Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

It seems solid but my driver swing was not great today so it is tough to give proper feedback. I know I enjoyed it in Iowa and liked what I was seeing.

I hit the Amp Cell with Kuro Kage Stiff shaft today. I said last year Cobra had the best feeling head on the market in the Amp, and the improved on it with the Amp Cell and once again have the best feeling driver. I was all over the place with this driver, seemingly doing a cadence, left left, left right left. However each one was A LONG WAYS in its chosen direction, and each one just felt crushed. After my demo day today, if I was running out and buying a driver it would be the Amp with a fitted shaft. I just love the feel of the head.

I hit the Amp Cell with Kuro Kage Stiff shaft today. I said last year Cobra had the best feeling head on the market in the Amp, and the improved on it with the Amp Cell and once again have the best feeling driver. I was all over the place with this driver, seemingly doing a cadence, left left, left right left. However each one was A LONG WAYS in its chosen direction, and each one just felt crushed. After my demo day today, if I was running out and buying a driver it would be the Amp with a fitted shaft. I just love the feel of the head.

That is the combo I am really looking at.

Are you saying you couldn't control it?

Are you saying you couldn't control it?

Yep, it was all over the place. I get that way with just about any stiff shaft I swing. I need the consistency that comes from Xflex, just a personal problem nothing wrong with the club. I had the same problem with the Stiff RIP shaft in the AMP, but I was money with the X stiff.

Yep, it was all over the place. I get that way with just about any stiff shaft I swing. I need the consistency that comes from Xflex, just a personal problem nothing wrong with the club. I had the same problem with the Stiff RIP shaft in the AMP, but I was money with the X stiff.
Ok I was a bit confused. As to why you liked it but couldn't controll it. LOL

Ok I was a bit confused. As to why you liked it but couldn't controll it. LOL

The directional challenges were shaft related. I liked the feel of the head, and could really like it with the right shaft.

The directional challenges were shaft related. I liked the feel of the head, and could really like it with the right shaft.
I gotcha!

Awesome to hear about the distance you were seeing, I can't wait to try this thing in person!

Hit this for the first time today. Loved the feel and the sound. Absolutely needed a different shaft. The stock stiff shaft did not work for me at all. The good news was I liked everything else about it hahaha. Also, I didn't read to much into it as I haven't swung a golf club in nearly 3 months and that I usually need much more than a stiff shaft in my drivers. The looks were STUNNING. Really sold on the silver head. Really wish I could have had more swings but there was a line waiting to hit in the bays.

Hit this for the first time today. Loved the feel and the sound. Absolutely needed a different shaft. The stock stiff shaft did not work for me at all. The good news was I liked everything else about it hahaha. Also, I didn't read to much into it as I haven't swung a golf club in nearly 3 months and that I usually need much more than a stiff shaft in my drivers. The looks were STUNNING. Really sold on the silver head. Really wish I could have had more swings but there was a line waiting to hit in the bays.

still stuck on silver huh? I would imagine the stock shaft is about 15 grams too light for you too.

still stuck on silver huh? I would imagine the stock shaft is about 15 grams too light for you too.

Dude. I was so AMPed up to hit the thing. There could have been a solid steel pole stuck in that head and it wouldn't have contained me haha. Honestly though, the shaft is not for me. The head is responsive and feels spectacular though.

Dude. I was so AMPed up to hit the thing. There could have been a solid steel pole stuck in that head and it wouldn't have contained me haha. Honestly though, the shaft is not for me. The head is responsive and feels spectacular though.

yeah the head is really good. I think they have a winner on their hands.

yeah the head is really good. I think they have a winner on their hands.

Me too bud. I was impressed. I can't wait to hit it with a different shaft.

Do you guys think the stock stif shaft is lighter or not as stiff as most stock shafts? (Does that even make sence)

Do you guys think the stock stif shaft is lighter or not as stiff as most stock shafts? (Does that even make sence)

I thought it held up quite well for me when I've hit it. My SS usually is between 97-103 range. So I'm not really stressing it like guys who are like 110

I think it is a pretty standard stock offering. It feels good at address. I'm not a great person to respond to this because I swing out of my shoes haha. For most people, I think it is a good shaft. It isn't the lightest shaft I have felt in a stock, nor is it the heaviest.

I thought it held up quite well for me when I've hit it. My SS usually is between 97-103 range. So I'm not really stressing it like guys who are like 110
Ok thanks.. Last year I was around 95mph. So hopefully it works.

I would think you'd be fine. But that's just going off your SS.

I would think you'd be fine. But that's just going off your SS.
Yeah. I can't wait to try one. Hopefully next week ill get down to Colorado and try one.

I will say this. I have a pretty violent load and it held up. I just kept getting my hands way out in front of the shaft.

I've never played anything but stock shafts. If I go new driver this year I will probably get fit for a shaft as well. So if stock is good then maybe I won't need a different one?

I've never played anything but stock shafts. If I go new driver this year I will probably get fit for a shaft as well. So if stock is good then maybe I won't need a different one?

I would try it out. I think you'll like it. Again, based on swing speed like ddec said. I would say it is a very solid shaft. Just didn't work for me.

Back