Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

Thanks. The big reason I think it might be worth the extra $ is because the adjustability. I'll wait for it to come out or try to pre-order it with the KBS.

Tapaway!

Agree with Icey. The MyFly technology is very cool and worth the extra coin. Even if the KBS shaft isn't an option it is not very expensive to add after the fact.

Thanks. The big reason I think it might be worth the extra $ is because the adjustability. I'll wait for it to come out or try to pre-order it with the KBS.

Tapaway!

I hope the KBS is available for you, I can't wait to see the custom options for shafts and grips in 2013.

WR talking about hybrids last night got me thinking about these. The adjustable features on these should make it easy to fit in with practically any combination of irons/woods that will be in the bag

WR talking about hybrids last night got me thinking about these. The adjustable features on these should make it easy to fit in with practically any combination of irons/woods that will be in the bag
I couldn't agree more, when you think about having the adjustability of a driver/FW/hybrid, the gap between them all and your longest iron is going to be perfect!!!

I couldn't agree more, when you think about having the adjustability of a driver/FW/hybrid, the gap between them all and your longest iron is going to be perfect!!!

Since I like to build my bags based of my irons, the fact that I can go with a hybrid that ranges from 22 to 25 degrees in just 1 club really aids what I will want to accomplish in terms of yardages.

Since I like to build my bags based of my irons, the fact that I can go with a hybrid that ranges from 22 to 25 degrees in just 1 club really aids what I will want to accomplish in terms of yardages.
That makes a ton of sense, I'll have to remember that! I'm still thinking Driver, 3/4 wood and 3/4 hybrid will do nice with a 5-PW or GW set, then just fill out with the wedges.

But man do these FW and Hybrids look awesome on TV, loved seeing Rickie game them last week!

great bump.
my swing was too rusty to hit the 3W in Ohio, so i can't wait to get another whack at it to see how they really perform.

i'm pretty sure i've got the bag figured out...but there's always some on-going pondering when it comes to the hybos...not being a very big hybrid player and then having the Mashies perform so well, i've definitely come to embrace their usefulness. at least one in the bag will do the trick, but throwing in that second one is always up for grabs with me. i'm pretty confident that i will go back to the 2 hybo setup though. i'm very anxious to get these in hand and see what they can do.

great bump.
my swing was too rusty to hit the 3W in Ohio, so i can't wait to get another whack at it to see how they really perform.

i'm pretty sure i've got the bag figured out...but there's always some on-going pondering when it comes to the hybos...not being a very big hybrid player and then having the Mashies perform so well, i've definitely come to embrace their usefulness. at least one in the bag will do the trick, but throwing in that second one is always up for grabs with me. i'm pretty confident that i will go back to the 2 hybo setup though. i'm very anxious to get these in hand and see what they can do.
With the versatility of the MyFly I don't know if I want to go 1 or 2. Ponder overdrive!!!

Looks like fairways are going for $230 here in Canada. May just be low enough to be considered.

I'm kind of digging these hybrids. I prefer a flattish sole and these just sound great. Definitely going to have to find somewhere to hit these.

Looks like fairways are going for $230 here in Canada. May just be low enough to be considered.

That is a steal! Pull the trigger!

I have no idea about the hybos right now. I think I am set on the woods. I'm thinking 3/4 and 5/7 for fairways. 1 hybo then?

So now trying to find the lofts on the irons I am hoping to bag, I am now even more confused on what set up I want haha

These are some great photos from the Cobra FB Humana Challenge album:
555390_10151164715771199_803281162_n.jpg
396008_10151164715846199_635514298_n.jpg
406105_10151164715851199_1110802955_n.jpg

Interesting to see it set at such a low number, 12*!

Hybrids:
299584_10151164715946199_436839396_n.jpg
12576_10151164715956199_945173593_n.jpg
23350_10151164716006199_1228830422_n.jpg

I'm lovin' the silver!!!

I am so digging that Silver AMP Cell hybrid. If I like the Fubuki AX shaft, I will be going Silver/Fubuki when I finally order. If it isn't for me, I will stick with my VTS Silver and probably go with a Red crown. These things are going to be awesome. Excited about hybrids. Well played, Cobra, well played indeed.

Jeff I think that VTS Silver and Red Crown would be a sick looking combo. I had that shaft in my hybrids last year, I'm hoping I can get them again this time around.

Jeff I think that VTS Silver and Red Crown would be a sick looking combo. I had that shaft in my hybrids last year, I'm hoping I can get them again this time around.

I loved the VTS Silver in my Adams a12, and yes, it would look boss paired up with the red crown. I'm interested in the Fubuki because it is supposed to launch a little higher, which I would like to see out of my hybrid. It was offered by Cobra last year in both the Baffler and AMP line as an upgrade and I am waiting to see if it will be this year as well. I haven't seen a list of 2013 shaft upgrades as of yet from Cobra. The only thing I dislike about the AMP Cell line, is the headcovers. Personally, I would have rather seen a headcover in the color of the crown you choose, instead of that paint splattered thing they have now. But, that's a minor gripe.

Speaking of that, I am really interested in what options we will have for shafts etc.

I loved the VTS Silver in my Adams a12, and yes, it would look boss paired up with the red crown. I'm interested in the Fubuki because it is supposed to launch a little higher, which I would like to see out of my hybrid. It was offered by Cobra last year in both the Baffler and AMP line as an upgrade and I am waiting to see if it will be this year as well. I haven't seen a list of 2013 shaft upgrades as of yet from Cobra. The only thing I dislike about the AMP Cell line, is the headcovers. Personally, I would have rather seen a headcover in the color of the crown you choose, instead of that paint splattered thing they have now. But, that's a minor gripe.

I'm indifferent on the headcovers. I think the design is cool with the splattered paint, but it's just not my cup of tea. I'm waiting for them to update the site with the shaft options too. I probably check it 7-10 times a day haha

With the versatility of the MyFly I don't know if I want to go 1 or 2. Ponder overdrive!!!

the versatility of the MyFly is amazing...but one thing i keep thinking about (especially in the hybrid area) is that any adjustments would have to be made pre-round.
yes they're versatile, but they're only one loft for 18 holes. this is why i must go with 2.

the versatility of the MyFly is amazing...but one thing i keep thinking about (especially in the hybrid area) is that any adjustments would have to be made pre-round.
yes they're versatile, but they're only one loft for 18 holes. this is why i must go with 2.

I'm going to have to keep an eye on you. Make sure you aren't wrenching things up mid round, heck mid hole.

Very good point. I am dying to see some iron lofts. Right now without that info I can't even start to ponder correctly haha

Back