FL Suggestions (Clermont to Ocala)?

livegolf

Reaction score
Handicap
5ish
World Woods and The Dunes come to mind in the general area as I have played those, but I'd like to try somewhere else. El Diablo any good? What else? Thanks

You have much of Orlando in that area and there are TONS of great golf options there.

You have much of Orlando in that area and there are TONS of great golf options there.

Yea, I was looking for a couple "diamond in the rough" suggestions since there are a bunch of good places in Orlando

Mission Inn - El Campeon Course - Howey in the Hills, FL

There is a good review of it in one of the threads below.

Mission Inn - El Campeon Course - Howey in the Hills, FL

There is a good review of it in one of the threads below.

This x10, recently played it and it is a must play in the area. Bella Collina is also worth a visit, and OCN isn't far away. If you are in Clermont you can shoot down 27 to Highland Reserve and Southern Dunes.

With your list of courses, it might be worth heading south and checking out streamsong.

El Diablo was in horrible condition last time I played there. Southern Hills or El Campeon are both good choices. Brooksville Country Club is a cheap option that is usually fun.

My in-laws live in Clermont and I have played Legends which wasn't too bad and it was fairly cheap and it had a lot of elevation changes which is rare in Florida. The only other course I have played is Shingle Creek and if you can find a deal there it is definitely worth going.

May be a stretch, but Juliette Falls west of Ocala is pretty nice.

Stone Creek and Candler Hills are great options in Ocala and always have good deals on Golf Now.

Thanks all. Too bad about El Diablo's condition, but I didn't even realize how close Mission Inn is, that seems like one that will fit the bill.

Make sure if you head to Mission Inn, you play El Campeon. The other is rather mundane.

Have been hearing great things abount Streamsong. Pricey though.

Just west of Ocala is Black Diamond in Lecanto...Real nice track and the quarry holes are scenic....

Circling back to this...I ended up playing Mission Inn El Campeon so I won't bore with the details since Wake put up a good review this year. I enjoyed the course and would recommend it. A couple I played with said they played Bella Collina the day before and really liked that one.

Streamsong will be for a summer trip when the rates are lower :)

Circling back to this...I ended up playing Mission Inn El Campeon so I won't bore with the details since Wake put up a good review this year. I enjoyed the course and would recommend it. A couple I played with said they played Bella Collina the day before and really liked that one.

Streamsong will be for a summer trip when the rates are lower :)

Good call, I really enjoyed Bella Collina as well, right up there among my favorites, I would say it is quite a bit more challenging than El Campeon, but I haven't played it in a while.

Good call, I really enjoyed Bella Collina as well, right up there among my favorites, I would say it is quite a bit more challenging than El Campeon, but I haven't played it in a while.

The closing holes at El Campeon were great. I bounced it off the back of the green into the marsh on #15 and somehow made par. The 16th was a scary wedge and I had to hit a low cutting 7 iron from 125 yards under the tree on #17. The 18th required a perfect line with the perfect distance off the tee to find the fairway

The closing holes at El Campeon were great. I bounced it off the back of the green into the marsh on #15 and somehow made par. The 16th was a scary wedge and I had to hit a low cutting 7 iron from 125 yards under the tree on #17. The 18th required a perfect line with the perfect distance off the tee to find the fairway

That was quite a cool closing stretch. Just a great course overall. Was 15 the par 3?

Back