People around here don't like to admit our awesomeness.

:banana:
ROFL!

Best one yet!

And Spam is edible, at least MUCH more edible than Marine Corps Meatloaf.........stuff is scary, and who knows what is in it?

I would also add:

I can hit X iron/driver/wedge/putter/hybrid/shovel/bag/umbrella/glove 300+ yards...........

I didn't think you were a native either.

No but I bet she got here as fast as she could!

Far as native goes, my motto is

Texan Born
Texan Bred
And when I'm gone, I'm TEXAN DEAD!

Seriously though I don't like Aggies but I'd still be glad to see one if I'm not in Texas..........:D HOOK EM HORNS.........:banghead:

So-Cals have overrun this part of Texas. It's irritating.

My favorite bumper sticker I saw on a van with Texas plates driving through Arkansas. The sticker said, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could."

I lived in Texas (D/FW) for 12 years and I really hated it when I moved that I could no longer claim to be a Texan!!! Even if I wasn't a native, I lived there. Of course, that was before Dallas and Fort Worth were joined by a million warehouses and distribution centers. DFW airport opened the month I moved there and Grapevine had its "welcome to and come again" signs back to back on the same pole....

I lived in Texas (D/FW) for 12 years and I really hated it when I moved that I could no longer claim to be a Texan!!! Even if I wasn't a native, I lived there. Of course, that was before Dallas and Fort Worth were joined by a million warehouses and distribution centers. DFW airport opened the month I moved there and Grapevine had its "welcome to and come again" signs back to back on the same pole....

HAHAHAHA! LOTS of towns here like that.........

IMO best bumper sticker EVER is:

Forget Tibet
FREE TEXAS

My favorite bumper sticker I saw on a van with Texas plates driving through Arkansas. The sticker said, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could."

Right! Exactly what I meant by:

It was my signature for a while :angel:

IMO best bumper sticker EVER is:

Forget Tibet
FREE TEXAS

How about this one?

260xStory.jpg

Lets get this one back on topic guys.

Oops! Sorry.

I have been to Texas many times. My question is what did you Texans do with your mountains? A few hills here, and there, but no mountains. And, as I understand it, you have no natural lakes there. All your lakes are man made. What's up with that? Dallas even has a high rise building with a hole in it! I will be in Ft. Worth in Novemeber. Have all this stuff fixed by then. While you are at it, fix those Rockwood greens.

Actually I like Texas. My sister, and brother were both born in the DFW area, and still live near FT.Worth. My I.A. guy is there also. Heck I was even part owner of 1000 calves at one time. Never saw the critters, but they made me some money:clapp:

I am also a Dr.Pepper junky. :D

I have been to Texas many times. My question is what did you Texans do with your mountains? A few hills here, and there, but no mountains. And, as I understand it, you have no natural lakes there. All your lakes are man made. What's up with that? Dallas even has a high rise building with a hole in it! I will be in Ft. Worth in Novemeber. Have all this stuff fixed by then. While you are at it, fix those Rockwood greens.

Actually I like Texas. My sister, and brother were both born in the DFW area, and still live near FT.Worth. My I.A. guy is there also. Heck I was even part owner of 1000 calves at one time. Never saw the critters, but they made me some money:clapp:

I am also a Dr.Pepper junky. :D

Are you only familiar with DFW? Where I am, we have more than a few hills here or there. Sure, no mountains, but neither do a great many states through the heartland. And here's the natural lake TPWD: Caddo Lake State Park
but Texans call any dammed part of a river a lake, too. Isn't that weird? And, junkie.

Lets get this one back on topic guys.

Now JB--this entire FORUM is called random and off topic. Conversations meander. It's their very nature. This isn't a sponsor thread, or even a company thread. Heck, it's not even about golf. Let it go where it wants to.

That said, we've never had a knock-down dragout about religion. As a way left-wing Catholic who supports women's ordination and gay priests (and who teaches CCD and is a Eucharistic Minister to boot), I could offend just about everyone on the board. Give me a chance, and no one would be left standing.

It's just a good thing I refuse to argue on the Internet.

Since it is important to very precise on here, perhaps this might help;
Junkie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I think that lake stopped being a natural lake in the early 1900s when some one found oil, which required flood control, and a dam was built. But I will give you that one

What about those Rockwood greens?

All in fun..............:clapp:

Are you only familiar with DFW? Where I am, we have more than a few hills here or there. Sure, no mountains, but neither do a great many states through the heartland. And here's the natural lake TPWD: Caddo Lake State Park
but Texans call any dammed part of a river a lake, too. Isn't that weird? And, junkie.

Now JB--this entire FORUM is called random and off topic. Conversations meander. It's their very nature. This isn't a sponsor thread, or even a company thread. Heck, it's not even about golf. Let it go where it wants to.

That said, we've never had a knock-down dragout about religion. As a way left-wing Catholic who supports women's ordination and gay priests (and who teaches CCD and is a Eucharistic Minister to boot), I could offend just about everyone on the board. Give me a chance, and no one would be left standing.

It's just a good thing I refuse to argue on the Internet.

Then why have threads at all? Why not just have the banter away thread and have at it?

Then why have threads at all? Why not just have the banter away thread and have at it?

Goodness no - how will I ever learn to hit that darn hybrid if we do that? Or share my trials and tribulations on the course? Where would I write about a hole in one or an eagle if a miracle occurs and I actually get one. Or vent about a playing partner. Or get to laugh when someone else beats someone up on the course - why are men hardwired to hit first and think later - excuse me - not think at all? You do know I tell my golf friends the stories you guys post. They think some of the things you guys do on the course are hilarious.

Goodness no - how will I ever learn to hit that darn hybrid if we do that? Or share my trials and tribulations on the course? Where would I write about a hole in one or an eagle if a miracle occurs and I actually get one. Or vent about a playing partner. Or get to laugh when someone else beats someone up on the course - why are men hardwired to hit first and think later - excuse me - not think at all? You do know I tell my golf friends the stories you guys post. They think some of the things you guys do on the course are hilarious.

Do they post here?

Back