Help with game....

clg82

Banned
Reaction score
Well last night I went out for the first time with the new club and irons. It was my first game in 3 years. I went with my wifes boss, and I told him ahead of time I hadn't been in years the first hole I shot incredible, it even surprised me!!! But the rest were as usual. The worst problem I'm having is my ball hooks horribly to the right after flying straight then all of a sudden a horrible fade to the right. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

where are all the pros at?:confused2:

We have one teaching professional and he comes on once or twice a day to answer questions.

Clg you say the ball starts straight and then drifts? If that is the case you are close to what you want. THe ball drifting at the end tells me you are catching the ball on the out to in part of you swing instead of the in to out. First I want you to double check your ball position. With the driver I want the ball up on the heel of your left foot (right handed players). With that in place there is a drill that you can try that will help with this. Picture a baseball diamond. Your ball is home plate. You want your shot to go right back over the pitchers head and if anything fall towards left field. In order to do this you need to swing your club down the first base line. I want you to try and feel this move. Getting that club to travel out and away from you through impact will give you more power and more accuracy. As you are working on this the first few swings will be a struggle to get down to the ball that is ok. The next few will be hit solid but dead right. Don't worry about that either. Once your body realizes the feel you will find you need to let the hands release and you are there. This swing applies to every club in your bag. Let me know how this goes for you.

Clg you say the ball starts straight and then drifts? If that is the case you are close to what you want. THe ball drifting at the end tells me you are catching the ball on the out to in part of you swing instead of the in to out. First I want you to double check your ball position. With the driver I want the ball up on the heel of your left foot (right handed players). With that in place there is a drill that you can try that will help with this. Picture a baseball diamond. Your ball is home plate. You want your shot to go right back over the pitchers head and if anything fall towards left field. In order to do this you need to swing your club down the first base line. I want you to try and feel this move. Getting that club to travel out and away from you through impact will give you more power and more accuracy. As you are working on this the first few swings will be a struggle to get down to the ball that is ok. The next few will be hit solid but dead right. Don't worry about that either. Once your body realizes the feel you will find you need to let the hands release and you are there. This swing applies to every club in your bag. Let me know how this goes for you.

Holy hell, that's a lot of information. I will try and follow all the directions you have given me.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help or if any of this needs further explination. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Back