THP's WITB Contest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Similar to classic cars, immaculate racing bikes or fancy boats, golf equipment can be quite the eye candy to those who appreciate it. We have always found it fascinating to look inside other golfer’s bags. Whether we are at Innisbrook before the Transitions Championship or at our local course during the week, we have an appreciation and fascination for golf equipment.

This brings us to our next contest: THP wants to know what’s in the bag.

Submit 4-6 photos of your equipment and your bag. Or you could do it like Golf Digest, with one picture and label everything. Provide a brief explanation of what you are playing. Feel free to provide details on custom specs, grips, weights, head position if you play an adjustable driver (Nickent, Nike, or TaylorMade). Also, include a sentence about what’s in the bag’s pockets (lucky rabbit’s foot, picture of your spouse, lucky ball marker, etc).

A panel of THP judges as well as forum members will be judging on: creativity, uniqueness of equipment (not based on price), accessories, what is in the pockets, photos, etc…We want to reiterate that this contest is not about the most expensive equipment. This is about creativity, pictures, accessories, and fun.

The winner will receive a new Purelight bag from TaylorMade. This bag won’t even be released until 9/1 so this is your chance to obtain one right after it hits retail.

One entry per person only.
To enter this contest you must email us your entries and you must be a forum member to enter. If you are not a forum member sign up is free and easy and takes less than 5 minutes. When you send your email please provide your forum screen name.
This contest will run for 2 weeks. Entries must be received by 9/8/09 at 11:59pm EST. You can email your entries to [email protected] or [email protected]

See below (2nd post) for sample “THP: What’s in the Bag” post. Caleb, one of the staff members at THP posted his bag for everyone to see. He also provided a few sentences about the equipment and what contents are in the bag’s pockets.

PURE LITE STAND BAG
630021059_hPCJw-M.jpg

When you’re devoted to perfection, and demand the best of the best, the PURE-LITE Stand bag is your weapon of choice. With seven pockets, an integrated handle top, insulated water bottle pocket, and the most comfortable, well balanced shoulder straps in the industry, the PURE-LITE is the pinnacle of golf stand bags.

Features:
• Six-way top with new integrated handle and full-length shaft dividers
• Seven pockets including velour-lined valuables pocket and insulated water bottle sleeve pocket
• EVA foam ergonomically correct shoulder straps with velour lining
• FAST Compatible – Fast Action Snap Technology
• Intergrated bottom trunk handle
• TPR Comfort Handle
• Bungee towel cord
• Anti-slip actuator

Specs:
• Lightweight 420 denier diamond ripstop nylon construction
• Rainhood
• 4.9 lbs.

Last edited:
  • Admin
630020267_AwoBW-M.jpg

630020015_M6PZc-M.jpg

630019821_TLRKg-M.jpg

630021032_iNTBq-M.jpg

630020514_enf5d-M.jpg

630020793_7kz8b-M.jpg

Driver: TaylorMade R9 460 10.5 with/Regular flex aldila REAX 60 gram. FCT in between “L” and “N”

F/W: TaylorMade R9 3-wood with/Stiff flex Fujikura Motore 70 gram. FCT in between “L” and “N”

Hybrids: Cleveland Launcher 3/19* with/stiff Fit-On GOLD
TaylorMade Raylor 22* with/stiff REAX 65 gram shaft

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 09 irons (5-9) with steel stiff 85 gram shafts, bent 2* flat, Golf Pride Black & White New Decade grips (logo down)

Wedges: TaylorMade PW Burner 09 (same spec as iron set)
TaylorMade AW Burner 09 (same spec as iron set)
Cleveland CG 14 56*, stock shaft, stock grips
Cleveland CG 14 60*, stock shaft, stock grips

Putter: Rossa TP by Kia Ma Daytona

Footwear: adidas Golf

Golf ball: TaylorMade TP Red w/LDP

Apparel: adidas Golf, Ashworth and Sligo Wear

Rangefinder: Bushnell TourV2 w/Slope

Bag: adidas Golf Powerband stand bag

In Pockets: Four Yards More golf tee, Patriot Golf Day ball marker, wood tees, line-em up, sharpie, extra gloves, Oakley sunglasses

Last edited:
Damn! JB, you suck. Wait until I send in the pic of my dookey-looking get up. Geeeez!

• Admin
Mine isn't unique at all. I look forward to seeing the pics from the other members though.

I'm taking my pictures tonight. Great contest JB and THP!

What happens if you play more than 1 set up? Nice stuff JB, it must pay to be THE KING!:zthumbsup:

• Admin
Then pick your setup you want to enter. Please everybody understand, that those are not my clubs nor my bag. This setup belongs to our staff writer Caleb.

I have neither the bag nor the photography skills to compete in this contest.

But I must say that Pure Lite stand bag looks sweet!

This would mean I would have to actually clean my clubs.

No way, get creative and you never know what could happen. This is a great contest. Thanks THP and Taylormade.

No way, get creative and you never know what could happen. This is a great contest. Thanks THP and Taylormade.

Wow, photography skills, cleaning clubs? I agree with gasman, this one is going to be fun. :blob:

oops - as LBlack14 said - for emailing not posting. Silly me.

Last edited:
Then pick your setup you want to enter. Please everybody understand, that those are not my clubs nor my bag. This setup belongs to our staff writer Caleb.

Will do, but the pics and stuff have to be sent to y'all not posted here, right?

You win for best pic of clubs trying to cover up a poorly patched wall.:cool: What's the story with it?

It was like that when I got here guv. Honest.

It really was. Nothing to do with me.

We have received some of the pictures for this one. Please make sure that you leave your forum screen name.

hopefully this one stays open till i get my new irons! ordered them yesterday :clap:

ap2 5-pw 2* flat... + 1/2... Rifle Project X 5.5.... New Decade Multicompound Red/Blk

o boy o boy o boy! :D

I'm working on it.....

I wish the pics would come out like I want.... ARGggggggggggggggggggggggg

As long as your working on it, it works for us. Cannot wait to see them.

The Adidas Bag from Caleb looks gorgeous.
Unfortunately we have no chance to get Adidas Bags in Germany. Thats weired since Adidas is a german brand.:angry:

Ha - same here. Guess I need to get to scrubbing. Don't think I can mask the sky marks on my driver :)

With the KiaMa contest winner announced, hopefully some more forum members will jump in and send over some pictures and descriptions of their bag.

Back