The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
We have a rant thread, so I figured we needed a thread for the small, random good things. For example,

My range got new balls today and I was the first person to hit them.

Sure, they were still crappy limited-flight, top-rock range balls, but they were
new_starburst.gif
crappy limited-flight, top-rock range balls!

Happy happy joy joy!

My family is all healthy (*knock on wood*). Everything else is just chaff, IMHO.

we're actually getting a bonus this year! I couldn't believe it... I have yet to be given my number but something is better than nothing

we're actually getting a bonus this year! I couldn't believe it... I have yet to be given my number but something is better than nothing

Spoiler

One . . . MILLION . . . dollars!!!!!

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Just for Claire....the market had a slight rebound for today. :alien2: :banana: Hopefully it can hold on for the next 45 minutes until the market closes.

Just for Claire....the market had a slight rebound for today. :alien2: :banana: Hopefully it can hold on for the next 45 minutes until the market closes.

There was a fascinating interview on Fresh Air Monday, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101334645 in aprt about how Dopamine triggers that part of our brain that looks for patterns. The writer being interviewed talked about how some Parkinson's patients, who take L-Dopa to control trembling, become gambling addicts--they search for patterns in the random numbers generated by slot machines.

All I could think of was the quant guys, looking for patterns in stock charts, or just trying to predict the market's next move. Maybe we all have too much Dopamine in our systems?

Okay, back to being happy. Looking for patterns makes me happy.

I'm leaving to Arizona tonight!

Finally thought of something about which to be happy, with only a little intra-mural sucking up involved.

It's been a snowy--and icy--winter. Our driveway is the neighborhood sled run, and minivans aren't great in the snow to start with. But this year, I've had no problem at all. 'Cause thanks to Mr. Longshanks's suggestion, I have the world's greatest all weather snow tires. He told me all the snowboarder boards raved about Nokians. When I called my local tire store to order them, even the salesman was impressed. Now I am, too. Worth every penny. Thanks again, Harry. :blowkiss:

Im happy about our charity raffle. We love these two charities and am so glad that all the companies chipped in the way they did.

It is starting to show how well JB and I know each other because I am happy for the exact same reason, he just beat me to the post.

We have a rant thread, so I figured we needed a thread for the small, random good things. For example,

My range got new balls today and I was the first person to hit them.

Sure, they were still crappy limited-flight, top-rock range balls, but they were
new_starburst.gif
crappy limited-flight, top-rock range balls!

Happy happy joy joy!

We just got new range balls too, Nike practice balls not great but like you said NEW and actually have dimples lol

I'm happy because I just got the schedule for the opening of the club which means golf season is coming soon.:banana:

My mom just switched TV and internet providers, so I'll have faster internet, and I'll get the golf channel now!! Also free Tivo like stuff where I can record stuff and save it to a hard drive in the cable box. I am so stoked!!!!

Im happy our raffle is underway and I am also happy that we will have another HUGE announcement coming up soon.

Tomorrow most likely!

im happy im getting my putting kinks worked out :) i spent the last 2 afternoons on the putting green and ive switched putters (again) and i seem to be rolling the ball better..... (is this the right thread for this?)

im happy im getting my putting kinks worked out :) i spent the last 2 afternoons on the putting green and ive switched putters (again) and i seem to be rolling the ball better..... (is this the right thread for this?)

Yep, whatever makes you happy RS. good to hear you got your kinks out.

I ordered my new cell phone yesterday (Blackberry Pearl) and got my home phone service upgraded (faster DSL) for less money than I've been paying per month.

On top of that it's 78 degrees here today, all the snow is gone and I made it to the range. Today is the first day where I've felt like I was getting my swing back, at least with the driver and wedges.:D

My new office has the best food around it. A good Mexican restaurant, a good burger place, good bar, a helathy place, and the restaurant I took my girlfriend to on our first date. I have already gained a few pounds, but its a good few pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back