The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week at this time ill be at the lake for a week, kind of. Golfing, wakeboarding, drinking, cigars, gambling, and even a Kenny Chesney concert in the middle. Man do I need it.:banana:

Nice. Havasu I assume? I think that's the lake people in LA visit, or is it more of a river?

Next week I'm on vacation too. Park City, Utah. I'm planning to play at least once just to see how that elevation works with the driver. :D

Camp Grownup* starts Tuesday.

*Both kids leave for sleepaway camp.

Nice. Havasu I assume? I think that's the lake people in LA visit, or is it more of a river?
Your right, Havasu is a lake, but Im going to Tahoe. Im not too into the desert lakes. Park City will be nice right now.

I'm booking a cruise for the fall...havnt had a vacation in 3 years...

Camp Grownup* starts Tuesday.

*Both kids leave for sleepaway camp.

I bet you are excited! Wish we lived closer so I could come to Camp Grownup too!

I can't complain. I Just got back from a quick girls trip to Galveston and then I am leaving for Maui in a week and a half for 8 days. :clapp:

My first Camp Grownup activity? I filled up one of those ginormous lawn & leaf garbage bags with kids' junk that I'm not allowed to toss when they're home to notice. That was only the top layer in the kitchen and the family room. I figure a bag a day, and we may get somewhere.

This wiill no doubt jinx it for me, but I'm very excited about this.

A vendor can usually get me a ticket to one of the Jane Blalock golf clinics. http://www.lpgagolfclinicsforwomen.com/ For the past few years, I've been out of town when it was nearby and couldn't attend. This year, we'll be here. Now it's not a sure thing that there are still tickets to be had, but I have my fingers crossed. The one time I did go, Cindy Miller (Legends Tour and Big Break) was the featured pro, and she was a total hoot.

Thunder! Is rain not far behind? :fingers-crossed:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Qd_IsxgAf8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Qd_IsxgAf8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last I looked the DOW was over 9,000. :alien2: :banana: I'm sure now that I said that the market will "crash" again. When was the last time we were over 9,000 or even 10,000? It's been a while.

Two more days, and my family and I are on vacation! :banana: Flying down to SoCal for a couple of days, then we're on a 5-day cruise to Ensenada. It'll be our first cruise, and we're going with my parents, sisters, brother and all the kids. Nineteen of us in all. It'll be a blast!

Finally thought of something about which to be happy, with only a little intra-mural sucking up involved.

It's been a snowy--and icy--winter. Our driveway is the neighborhood sled run, and minivans aren't great in the snow to start with. But this year, I've had no problem at all. 'Cause thanks to Mr. Longshanks's suggestion, I have the world's greatest all weather snow tires. He told me all the snowboarder boards raved about Nokians. When I called my local tire store to order them, even the salesman was impressed. Now I am, too. Worth every penny. Thanks again, Harry. :blowkiss:

I LOVE my studded Nokian Hakkappellitta IIs!!! They rock! Snow schmo.

Finally got the gas tank back in place in the Jeep and fired it up, woohoo. Now I think I'll try and sell it.

I have 2 Happy Happy Joy Joys :banana:

First, I introduced a guy to the game of golf last night and I could see him get totally, all the way addicted before my very eyes! I took him to Top Golf (TopGolf – Bringing Entertainment and Great Food to the Driving Range
) and had him hit some golf balls with me. He played football in college, so had natural athletic skills. He was a natural ball striker and had only 4 balls the entire night that I would even consider close to a shank. I had to beg him for us to leave because he wanted to keep going! Score another one for the golf world.

Second, I leave on Saturday for Hawaii! That should almost count as a 3rd Happy Happy Joy Joy!

MistyKeene, that is great that you were able to get someone else addicted!

Have a great trip!!!

MistyKeene, that is great that you were able to get someone else addicted!

Have a great trip!!!

Thanks!!! I'll try to keep you guys updated as much as I can from there! Thank gosh I can get THP on my iphone because I seriously doubt I'm going to take my laptop!

My local Barnes and Noble, as of today, offers totally free WiFi. Saves me $20.00/month. A little thing but definitely a good thing in these recessionary times. Good job B&N.

I bought tickets for Jacqui and I to California yesterday. She's actually going out first and I am coming out 4 days later then we are staying with friends for a week. We almost always fly Southwest because, frankly, they usually have the best fares. Once I get the tickets, I always check the "Dings" every day for better deals. (Dings are Southwests special fares that come out every day, for different destinations each day). Well, no Dings today but I checked the schedules again, and all four of our flights are down to $99 each since last night! So I changed our reservations to the exact same flights on the exact same days and saved $112 tonight! The cool thing about Southwest is they don't charge you to make changes. I'll continue to check every day. I won't be surprised if I save another 50 bucks or so before we get to within a week of travel (no sense looking then!).

I have 6:48am tee times on both Saturday and Sunday - 9 holes. It's perfect - won't be too hot, pace of play is good in the morning and I'll have the rest of the day to do things.

I have 2 vacations and one business trip planned in the next 5 weeks. The 2 vacations are Branson MO with the family (nothing but the pool and Table Rock Lake, no, I have never been to any of the shows there) and all guys trip with friends from back east to Myrtle Beach (my yearly excursion to the Grand Strand with fellow New Jerseyans :clapp:). Business trip is a 3 day excursion to the hustle and bustle of Minneapolis.

I have 6:48am tee times on both Saturday and Sunday - 9 holes. It's perfect - won't be too hot, pace of play is good in the morning and I'll have the rest of the day to do things.

You didn't want to do 18? With that tee time, you should still be able to be done by 10:30!

You didn't want to do 18? With that tee time, you should still be able to be done by 10:30!

We play the back 9 so they'll only let us play 9 - it allows them to sell extra tee times. I like playing 9 - it's the perfect number of holes on a hot day.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

I just won Breeders tickets for their show tonight in Cincinnati through woxy.com!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back