Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back Irons

I'm thinking about replacing the 5 wood and 24 degree hybo with a J40 18 degree hybo and a 4 iron.

I'm now thinking about taking your replaced 5 wood haha

I'm less of a man than you are. Already accepted as fact. But I will take my DPC's and go head to head with you on Thursday afternoon for all of THP to see.

LOL it was a joke! Deano, I think the DPC's are more man than I could handle. :)

LOL it was a joke! Deano, I think the DPC's are more man than I could handle. :)

I don't joke around. I'm taking you out! haha
I very seriously pondered the CB's but I am glad with my choice

I'm now thinking about taking your replaced 5 wood haha
We'll talk swap meet stuff after the MC is over. I know for a fact that I have my setup I want and need for the event but long term I may do a little switch up, nothing major though.

Jake- Your current set up, especially the irons, seem to really fit you well. do you think you'll keep your current set up mostly as is after the MC for a bit with maybe a few tweaks?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about the playability of these irons before I received them. I can now say with 100% certainty that I had nothing to worry about. These irons are absolutely perfect for me. I think I'm going to look into getting a 4i to slide into the bag.

Jake- Your current set up, especially the irons, seem to really fit you well. do you think you'll keep your current set up mostly as is after the MC for a bit with maybe a few tweaks?
Things will stay very close for sure. If I were to change anything it would just be to get a J40 Cavity Back 4i and go with a bigger hybrid like an 18 degree.

Do you like the feel of the hybrids more than the woods Jake?

Do you like the feel I the hybrids more than the woods Jake?
They feel very similar. I'm just thinking about needs and shots that I'm seeing with the hybrid and the 5 wood now. This is certainly more related to the woods/hybrid thread but I think I could combine my 5 wood and 24 degree hybrid into a single 18 degree hybrid and throw in a 4 iron and be set for the needs I have. But for the Morgan Cup I feel my setup I have in the bag now is the best.

They feel very similar. I'm just thinking about needs and shots that I'm seeing with the hybrid and the 5 wood now. This is certainly more related to the woods/hybrid thread but I think I could combine my 5 wood and 24 degree hybrid into a single 18 degree hybrid and throw in a 4 iron and be set for the needs I have. But for the Morgan Cup I feel my setup I have in the bag now is the best.

Makes sense. Well back on topic, glad to hear these irons are producing for you fellas!

Now that the Morgan Cup is over with I wanted to give this thread a bump to say that I am so glad that I didn't chicken out on ordering these. While I didn't always strike every single iron shot perfectly I did hit the majority of my shots very solid and these irons simply performed amazing all weekend long. Multiple Bridgestone staffers who went with the DPC irons hit my Cavity Backs and every time they were extremely impressed with how they performed, I'm 100% sure that everyone who opted for the DPC's definitely could have easily went with the CB's instead and not suffered any loss of performance at all.

Marcawesome....do you share my feelings on this? I know we talked about it in person, but are you happy with your choice of the CB's?

Jake I showed your 9 iron what it was like to be hit flush. I bet it misses me

Jake I showed your 9 iron what it was like to be hit flush. I bet it misses me
See! I bet you wish you would have gotten the CB's, you could have hit like that all weekend!

I was able to get my 9 iron used to getting thinned and hit fat again after your almost ruined it for me, thankfully. That shot you hit was awesome btw!

Now that the Morgan Cup is over with I wanted to give this thread a bump to say that I am so glad that I didn't chicken out on ordering these. While I didn't always strike every single iron shot perfectly I did hit the majority of my shots very solid and these irons simply performed amazing all weekend long. Multiple Bridgestone staffers who went with the DPC irons hit my Cavity Backs and every time they were extremely impressed with how they performed, I'm 100% sure that everyone who opted for the DPC's definitely could have easily went with the CB's instead and not suffered any loss of performance at all.

Marcawesome....do you share my feelings on this? I know we talked about it in person, but are you happy with your choice of the CB's?

Jakester this is one of those times where you walk off the course and think, I finally found my irons. its funny because they aren't the most forgiving club out there but quite frankly the DPC's aren't either (while they might be a little more than the CB). When you really think about it, forgiving is relative. I have yet to find an iron that is forgiving on my hosel rockets and until the day I do, these will be in the bag.

I think anyone (besides Dean) could have gone with these irons. Sick looking and I don't think there is an iron out there that matches their turf interaction.

588's do. I was surprised when we compared irons that the 588's (minus the top line) just look smaller. I don't see why either of you would ever not have those sticks in the bag. You both hit them better than I've seen either of you hit anything in the past.

588's do. I was surprised when we compared irons that the 588's (minus the top line) just look smaller. I don't see why either of you would ever not have those sticks in the bag. You both hit them better than I've seen either of you hit anything in the past.

Yeah man, I don't think they will be out. Like you said, I just need to get the ballflight down. I didn't think it was that high haha.

Your 588's do look smaller I reckon. I think the two sets play very, very similar. Although the sound/feel are completely different.

Thanks man. I definitely hit the J40 CB's better than I've hit any iron I've had. Everything is solid and I hit a ton of greens down in Myrtle with them. For the first time in forever I'm not even thinking about a different set of irons. These are it for me.

Thats why they can't have them. It would all be too easy then!

Thats why they can't have them. It would all be too easy then!

Funny because this is true!

Thanks man. I definitely hit the J40 CB's better than I've hit any iron I've had. Everything is solid and I hit a ton of greens down in Myrtle with them. For the first time in forever I'm not even thinking about a different set of irons. These are it for me.

Jake you smashed the ball with these. I don't see you changing much if anything in your bag. You really played some inspired and great golf my friend. What's your favorite thing about these so far?

I'm gonna bench these for just a round and go back to the i20's. More of a shaft testing... if they shaft feels that much better (modus) I might swap the Modus into the CB's. I'm really hitting them well, just like TC said, hit them a bit too high.

I'm gonna bench these for just a round and go back to the i20's. More of a shaft testing... if they shaft feels that much better (modus) I might swap the Modus into the CB's. I'm really hitting them well, just like TC said, hit them a bit too high.

stupid question...I thought the Modus launched higher than the PX? I wish I took a swing with your Modus action at the outing

stupid question...I thought the Modus launched higher than the PX? I wish I took a swing with your Modus action at the outing

Not dumb at all Dean. In fact it was poorly worded on my part. The PX get really high because i add a ton of backspin. the Modus are also a fairly high launching shaft (for me at least) but they spin less too. Well according to the stupid sim at PGA SS. Im in the high 6k's with the PX 5.5 and high 5k's with the modus. I might be putting too much spin on the PX's and they're ballooning at times. As I get more comfortable and hit irons better, I start to notice these things. TC noticed it right away.

I was just fit for J40 CBs thru Bfit.

Aerotech 95. 3-P, bent 2* Weak, +0.5".
Aerotech 95. DPC 3iron. +1".

I'll have lies adjusted upon arrival! Im so stoked to be able to rest my shoulders knowing that these are my best fit!

That sounds like a fun combo. Always wanted to try those shafts.

I was just fit for J40 CBs thru Bfit.

Aerotech 95. 3-P, bent 2* Weak, +0.5".
Aerotech 95. DPC 3iron. +1".

I'll have lies adjusted upon arrival! Im so stoked to be able to rest my shoulders knowing that these are my best fit!

I'll be the first to admit, i know very little about these shafts. Will be fun to follow along.

Back