Wilson Staff D100

It sounds adjustable and maybe a selection of light weight shaft's? I will be watching this one.

Stupid teasers :) !!! Guess I know what I'll be looking for new yrs day!

Great looking driver. I'm running into the issue where I am afraid to change clubs now by how well I have structured my game however. At time, the G15 is a bit erratic however.

Alright, the driver looks awesome.

But, seriously, I think every driver released this year is going to look just about the same as far as design/color scheme is concerned, haha. The Ping, Adams, the revamped Classic and this are all strikingly similar in look in my opinion.

I hope it's a lot better than the last lightweight DXi they put out. I hit that one again a few weeks ago and remembered how much I didn't care for it. Part of that is how shallow it is and how much I am not used to that, but it also sounded pretty bad.

Any information out there about the stock shaft offerings for the D-100 drivers...I actually liked the set up (look) of the Superlight but the shafts were too soft for my liking...I hope they offer a range of shafts so different types of players can use the D-100 without paying a fortune to upgrade shafts...

Also I think this annoucnment will be on the D line and I am not sure a new "C" line is coming yet...haven't the Ci11 irons only been out a year? By the way the Ci11 irons are very underrated irons as they are what I would call "tweeners"...again I just wish they had some different shaft offerings...the TT TX_Flighted shafts are good but would like to have choices???

:wilsonstaff:

If I was guessing, the C line would be upgraded next year. Seems like they rotate years from what I recall.

Yeah that is what I was thinking...so for folks thinking about pulling the trigger on the Ci11 irons (unless you are torn between the D-100 and Ci11 irons) then I would not wait any longer...GO FOR IT!!! These are great irons...

:wilsonstaff:

One of the best things about W/S is that waiting a year will amost always get you a significant price drop for sure.

Very true...but even at current prices :wilsonstaff: is a deal...heck I purchased the entire line of Ci11 irons 3 iron - SW (as I like all my irons to look the same at address and I am high spin player so don't really need a sepciality wedge to get spin around the green) for $750 (plus tax)...most irons in this category are $699 for eight irons..so if buying ten irons it would cost you $875 (plus tax).

Today at my local EW, the Manager invited my club guy to go to Orlando next week to a special (employee only) demo day to hit all the new :wilsonstaff: D100 equipment...I cannot wait to hear what he has to say about all of it...especially the driver and FW woods...I also told him to snag me some :wilsonstaff: stuff like headcovers, shirst, hats...heck anything...
:joy:

Very true...but even at current prices :wilsonstaff: is a deal...heck I purchased the entire line of Ci11 irons 3 iron - SW (as I like all my irons to look the same at address and I am high spin player so don't really need a sepciality wedge to get spin around the green) for $750 (plus tax)...most irons in this category are $699 for eight irons..so if buying ten irons it would cost you $875 (plus tax).

I got mine 4-PW 2 weeks ago for 214.99+tax

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Hi Guys
I just got my D100 irons back from getting them fitted this past Saturday. I went to the range on Sunday and hit them for the first time ( Off of the range matts ) and I will say that I was very Happy with the overall feel and first swings of the year. Like any other golf swing, these irons are begging you to " Just Put a GOOD easy swing on " the results were better in distance and for the first time swing in 30 degree weather a very easy way to hit a golf ball. Last year I played CI9's and loved them with mixed results due to my golf game itself, but this year I am REALLY looking forward to working on the things that will drop my handicap down to the single numbers....... I believe these irons will help me do that.
I have owned a number of Wilson drivers, but I really have not enjoyed much success with either the Smooth or the DXI, so I just bought the Cleveland Classic 290..... NOW THAT WAS IMPRESSIVE off the tee yesterday....WOW, but that is another post I'm sure.
I am a life long Wilson fan.... And as of now and before actually playing a round of golf with the new D100's I have fell in love with them. They are EXACTLY the feel and the look I have been looking for.
Now I have NO excuses......

Last edited:
Hi Guys
I just got my D100 irons back from getting them fitted this past Saturday. I went to the range on Sunday and hit them for the first time ( Off of the range matts ) and I will say that I was very Happy with the overall feel and first swings of the year. Like any other golf swing, these irons are begging you to " Just Put a GOOD easy swing on " the results were better in distance and for the first time swing in 30 degree weather a very easy way to hit a golf ball. Last year I played CI9's and loved them with mixed results due to my golf game itself, but this year I am REALLY looking forward to working on the things that will drop my handicap down to the single numbers....... I believe these irons will help me do that.
I have owned a number of Wilson drivers, but I really have not enjoyed much success with either the Smooth or the DXI, so I just bought the Cleveland Classic 290..... NOW THAT WAS IMPRESSIVE off the tee yesterday....WOW, but that is another post I'm sure.
I am a life long Wilson fan.... And as of now and before actually playing a round of golf with the new D100's I have fell in love with them. They are EXACTLY the feel and the look I have been looking for.

You moved from ci9's game improvement to D100 sgi irons? I'm curious to why/how you came up with this decision?

