What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe how much I ate at the fair last night and im paying for it today. I had two corn dogs, a chili dog, Cinnamon roll and a churro. This was in a 5 hour window.

I cant believe how much I ate at the fair last night and im paying for it today. I had two corn dogs, a chili dog, Cinnamon roll and a churro. This was in a 5 hour window.

So much for the healthy eating rumor that is being spread around about you.:D

I'm having BBQ beef sandwiches tonight

Well I'm sure you lived up to the name TheGasman.....:D

So much for the healthy eating rumor that is being spread around about you.:D

I had to debunk that one real quick. I dont want people thinking that about me.:act-up:

The lasagna recipe with the bechamel is in the "Silver Spoon" cookbook and you know that's the bible of Italian cooking.

Yes I do. Given to me as a gift....a very nice gift indeed. Sometimes it's just fun to sit down with that book (with some libation) and go through recipe after recipe sticking bookmarks between the pages where a great recipe got your attention.

Anyone ever get the original chopped salad (with garbanzos) from CPK? They have a mustard parmesan vinaigrette that is sensational on it.

Anyone ever get the original chopped salad (with garbanzos) from CPK? They have a mustard parmesan vinaigrette that is sensational on it.

Man, I grew up on that salad. I always go no garbanzos though. Their bbq chopped is pretty good as well.

Tonight we're having what we call Hawaiian Chili (no Diane, no spam in it). It's made with kidney beans, onions, ground turkey, chili seasoning, diced tomatos, tomato sauce and Portuguese Sausage (Linguiça). It's awesome!

I picked up a slab of ribs with hardly any fat.I'll put my dry rub on em ,let em marinate for about a day and then throw em on the smoker for about 6 hours.Lots of good sweetcorn around right now to have with them.Debating on making up my signature sauce or just using store bought.

I :love: garbonzo beans/chick peas!

I'm making meatloaf tonight with ground beef, hot sausage, mozzarella, red wine and tomato sauce. It's going to be yummy.

I'm making meatloaf tonight with ground beef, hot sausage, mozzarella, red wine and tomato sauce. It's going to be yummy.

MMMM, sausage is the key to meatloaf. That or veal.

MMMM, sausage is the key to meatloaf. That or veal.

I have another meatloaf recipe for the slow cooker with dark and light meat ground turkey, ground beef and mushrooms. That one is yummy too. You are right - gotta mix meats - otherwise, you just have a big hamburger.

Now THAT sounds out of this world. Where did you get that recipe Diane?

Don't talk to me anymore.

Now THAT sounds out of this world. Where did you get that recipe Diane?

Epicurious.com - it's Mario Batali's father's recipe.

Epicurious.com - it's Mario Batali's father's recipe.

T/Y! And here all this time I've been making Tyler Florence's dad's meatloaf recipe with the bacon on top. I need to get with the right host!

Im doing swordfish kabobs with Israeli couscous tonight. There is more to it, im just not very descriptive.

Speaking of couscous. Give this a shot. Make couscous according to the package directions. Instead of water I use chicken stock. When done wet all the couscous liberally with the best quality olive oil you can find. (Since the olive oil is not heated in this recipe it should be one whose flavor you love raw.) Really douse the couscous. Then fold in good, ripe chopped tomatoes. Then add grated parmagiano regianno to suit your taste. Salt, pepper, then WAIT til mixture cools and add a bunch of chopped basil. (If you add the basil to the HOT couscous it will turn a dark, blackish green. Store in frig and use as a salad or a snack. Simple and unbelievably good. (Tried it once with the Israeli couscous and it wasn't as good as the conventional size which really absorbs the flavor of everything.)

Smoked trout & tomato/mozzarella stacks with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

What ever I can rummage out of the freezer. We are trying not to buy any new groceries until we move that way we don't have to move a bunch of groceries. Our freezer is pretty well stocked. It will be like a grab bag. Reach in, grab something and hope it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back