UK THP Winter Cup – Full Report (Picture Heavy)

Always very welcome! And I for one would gladly put an Irish event onto the rotation! Some cracking course on the Emerald Isle, and there's a rumour that the craic is not too bad either....:banana:

Now that would be very cool

View attachment 8284

A quick shot of the boys, (minus me on camera duty). Left to right. Mick 'The Professor', 'champ' Crag Rat, 'nearestthepin' DavidL, 'longball' Bully, 'longiron' Burgerbudge, 'redball' ianb281, 'sambuca' Mav281 and 'hitthebloodyball' TK.

Loved that El B.

And it worked on me at least! But Crag Rat is hewn from sterner stuff....right then. Lets get the thread up for the next one! You gonna speak to your agent man or do do you want me to?

You wouldn't say that if you'd seen me on 10,11 and 13 on Tuesday El Bandito! Wobbling big time - hewn from jelly would be closer to the mark. Mav got a little unlucky on 18 and was trying to play the sensible shot - I got a break off the tee and then played 2 sensible shots in and managed to crawl over the line.

Thanks to you and to Mav for going that extra mile for making the event so enjoyable - can't wait for the next one!

Really hoping I can make the next one - did I see Forest of Arden mentioned as a possibility?

That looks like it was a good time. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 8284

A quick shot of the boys, (minus me on camera duty). Left to right. Mick 'The Professor', 'champ' Crag Rat, 'nearestthepin' DavidL, 'longball' Bully, 'longiron' Burgerbudge, 'redball' ianb281, 'sambuca' Mav281 and 'hitthebloodyball' TK.

I think next time round we should have printed shirts with our adopted nicknames allocated by El B.

Especially TK. That would be amazing!!

Really hoping I can make the next one - did I see Forest of Arden mentioned as a possibility?

That's one that we discussed and having played it 8 or 9 years ago I'd love to be able to go back. I think we all felt it would be good to rty and get some of our more Northerly members involved and something closer to home might get them out for the next event.

be great to have you along!

I think next time round we should have printed shirts with our adopted nicknames allocated by El B.

Especially TK. That would be amazing!!

I'd probably spell mine wrong and end up with Chump!LOL

That's one that we discussed and having played it 8 or 9 years ago I'd love to be able to go back. I think we all felt it would be good to rty and get some of our more Northerly members involved and something closer to home might get them out for the next event.

I would love to be able to manage to get to one, so as long as I have enough notice and it doesn't clash with anything else then I will be up for it

Fairly close to home (for us) I played at Owston Hall in November and looks like I will be back there early May for another golf day so we are hoping for better weather than we had last time as we all enjoyed the course and food in the hotel

I'd probably spell mine wrong and end up with Chump!LOL

Crag Rat, I would do them. Definitely spell them right. And yes, you would definitely end up with Chump.....;)

Crag Rat, I would do them. Definitely spell them right. And yes, you would definitely end up with Chump.....;)

Im not suggesting you would have to get the shirts done El B, I just think it would be a nice touch.

Presumably, we could use the THP logo/name? Would they be happy with this or do we ask permission? I'm happy to assist in this if that was something everyone fancied?

Cor blimey guv, us Southerners need a passport past the Watford gap. A numerical majority were already Leeds fans! What more do you want?

I think it would be great to get a rotation going. Hardcore layabouts like you and me who can skive probably don't mind a bit of travel, and proper people who actually have to turn up to work can pick and choose which ones to attend...so on my mental list is Forest of Arden, a bit of Links in Bonnie Scotland, a 'Guinness Tour' to the Emerald Isle and something down here in south/southwest.

Im not suggesting you would have to get the shirts done El B, I just think it would be a nice touch.

Presumably, we could use the THP logo/name? Would they be happy with this or do we ask permission? I'm happy to assist in this if that was something everyone fancied?

Awwww...Bully. I was planning on a tidy we profit on those. (Kidding!) I would definitely go for it. I can't imagine JB would have a problem, but courteous to drop him or GG a PM first...

I'm going to regret this...but you lot will need to come up with a nickname for me....

El Porco and Horse (drinks standing up) are some old ones.....

Just checked in with my contact.

Forest of Arden - golf on Sunday, dinner, accomodation, breakfast, golf on the Monday - sometime at the back end of May start of June - £130 :bananadance:

Cor blimey guv, us Southerners need a passport past the Watford gap. A numerical majority were already Leeds fans! What more do you want?

I think it would be great to get a rotation going. Hardcore layabouts like you and me who can skive probably don't mind a bit of travel, and proper people who actually have to turn up to work can pick and choose which ones to attend...so on my mental list is Forest of Arden, a bit of Links in Bonnie Scotland, a 'Guinness Tour' to the Emerald Isle and something down here in south/southwest.

