Ain't too Proud to Beg.....

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
....or plead or DEMAND! When your ball's in flight do you talk to it? Do you plead? Demand for it to get down? Use body language to urge it left or right? One guy I played with always said "Please dear God!" Other let out howls and other unworldly utterances to influence the ball flight?

Have you ever been known to plead with your golf ball? Think about putting too.....I've heard many a plea and seen some severe body language as a putt rolls toward the hole.

DON'T BE TOO PROUD TO (tell us you) BEG.

....or plead or DEMAND! When your ball's in flight do you talk to it? Do you plead? Demand for it to get down? Use body language to urge it left or right? One guy I played with always said "Please dear God!" Other let out howls and other unworldly utterances to influence the ball flight?

Have you ever been known to plead with your golf ball? Think about putting too.....I've heard many a plea and seen some severe body language as a putt rolls toward the hole.

DON'T BE TOO PROUD to tell us you BEG.

yes, all of the above. Although Christina Kim I am not!

I’ve been know to talk to the ball on occasion but as Thanks pointed out above, I am no Christina Kim. Or for that matter I am no Kristie Kerr either!

All the time. Usually it is something like "I hate it when the ball goes where I hit it", or something similar. "Oooops" is another one I use. On the good shots I usually say "I can play from there". :clapp:

A golf ball is some what like a good women. Talk to them nice, treat them nice, and they will make you proud, and do nice things for you.........

It's normal to talk to the ball - it's even better when it listens.....

Not so much, but on occasion I will talk to it. I have a buddy who will be the "get in the hole" guy but he does it to be funny and usually picks the right time when it will make us all laugh.

Haha great thread! I am always talking to my ball while its in the air. I'm out there like ground control for an airplane flight. I'm giving it directions on where I want it to land...too bad it usually doesn't listen. :banghead:

Also when I leave a putt short, I like to ask my ball "ARE YOU TOO GOOD FOR YOUR HOME?!" circa Happy Gilmore

Nope all I say is awww s*** or something to that effect.

Sometimes it looks like I'm having a seizure, trying to manipulate it's flight, all the while talking to the ball.

It never seems to work though... :(

On approach shots i sometimes do,my ambition is to find a ball that listens.

I am a firm believer in talking to the ball when it's in the air when you want it to do something. For me, it's usually 'softly...' when the ball is going towards trouble.

I talk to the fades, but I have learned that hooks won't listen. I think Lee Trevino said something like that...

I talk to the fades, but I have learned that hooks won't listen. I think Lee Trevino said something like that...

AMEN!!!

I'm usually cussing at the ball too much to think about begging to it.

Pshhh all the time, if someone were to overhear me they might think I had a dog/cat/weasel/ferret/whatever on the course.........:D

"SIT", "STAY", "ROLL/FOLD OVER", "NO!", "COOOOOOME BAAAAAAACK" etc!

My dad and bro hate it too, they think it somehow makes me "act" like a pro......who cares, cuz it is the best feeling in the world to have a crowd, hit what you know to be a really tight scoring shot and then to yell, "SIT", and it does! :cool:

I've never had the nerve to tell my approach shot to "bite like a police dog!"* but I'd love to say that.

*Dottie Pepper--best command to a golf ball ever!

I don't normally talk to my ball, but I did find myself uttering an under the breath "be good" for one particular shot today. It wasn't really that good; 15 feet short, bang on line. Maybe I need more sweet talking experience before it start to work.

I talk to the ball while it's in the air.I say things like "it's gotta go" or "get down" or "get back over here"(usually a command spoken to a ball that is not fading fast enough").
I talk the putts too. That phrase is usually "get there" unfortunately.
You have to talk to your ball, that way it can hear your voice and recognize it, it will then do what you say.

I will say things like stick, come back, STOP!!!, oh come on please, don't fade don't fade, but if a shot is particularly good I will say, That dog'll hunt.

The only time I do this is when I'm mimicking(sp?) Anthony Kim. I saw him on TV once shout "Bite! Bite!" in some crazy voice so my brother and I always mimick him. "BITE! BITE!"

I say the normal things: go, bite, get up, your mother and I never wanted you, turn over, cut, etc.

Sometimes I talk to my clubs too. Specifically, I'll give one to my pro during a lesson and tell him to hit it. When he's done, I take the club aside and whisper, "See, that's what I want you to do every time."

Back