Low Launch/Spin Shaft Options

Hogmaniac

Rhino
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Hibore XL Tour 9.5 driver with a Bimatrix X-stiff shaft with a 110-115 ss. I am looking to replace the Bimatrix with something that has a higher kick point along with a low spin/launch. The Bimatrix feels too flexible, and I tend to lose where the clubhead is during my downswing. I looked into and asked about the whiteboard on here, but my new opionion on that is if Tiger can't control it neither can I. I have read the review on the GD Aura Red and another on the Grafalloy Prolaunch Red Axis. Both seemed like quality shafts, but I worry about their low weight and higher torque for a low launching shaft. Does anyone have any other options or personal experiencese with the Aura or Red Axis?

Thanks and Go Hogs

How about Fuji Motore F1?

Those are both good low launch shafts. JB is right on the head with the motore F1. I play the V2 right now for that very reason. Graphite Design shafts as a whole are some of the best I have played for low launch. The YSQ-ST would be another great choice. Another good low launch shaft is the voodoo. They are out there try a number of them and make sure to use a launch moniter....paying attention to the spin rate! The shaft has MINIMAL impact on the launch angle itself.

Thanks for the advice guys. I agree the tech behind the motore is pretty impressive, the only concern is do you think the torque is too high for the shaft? And which of those shafts do you think is the best performer that you all have listed and which one would you guys go with?

Shafts are different for every person. I would never buy an aftermarket shaft without trying it out first.

Hog as a club fitter I could get you some recommendations but I would need some numbers with a couple of different shafts. If you can get me club head speed, launch angle, and spin rates we can come to a pretty good idea of what would be best for you. Try them out they are all good shafts. Up til this season I have been playing nothing but graphite design shafts. The torque is important but not as much as you think. Find the weight you want in the flex you want and the rest falls into place....Get out and try them on a moniter and get me some numbers. If that isn't really possible send me a pm or let me know in this thread and we can try to figure one out for you if that helps.

hog, you may want to look into a grafalloy blue x flex. the launch will be about low-mid and you will enjoy the flex if you felt the bimatrix was a little whippy. another shaft would be an aldila voodoo xvs6 or xvs7. it will give you about the same launch and its pretty stingy flex wise. both will be right up your ally from my experiences

hog, you may want to look into a grafalloy blue

grafalloy prolaunch blue is designed for high launch, thats why i put it on my ft-5. However i love the shaft and will use it on any future drivers.

hog, you may want to look into a grafalloy blue x flex. the launch will be about low-mid and you will enjoy the flex if you felt the bimatrix was a little whippy. another shaft would be an aldila voodoo xvs6 or xvs7. it will give you about the same launch and its pretty stingy flex wise. both will be right up your ally from my experiences

In our specs from Graffaloy, it shows it as a high launch.

im talking about the original blue. not the prolaunch or the axis blue

Back