SKLZ Launch Pad practice mat

SaskeyInWash

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.0
Hey THPers. I bought the SKLZ Launch pad practice mat to practice in the garage during the dark rainy chilly winter. I would not recommend this product, it just didn't last. To be fair I have a pretty quick swing. Most of the shots I hit were my 7 iron that usually goes about 200 yards and I definitely hit down and through the ball. I would estimate that at most I hit 300 iron shots and as you can see the majority of the front half is gone.

photo_zpsa4851c77.jpg

Does anyone have a recommendation for a better mat? I am now thinking I want a full mat that is 6x5.

You'll probably need to go commercial if you want longevity.

I have a cheap Acuity one and it's a little tore up, but not like that.

Posted via tapatalk.

That thing is tore up. How much did you pay for that?

I don't think you are supposed to mow those

That thing is tore up. How much did you pay for that?

I bought it on Amazon for $24.99 not really expensive but I guess you do get what you pay for.

I'm trying to contact some companies for a review on one or more of these. My biggest issues are durability and shock absorption. My right wrist has been murdered over the last month or so.

I'm trying to contact some companies for a review on one or more of these. My biggest issues are durability and shock absorption. My right wrist has been murdered over the last month or so.

I'm seriously contemplating that Fairwaypro Hawk. They have a kit that includes the mat, plus a mat to stand on, plus a net for a ridiculous amount of money. I say you only live once

I'll see if we can get in contact with them. Probably won't be until after the show. There's another company I've been trying to get in touch with as well.

Maybe I will get it and do a review for THP. I need something in the garage

That would be great dude. I like having the indoor set up right now. Making a huge difference in the amount of practice I get and it's really paying off. Much easier to practice for 30 minutes in between lessons when I only need to walk 10 feet.

That would be great dude. I like having the indoor set up right now. Making a huge difference in the amount of practice I get and it's really paying off. Much easier to practice for 30 minutes in between lessons when I only need to walk 10 feet.

Me too bro. Plus I can work on some stuff any time I want to. Now I have to worry about the kids and the wife if I want to go hit balls since the range is about half hour away. I might be scratch by the time the MC comes!

Me too bro. Plus I can work on some stuff any time I want to. Now I have to worry about the kids and the wife if I want to go hit balls since the range is about half hour away. I might be scratch by the time the MC comes!

If I could show you a before/after video of where I was in early December compared to now, you'd poop your pants. I'd do it, but the before is painful to see. I got away from everything I was working on. Lesson was a big part of that, but the regular practice has been huge for me.

Do you have a net?

If I could show you a before/after video of where I was in early December compared to now, you'd poop your pants. I'd do it, but the before is painful to see. I got away from everything I was working on. Lesson was a big part of that, but the regular practice has been huge for me.

Do you have a net?

I don't. I was just on that site and saw they had an entire kit. The net that is part of the kit looks pretty good. I'm pondering

Plus I want those before/after!!

Duh. I saw that. Don't buy an Acuity net dude. Garbage.

I will do some research on that site to see if it is an Acuity net. I don't want to Sadlowski a ball through my living room!

No, I doubt it is. That's the brand Dick's sells. It works, but I have to do some major rigging. Currently have a bungy cord attached to the garage door opener mechanism to keep it from tipping backwards and some bobby pins holding up the curtain thing you hit into. Oh, and that curtain thing has a big hole in that I made the first day.

No, I doubt it is. That's the brand Dick's sells. It works, but I have to do some major rigging. Currently have a bungy cord attached to the garage door opener mechanism to keep it from tipping backwards and some bobby pins holding up the curtain thing you hit into. Oh, and that curtain thing has a big hole in that I made the first day.

Haha sounds like a winner. The more I think about this, the more I want it. Downer is that I would have to clean out the garage which would be a frikken project and a half

I vote yes. Could be good for the swing change.

Oh snap. I love it!

Back