TaylorMade Lethal Golf Ball Preview

I think a lot of people will buy them just for the name. What ball are you using? A Lethal!

I think that those people might not be in their normal state of mind. If someone said that to me and I didn't already know better my next question would probably be "Did you get those at the Dollar General Store or Wal-Mart"?

I think that those people might not be in their normal state of mind. If someone said that to me and I didn't already know better my next question would probably be "Did you get those at the Dollar General Store or Wal-Mart"?

I like it, but you already know I'm not in a normal state of mind.

Taylormade never dissapoints with flashy names/looks. Great performance though, have to give these a whirl.

I like it, but you already know I'm not in a normal state of mind.

Don't get me wrong, I'm interested. Really want to try this ball out. The performance seems to be there. The name just kills me though. It almost seems like Taylormade is trying to obtain the label of a "kitschy" brand.

It's safe to say TM are enjoying these daft names because it's causing some amount of hype. Really wanna try this ball in the wind as Molinari has been raving about it

It's safe to say TM are enjoying these daft names because it's causing some amount of hype. Really wanna try this ball in the wind as Molinari has been raving about it

He had better be. TMAG is paying him good money to rave about it.

With the more uniform pattern and more dimple coverage I could definitely see it being a winner in the wind.

I am a big fan of the TP5. I wonder what the durability of Lethal is like

Actually, I saw Lethal on the shelf at a Walmart today. I was a little surprised.

I almost picked up a dozen of these today in my golf ball buying frenzy. I need to try these out soon.

I almost picked up a dozen of these today in my golf ball buying frenzy. I need to try these out soon.
You need to they are a great ball

I am a big fan of the TP5. I wonder what the durability of Lethal is like
I found these to be more durable than the TP 5. They stay pearl white and even after a couple of cart path bounces, still good as new!

ill give these guys a try, i'm always up to test new balls... no pun intended.

I really like the custom number option. I don't really like to draw on my balls. It distracts me. I just ordered a dozen with my number 17 on them. Looking forward to gaming them. I don't mind the name lethal at all.

I really like the custom number option. I don't really like to draw on my balls. It distracts me. I just ordered a dozen with my number 17 on them. Looking forward to gaming them. I don't mind the name lethal at all.

Here is a pic of Sergio Garcia's Lethal ball with custom logo and #22. This was the final ball he used on Saturday at Doral.

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363190546333.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363190546333.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
My new favorite ball. It does not seem to spin much off the driver, it has plenty of spin around the green, a beast in the wind, and soft off the putter. In the past 6 months I have played the V1x, Hex Black Tour, B330, TP5, and this. They are all good, but this one seems to check all the boxes and be the best all around. I think TM has a hit despite its stupid name.

Last edited:
As someone who lives in a location where 30 km/h winds are a light breeze are these as good as advertised in the wind?

As someone who lives in a location where 30 km/h winds are a light breeze are these as good as advertised in the wind?

Yes. Try it.

**Update:

Played the Lethal on Saturday in normal conditions - slight wind but nothing to be worried about - and I must say I am now getting used to this ball and absolutely love it - consistent iron flight, and the wedge spin is superb - hit a few full wedge shots and spun it back with my 56* 2 times - checked the ball after full wedge shots and you could see on the cover where it really gripped the ball but no gills/cuts - also, while I only hit 7 fairways that day (was pushing the driver a bit - swinging too hard), the distance on my drives was superb.

Feel off my milled putter is nice - click feel with predictable distance off the putter

I will say though, I do hit this ball higher than usual however, at the same time I feel it is just as long if not longer than the V1X

**Side note - I found a TP5 on the course that day and hit 2 tee shots for comparison on a 147 Yard uphill Par 3 -hit a full 9-Iron the TP5 had a very similar ball flight to the Lethal but didn't have the stopping the Lethal had - but the flight was very similar.

Thanks!

Shot a 90 wtih 7 pars, 6 bogeys, and 33 putts (greens were inconsistent but hate to blame the course)

**Update:

**Side note - I found a TP5 on the course that day and hit 2 tee shots for comparison on a 147 Yard uphill Par 3 -hit a full 9-Iron the TP5 had a very similar ball flight to the Lethal but didn't have the stopping the Lethal had - but the flight was very similar.

Thanks!
nice write up. How did the TP5 compare to the Lethal as far as feel and sound off the club face? I tried using the TP5 but it felt and sounded harsher than my Penta TPs.

nice write up. How did the TP5 compare to the Lethal as far as feel and sound off the club face? I tried using the TP5 but it felt and sounded harsher than my Penta TPs.

Thanks! The TP5 I think felt Softer IMO than the Lethal - you definitely knew where the ball was on the clubface with the Lethal - as for sound, I cant really comment on the TP5, but the Lethal has a nice "Thwack"

My neighbor put this ball in play this weekend and was very impressed. Decent around the greens, but freakishly long. I think the verdict was that it was about a club longer than the Prov1's he was playing up to that point. So anyone looking to pickup a few more yards might want to give it a try

**Update:

Played the Lethal on Saturday in normal conditions - slight wind but nothing to be worried about - and I must say I am now getting used to this ball and absolutely love it - consistent iron flight, and the wedge spin is superb - hit a few full wedge shots and spun it back with my 56* 2 times - checked the ball after full wedge shots and you could see on the cover where it really gripped the ball but no gills/cuts - also, while I only hit 7 fairways that day (was pushing the driver a bit - swinging too hard), the distance on my drives was superb.

Feel off my milled putter is nice - click feel with predictable distance off the putter

I will say though, I do hit this ball higher than usual however, at the same time I feel it is just as long if not longer than the V1X

Thanks!

Shot a 90 wtih 7 pars, 6 bogeys, and 33 putts (greens were inconsistent but hate to blame the course)
Thanks for the update, sounds like it's certainly performing for you!!!

I know this is the Lethal review thread, but I picked up some of last years pentas ( may have been from 2 seasons ago) at a sale price. I never tried the pentas and played them today and I was very pleased, straight good distance off tee, great flight from my short irons( hit 5 of 9 gir ) and good spin on chips, great feel off putter. I played prov1x and B330 last year and will now throw these in rotation. If the new Lethal is similar but with more length count me in. Sidenote these were penta tp from 2 seasons ago great ball going back to pick more up at $14.75 doz. Great deal!

Back