Well having finally found somewhere where we're in the majority I thought I'd try and maintain it!

I love the sound of 4 per year spread out across the UK - Ireland and Scotland would be great and midlands or perhaps over towards Liverpool/Birkdale/Southport & Ainsdale/Hillside?? as well as the South would be an awesome 4?

Forest of Arden - golf on Sunday, dinner, accomodation, breakfast, golf on the Monday - sometime at the back end of May start of June - £130 :bananadance:
#

That's just perfect - I assume one on the Arden and one on their other course (name escapes me but it's a lots less impossible!)

Sunday 26th May or Sunday 9th of June work well for me!

I would love to be able to manage to get to one, so as long as I have enough notice and it doesn't clash with anything else then I will be up for it

Fairly close to home (for us) I played at Owston Hall in November and looks like I will be back there early May for another golf day so we are hoping for better weather than we had last time as we all enjoyed the course and food in the hotel

Owston Hall - is that the one near Doncaster? Played that a few times a few years back - has a few very open (not very interesting holes) but also has some really good ones - almost as though it was a 9 hole course that's been extended? Or was it another one? The hotel and food were pretty nice from what I saw/ate.

Well having finally found somewhere where we're in the majority I thought I'd try and maintain it!

I love the sound of 4 per year spread out across the UK - Ireland and Scotland would be great and midlands or perhaps over towards Liverpool/Birkdale/Southport & Ainsdale/Hillside?? as well as the South would be an awesome 4?

I know I will be in the minority, but even the midlands area can be looking at at least 2.5 - 3 hours drive for me so a lot will depend on the timings which is a bit of a shame as I would love to be able to get to at least one event per year. Depending on where the Scotland event would be, that might be a possibility if it isn't too far north of the border (Roxburghe was quite a nice course when I played it and is only 2 hours from my door or a place called Cally Palace was a regular haunt and we usually got a good weekend deal there for DB&B)

Would it be worthwhile trying to get a list of UK people and the area they live in so that we can propose some locations?

Owston Hall - is that the one near Doncaster? Played that a few times a few years back - has a few very open (not very interesting holes) but also has some really good ones - almost as though it was a 9 hole course that's been extended? Or was it another one? The hotel and food were pretty nice from what I saw/ate.

Yeah, that's the one, this is the link to the hotel - CLICK

You just need to make sure you get the right place as I am pretty sure there is a little 9-hole course right next door

Well I was hoping for something like Bomber, Ice Man but Chump's better than most I've had.... :smirk:

Yeah, that's the one, this is the link to the hotel - CLICK

You just need to make sure you get the right place as I am pretty sure there is a little 9-hole course right next door

Yep that's it - definitely played 18 - par 3 over water haunts me!!:banghead:

I know I will be in the minority, but even the midlands area can be looking at at least 2.5 - 3 hours drive for me so a lot will depend on the timings which is a bit of a shame as I would love to be able to get to at least one event per year. Depending on where the Scotland event would be, that might be a possibility if it isn't too far north of the border (Roxburghe was quite a nice course when I played it and is only 2 hours from my door or a place called Cally Palace was a regular haunt and we usually got a good weekend deal there for DB&B)

Would it be worthwhile trying to get a list of UK people and the area they live in so that we can propose some locations?

I can vouch for the Roxburghe - nice course and nice hotel and when we went there was a borders pass that meant you could play 4 or 5 courses for something like £99?

Yep that's it - definitely played 18 - par 3 over water haunts me!!:banghead:

I didn't think there was a par 3 over the water? Unless you mean the 10th which is a short par 4 but you have to decide whether to try and carry the 2 ponds?

I can vouch for the Roxburghe - nice course and nice hotel and when we went there was a borders pass that meant you could play 4 or 5 courses for something like £99?

We didn't get that offer as we were only there for the day, but there were some nice holes on the course. The only downside was the walks between green and next tee for some of the holes

What's up Doc?:act-up:

From the chat, I don't think that anyone has fixed ideas on venues. Some will find the travel no problem and some will maybe struggle on the longer ones. God forbid, sometimes some will have to go to work....apologies for the four letter word. Some will go for cheap and cheerful, some will be happy to pay a bit more for posher venues. I'll be honest, this one was a three hour drive, 0430 start for me. I'd do it again tomorrow.:alien:

Perhaps the greatest benefit of THP is that we can be really flexible, throw up a thread and people will choose to get involved or not depending on logistics and interest. If we did 'up North', I would probably try to find a way to get up there and Edinburgh is an 8 hour drive....I might look to combine it with something else to get value...maybe go and take on Crag Rat on his home turf afterwards for example!

we'll get you out buddy, don't you worry!

Back