Adams has a Chipper

To chip :D

For reasons I'll never understand, a lot of people have a devil of a time chipping.

Thank you master of the obvious. I worded my question carefully because I wondered if it meant you used it when you had a certain lie, etc.

I can chip fairly well - just wondered if a chipper would help me in specific circumstances.

Thank you master of the obvious. I worded my question carefully because I wondered if it meant you used it when you had a certain lie, etc.

I can chip fairly well - just wondered if a chipper would help me in specific circumstances.

:wink:

I would imagine it would be most helpful with bad lies, probably gives you more room for error. I'm guessing the flat bottom of it won't dig in or catch on hardpan, for example, the way the leading edge of your wedge might.

I've seen them before and have tried them, but I've always been handy with a wedge. Seems a lot to sacrifice taking one club out for one that can do essentially one thing, but then again most people bleed strokes around the greens...

Under what circumstances do you use a chipper? Is it a club I need? My father said he had one he doesn't use if I want it. I don't know what brand it is though.

There is a lot more to it than what the other gentleman is saying Diane. It is probably the most versatile club I have ever used.

Check out GG's review of the lady bloom set from Cleveland or my review of the Niblick. Tons of info for you.

The Hackers Paradise Cleveland Bloom Ladies Set Review

The Hackers Paradise Cleveland Niblick Review

Yea I would agree that I love the concept JB.....and not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone else find the shafts on either too short for full swings? Don't get me wrong they do their job well and I am casually interested in getting one (so versatile one club many shots same as the ar platform). Buuuuuut the one I demo'd I couldn't swing more than a hard half/punch attempt, anything more and the shafts' length was bothersome.....thereby negating the full swing! (I am pretty tall w/long torso/arms and wide shoulders always have played longer clus in everything)

Guess what I need to know is do standard iron shafts fit in there? (oviously some type of wedge flex/swingweight/length fitted correctly to your set etc)

BTW chipping, long irons (1-iron too!), and driving are my STRONG suits. I can flop, spin, skip etc on command, 95% of the time with ZERO thin shots. One of my hero's has always been Mickelson, saw him once in SD goofing around with flop chips.....WOW.......... Anyway I still play the bump and run. Once you get the tempo down, even a hight high/low/outside of sweet spot will run pretty good, and who doesn't enjoy a little forgive-ability? Seriously I say this all the time but IMO 90% of those that "play" golf should use stuff like this. And if you are that good you could play with anything and STILL eat me up on the course! LOL

Last edited:
Yea I would agree, and not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone else find the shafts on either too short for full swings? Don't get me wrong they do their job well and I am casually interested in getting one (so versatile one club many shots same as the ar platform). Buuuuuut the one I demo'd I couldn't swing more than a hard half/punch attempt, anything more and the shafts' length was bothersome.....thereby negating the full swing!

Guess what I need to know is do standard iron shafts (oviously some type of wedge flex/swingweight) fit in there?

I hit full shots with mine all the time and have never had an issue at all.

I hit full shots with mine all the time and have never had an issue at all.

Hmm, maye I was just "mentally" blocking the shot. Like I said I am interested and will probably demo this off and on to see if I can fit it into my game.

.....and not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone else find the shafts on either too short for full swings?

As I mentioned before, I don't think it's adviseable to attempt full shots with the Adams. I think you'll end up watching the clubhead go flying after a while. The hosel looks to weak to attempt full shots. I've broken a putter with the same hosel design trying to smack it where I shouldn't have! The Niblick definitely outscores the Adams on that. It looks sturdy as heck, a very iron-looking hosel on the Niblick.

(I still like the looks of the Adams better but cancede the Niblick is much more versatile and would be easier to replace a club with!)

Back