Too hot for golf?

I sweat a lot anyway because of the cerebral palsy, in any weather condition If I'm doing something physical I can take up to about 90 degrees, Johneli is right though about south fla, 3 years ago for my future stepsons wedding, we went golfing on a course close to their home (Zephyr Hills) played 18 that morning 8-11:30 am was soaked from head to toe completely, nasty you guys can have that (JB) plus we wore traditional black tuxedos that afternoon ended up being about 97 degrees that day grrr !!! their wed day was 6/17/06.

Hot & humid isn't so bad if there's a bit of a breeze and lots of water. After the spring we've just had, any day the course is open is a good day for golf.

Yep. Always 95+ here, and I can't stand it. I'd take snow over it any day of the week.

I don't mind the heat but cold weather is another matter.

It is hot here, but if you drink lots of water and wear the appropriate sun gear, you will be fine even in the heat of the afternoon.

Not as bad up here but man if you can gut out the heat you can get some smoking deals on fantastic courses.

That is true! I am playing tomorrow...high 107!

Our rates drop like a stone in the summer also. I played a course that is $125 during the winter for $19 last Sunday, including the cart. I may play this Sunday on the Accenture Match Play course that is normally $225 for $50!

It is hot here, but if you drink lots of water and wear the appropriate sun gear, you will be fine even in the heat of the afternoon.

I take dry heat any day over humidity and yes you can even get on to private courses like Rancho Vistoso, Oro Valley CC etc during summer and pay $20-$25 with cart because they are so dead.

Now to stay OT, today in Coastal Bend TX, it was 103* with 80% or more humidity! And that was by 0830ish! Seriously! I thought I was going to have made it through all the sandbox could throw at me only to die from heat exhaustion on the 17th green! Only place I know of that is worse is Quantico, VA when Marine's stop training due to "black flag" humidity conditions you know its bad! :D

Weirdly enough I still played.........stupid game will kill me yet......

Florida. And I love the heat...hehe
I really do love playing in the heat and humidity. I will take this over the cold any day.

I would not say that I 'love it'...but I agree that it is FAR BETTER then playing in <50* weather any day. I can deal with 100* as long as I have an extra glove and some H2O.

My favorite time to play is Autumn in New England. Those days when I'm comfortable in a sweater and long pants. When the sky is a vivid blue with a few puffy clouds and the leaves have just started to turn beautiful colors, but haven't fallen all over the course yet. Everything else is a beautiful green still. I love playing on days like that. :love:

I would not say that I 'love it'...but I agree that it is FAR BETTER then playing in <50* weather any day. I can deal with 100* as long as I have an extra glove and some H2O.

We get very few days of 100*. Mostly low to mid 90s in the summer.

We get very few days of 100*. Mostly low to mid 90s in the summer.

We get spurts where the heat-index is 105-115* because of the humidity. This year has been the prettiest spring and summer I have every had in 14 years in NC. Only a couple days over 95*...I love the south!

THe index can get a little high here because of the humidity. But we rarely get that high. I dont think people know humidity until they are in the gulf area of FL though.

Im off to play today, it is supposed to be in the 100s. Ill make sure to only drink fruit punch and stay away from the water.:act-up:

Supposed to be 112* here today per the weather guy. He's telling us to bring out pets in, and watch our own out door activities. We left the lake earlier , and it was already 101* . I have 3 desert tortoises in the back yard. All three came out, and are now back under ground. They know how to handle the weather. :clapp:

Supposed to be 112* here today per the weather guy. He's telling us to bring out pets in, and watch our own out door activities. We left the lake earlier , and it was already 101* . I have 3 desert tortoises in the back yard. All three came out, and are now back under ground. They know how to handle the weather. :clapp:

Tortoises? That is so cool! I used to take care of some; they are awesome animals! :turtle:

We also have 4 babies from last years hatch. This is my wife's thing. She raises, and cares for them, then donates them to the local tortoise foundation. We are expecting 6-8 more in about 9 weeks.

Tortoises? That is so cool! I used to take care of some; they are awesome animals! :turtle:

It's 108* in my back yard right now. I have a 2:30 tee time. I don't normally golf on weekends, but some friends are in town. Lots of fluids without any caffeine, alcohol, or heavy sugar for this desert rat..............:clapp:

It was 64º this morning when I tee'd off & halfway thru I was sweating just a bit.

I'd rather play in the heat than the cold. Too much clothing sucks when playing golf; as it warms up you can alwys shed layers. As long as you can drink enough water, the heat (at least around here) is fine most of the time. It affects my wife before it does me, so we try to play earlier in the day.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but does anyone wear "heat gear" by UnderArmour? I haven't this year yet, but have in the past when playing softball and it helps a lot.

It was so hot today, I drank 1 liter of water on the way to the course, 1 liter before I teed off and 8 20 ouncers. It got a little spendy, but I felt good.
This was my line for the day.
Spoiler
[YOUTUBE]APAySMepRm8&eurl[/YOUTUBE]

108 in Tucson. I played. Perspired a bit. Got through it ok. I love this low humidity!

An oven is dry heat as well, but it will still bake things to a crisp.:D

I once saw a T-shirt in Phoenix that had a skeleton with his head in an oven, and on the shirt it said, "But it's a dry heat."

I wish I had bought it.

I once saw a T-shirt in Phoenix that had a skeleton with his head in an oven, and on the shirt it said, "But it's a dry heat."

I wish I had bought it.

I have seen license plate surrounds that say the same thing.

Back