Did you try the ci11's as the would be similar in forgiveness to the ci9's you were playing?

Keep the review going on these as you Maybe the only one here that is gaming these.

what shafts did you go with?
Hi Guys

Long Story.... I have owned the DI11's But was unhappy with the way my shots balloned. I went to the Wilson Tour Blades and found I just wasnt consistant enough to hit them ( Even Though I LOVED the feel ) I bought the CI9's in late August and REALLy REALLY like them. But in October my son was at a scramble that Wilson had their Demo truck at, and he tried the D100 and Raved about them. So being stupid I went in and tried them as soon as they hit the local store.
In my hands I tried the D100..... C11's and the Tour Model.
I was on the monitor for over 2 hours and I ended up with the C11 and the D100 in my hands for the final choice....
From the pure numbers the D100 out performed EVERYTHING else in distance and accuracy. And in Feel.... They BLEW everything else our of the park..
I know it's person taste, but for my ability the D100s were outstanding... I am a little below a bogey golfer ( 15ish )
And I think now the D100 will help me be a much cleaner ball striker....
I hope that makes sense, all I cn say is Try them when you have a chance.... They are what I was looking for...

Long Story.... I have owned the DI11's But was unhappy with the way my shots balloned. I went to the Wilson Tour Blades and found I just wasnt consistant enough to hit them ( Even Though I LOVED the feel ) I bought the CI9's in late August and REALLy REALLY like them. But in October my son was at a scramble that Wilson had their Demo truck at, and he tried the D100 and Raved about them. So being stupid I went in and tried them as soon as they hit the local store.
In my hands I tried the D100..... C11's and the Tour Model.
I was on the monitor for over 2 hours and I ended up with the C11 and the D100 in my hands for the final choice....
From the pure numbers the D100 out performed EVERYTHING else in distance and accuracy. And in Feel.... They BLEW everything else our of the park..
I know it's person taste, but for my ability the D100s were outstanding... I am a little below a bogey golfer ( 15ish )
And I think now the D100 will help me be a much cleaner ball striker....
I hope that makes sense, all I cn say is Try them when you have a chance.... They are what I was looking for...

Thanks, I am now interested in trying them if I can find a place to. I just went to the ci11's over the winter and haven't got them to the course yet.

Just wanted to let you know that I REALLY like the C11's... But as I tried them in the store I realized that they were similar to my C9's.. Over the last two day I was able to get out for a few cold swings. I have confirmed what I felt in the store that these are really a VERY easy club to hit, and that I hope they will make me look like I am a good golfer when I hit the course this spring.... Wilson really does have a very well kept secrect... This is a Great Value for the golfer who isn't hung up on what other people think. Matter of fact, I consistantly have people wanting to try my wilson irons out.
I hope this makes sense to all of the readers out there.... Go see them. ( And No I dont work for Wilson )

Last edited:
Ragram, sounds like you did your homework. I made the switch to the Di11 irons in the middle of last season, and it made a big difference for my game. From the stock steel uniflex shaft, to the heads, to the feel, they just work for me.

If I needed to try another set, the D100's would be high on my list to try out. Let us know how they pan out for you over time.

My course had a demo day yesterday and I went specifically to hit this driver and the new wedges.
The stock OZIK was in no way matched to my swing. They did, however, have a 'shaft upgrade' in the bag.
That was the ALDILA PHENOM @ 60g and it totally changed how I was hitting this thing. Straight. Straight. And Hot!
Ball was flying off the face and with a 9* stiff it was a nice mid-to-high ball flight. Really liked the feel off the face but not ecstatic about the sound.
It was no longer than my AMP, but it certainly wasn't any shorter and I think might have given me better dispersement. I put 5 balls in a row between two trees at the end of the range.
Unfortunately, the PHENOM is a $100 upgrade, pushing the driver into the 'exotic' category, as far as I'm concerned.
However, it really did perform well. It just sounded a bit tinny, which can be overlooked if you're hitting the middle of every fairway.

Just wanted to let you know that I REALLY like the C11's...
Side note: The rep said next year's "C" model will not be called the Ci13. Too much angst against the number itself. He doesn't know if they'll rename the line or just skip until 2015.

What is the swing weight of the Wilson D100 driver?

I am pretty sure I overheard him tell someone it's D1.

Thanks for the thoughts T0AD. Did it sound like last year's driver? That one was pretty bad. Good to hear it performed with the right shaft though.

Hybrid should be here tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks for the thoughts T0AD. Did it sound like last year's driver? That one was pretty bad. Good to hear it performed with the right shaft though.

Hybrid should be here tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Sounded like my old Speed Cobra. DING! But it really did feel smooth. I couldn't hit the hybo either. OZIKs apparently hate me. Rep told me the tip must just be way too soft for me.
Good luck!

The D100 driver is REALLY light. If, like me, you have trouble getting around on the ball, you owe it to yourself to try one out. I was hitting baby draws, which I never I mean never ever do with a driver. Unfortunately, this was just into the screens at GolfTown, I'd love to try one live on the range.

Back