Is Your Glass Half Full?

Diane

Reaction score
Ok - it's a golf forum and we all like to whine and complain a bit because we think people here will understand; however, there are days when I think everyone's glass is half empty. Well not everyone - Smallie is always cheerful. I'm curious if you're the same way on the course. I can almost always find something good to say even about my worst shots and I rarely get mad out there. So - are you more content when you're out there and the complaining here is only upon reflection? Or are you the same on the course?

Sarcasm towards/about myself is what gets me through bad rounds

Hmmm, I tend to have let it go by the time I get around to posting in the "What Did You Shoot" thread. But I may not be who you are directing this thread at....

I'm in the same foul mood on the course as I am here. Least I'm consistent.

I expect too much of myself ... and WAY too much of other people, so I'm usually disappointed.

When it comes to athletics, I have incredibly high standards for my performance.

I tend to be a very optimistic person, but I demand a lot of myself in athletics. If I screw up, I don't get on myself much, I just pay attention to how I screwed up so I can fix it and, hopefully, not screw up again. There is always the next shot and demeaning yourself, in my experience distracts from learning.

I don't see it as half full. I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.

I'm usually pretty good company on the golf course, even if I have a bad round, I try to joke my way through it. There is the rare occasion where I'll lose my cool, but then I just get quiet and simmer.. Trying to talk myself through it doesn't really do any good... you ever see a man berating himself over a bad shot, pretty odd.. :)

Attitude is everything, and a bad attitude is essential to my golf performance.... :angry:

I find I usually play better with people I either don't know at all or somebody I don't know very well probably because I keep my emotions in check better. With my normal golf partners we don't hold much back when we aren't happy with our round. I have been trying to remain calm even when things are going bad but it is a struggle. I've always been pretty intense and hard on myself when it comes to sports.

Im definetly a, "glass half full" kinda guy. Golf is just a game. Its not a life or death matter and no matter how bad my round is, it wont spoil my mood.
I look around me at people who are on some really hard times and I consider myself lucky. I have a good job that provides me with enough money to pay my bills and still have a little fun on the weekends. Plus, Ive got a nice house to live in, nice truck to drive, plus Ive got a really cool girlfriend who is very supportive and lets me play golf, go fishing and ride my snowmobile as much as I want.
All in all, I have much to be thankful for.
Like everyone else, I may get a little down sometimes. Id love to make more money so that I can spend more of it on stuff that I want but dont really need and Id obviously like to be able to spend more money spoiling my girlfriend. Id love for her and I to be able to spend a lot of time traveling and Id love to be able to buy her everything she could possibly want (in my eyes, she deserves it).
Besides the cashflow situation, Id say my life is just about perfect.

I refill the glass on each tee :)

on occasion though, I have hurled the glass like a coke bottle at a Mailbox!
(actually I frisbee-sail the scorecard and head to the parking lot)

I don't have a glass.

At least you finally have pants, so you have that going for you.:D

Yes. Yes I do.
icon14.gif

Depends on a lot of factors, how my rd is going, how my day up to that point went, how I feel physically, etc.

I have gotten pissed off in the past but lately have really been trying to temper it. Just laugh off the bad shots of which there can be many & move on.

Back