New England - 2013 THP Invitational Series #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. That would be a great course for it. Some real fun holes and it has a decent range area as well. If I recall a good bar and restaurant area as well. Plus I want some revenge on that course. http://www.theranchgolfclub.com/

The 16th I hit a 298 3 wood off the tee and you had like a 345 yard drive

Thanks for not mentioning that my first drive went OB and the 345 yard drive was the second one!

Thanks for not mentioning that my first drive went OB and the 345 yard drive was the second one!

I don't recall that first drive at all. I don't know what courses are being considered, but that one would be a blast.

As far as I know right now I'm in. I can get to anywhere in NE with relative ease. I don't think this date conflicts with anything either.

Check the date everybody. GG just moved it to the 8th so that the US Open will not be an issue.

And this has been added to our calendar.

As far as I know right now I'm in. I can get to anywhere in NE with relative ease. I don't think this date conflicts with anything either.

Road trip? I'd be down for certain. Hoping the dates work out for me working a different tourney in late June. I'm in for now

I would have loved to come - especially since it looks like it will be right in my backyard. Unfortunately I think I have to attend a wedding that day! What a bummer...

I'll double check the date - but JB & GG; if you need any help picking a spot, I have played all over CT and more specifically Fairfield County. More than happy to help. Don't venture out of the state too much for golf, so really can't help much outside of CT. Any questions please feel free to ask!

Wish I could make this one too, but Texas, Branson, The Morgan Cup and hopefully Vegas is about all I can handle for one year...LOL

Where would you be driving up from for this one?

Road trip? I'd be down for certain. Hoping the dates work out for me working a different tourney in late June. I'm in for now

Yeah. As far as I know (I'll have to ask my parents), anyone who wants can drive up to my place and then we can carpool up to the invitational. That would be easy I think if anyone else is good with that.

Definitely in for this, looking forward to meeting everyone!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Heck yeah!!! As long as my schedule permits, I'm there! Newport National in RI would awesome!

edit: I just checked my schedule. Damn! I won't be able to make. Food and Wine Festival in Falmouth, MA... Grhhh....

Heck yeah!!! As long as my schedule permits, I'm there! Newport National in RI would awesome!

edit: I just checked my schedule. Damn! I won't be able to make. Food and Wine Festival in Falmouth, MA... Grhhh....

Golf with THP > Food and Wine Festival

I'd be coming from the Princeton area. Was thinking about potential carpools.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

That could work.

Add me to that list as well. Can't wait just hope it works out

perhaps we should pick a course near Foxwoods. That way you can gamble away at night

perhaps we should pick a course near Foxwoods. That way you can gamble away at night

Lake of Isles is Foxwoods course... There's a public course and a private course there, both are great according to my buddy. Also worth looking into Lyman Orchards, they have a few courses there and a fantastic looking practice facility/range and par 3 course.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I'd be coming from the Princeton area. Was thinking about potential carpools.

Depending on where people are coming from and the venue chosen, don't rule out Amtrak. It's much easier than taking clubs on a plane and a very civilized way to travel. There are major Amtrak stations in Stamford and New Haven, among other places.

Excited to see the details on this one! I've already got the date marked off on my calendar. Cant wait to finally meet some THP'ers.

Lake of Isles is Foxwoods course... There's a public course and a private course there, both are great according to my buddy. Also worth looking into Lyman Orchards, they have a few courses there and a fantastic looking practice facility/range and par 3 course.

Lyman Orchards is my home course! I'd be happy to do any interface with them that could help. http://www.lymangolf.com

Their main layout has two 18-hole layouts (one by Robert Trent Jones and one by Gary Player). Their new practice facility is very nice indeed.

Ken

Last edited:
New England - 2013 THP Invitational Series #4

Add me to that list as well. Can't wait just hope it works out

Agreed. As of right now though, I'm clear. And depending on where it is, I think my place is a pretty solid meeting-point for the NJ crew to meet.

This date should work for me! All depends on where and how much but this Invitational is looking pretty good for me.

This one may depend on the location for me. If it's CT, I can likely intertwine some work-marketing into the trip, making it very doable. If it's not CT, it's still possible, but I would likely need to work in a trip to Hartford to make the trip happen.

I'll be watching this thread like the old game show Press Your Luck: No Whammies, No Whammies, No Whammies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back