I visited Buena Ventura though.
Yes, it was designed By Palmer.

Yes, I heard about AN Finishing their clubhouse.I have a good Friend who is in charge of that Place.Plus I'm good friends with Pat Demspey who owns the Trailer for Club fitting there.That Kid Jason who Pat has running the trailer is very Knowledgeable

During the Summer I did go towards Ventura more often.It was Sterling as my first choice,then River ridge ,then Olivas.
Been awhile since I visited Buena Ventura though.

I wonder how good Sterling is doing. When we made the turn on Sunday, there was nobody on the 1st tee box or the first fairway or green at about 10:30. Its been easy to get last minute tee times there.

I wonder how good Sterling is doing. When we made the turn on Sunday, there was nobody on the 1st tee box or the first fairway or green at about 10:30. Its been easy to get last minute tee times there.

I don't know.That course was always easy for me to get last minute tee times.

I don't know.That course was always easy for me to get last minute tee times.

Its never been hard, but its been wide open lately. They got bought last year by the guy who owns Camarillo Springs and he let it go downhill for a while.

They live in Sherman Oaks

Back