Titleist Releases New Pro V1's

I bet those balls are so good they will end world hunger and bring peace to the middle east.

That's what your mom said!

sorry.

Spoiler
I'm actually a little ashamed about that one.

^^^^ Definately should have refrained on that one. Mother jokes are never good.

^^^^ Definately should have refrained on that one. Mother jokes are never good.

The restraint was me not making an identical second mom joke after this post.

Spoiler

Seriously, I almost didn't have the self control to stop myself.

I guess my restraint should have been to not tell you my mom died when I was 13 and today is the anniversary of said death.

I was also hoping for a new box design... :sad:

For how much those things cost youd think that Acushnet could afford to hire people to design a new box.

I've resurrected this thread to find out how the ball has done for those who play them and what is the difference between the 1 and the 1X. The first and last time I used a pro v was in 2008 and I was so bad that there's no way I could critique them.

I liked them quite a bit. But not compared to the Z-Star or B330RX

Well C-Tech swears by them and so does a LOT of golfers so I want to give them a "shot". I'm taking it that v1x is harder for a faster swing so I guess I'll try the V...is that correct?

That is correct. They are a good ball. No question about that. However at your level, they may actually hurt you off the tee. They produce more spin and because of that will create more spin off the tee as well. That can create more hook or slice. I would look at a ball like the E6+ to reduce that.

That is correct. They are a good ball. No question about that. However at your level, they may actually hurt you off the tee. They produce more spin and because of that will create more spin off the tee as well. That can create more hook or slice. I would look at a ball like the E6+ to reduce that.

I will and thanks! I looked at the Z-Star and the B330RX. The Z is reasonably priced but the B330RX cost a grip of money. Ha! I'll look into E6+ too but I'm gonna try me a pro v. I know I am. I use a Pinnacle Platinum Distance now and I think it's pretty good ball but...I just have to know what all the fuss is about.

Man I like it here...you guys RAWK!!

Never saw a bunch more helpful then Y'all. That's hillbillian for youens...Ha!

I will and thanks! I looked at the Z-Star and the B330RX. The Z is reasonably priced but the B330RX cost a grip of money. Ha! I'll look into E6+ too but I'm gonna try me a pro v. I know I am. I use a Pinnacle Platinum Distance now and I think it's pretty good ball but...I just have to know what all the fuss is about.

All of those are major spinny balls and may create a problem. I recommend a ball fitting. Check to see if Bridgestone is having one in your area. Bridgestone ball fittings are free and will let you know not just their balls but other balls as well.

All of those are major spinny balls and may create a problem. I recommend a ball fitting. Check to see if Bridgestone is having one in your area. Bridgestone ball fittings are free and will let you know not just their balls but other balls as well.

They're coming to town and I was thinking to do just that. Thanks a bunch JB!

Definitely worth the time. Its a lot of fun and really opened my eyes. For where you are at right now, there are many balls I would recommend, however a tour model ball would probably not be one of them. Just my opinion though.

For where you are at right now, there are many balls I would recommend, however a tour model ball would probably not be one of them. Just my opinion though.

Yeah! No **** huh:laughing:

I'll take a close look at those E6+
I got a round Sunday. I'll give them a try

Yeah! No **** huh:laughing:

I'll take a close look at those E6+
I got a round Sunday. I'll give them a try

The e6 is a pretty amazing ball.

Used the new Pro V1 in a tournament and loved them they have so much spin I was stopping them on very fast greens. I hit a soft PW to the green and the ball dances all around the cup it is a great ball.:cool:

Back