How important is the look of your golf swing to you?

I've got a naturally pretty swing, but I am man enough to admit that I obsessively care and stress about making it "look" good way too much.

I dont really care and I do occasionally video my swing so i can see what I am doing right and wrong and this has helped me tremendously. I dont think i have an ugly swing but it ain't pretty either.

The only thing I care about being pretty is the results.

I'm just most concerned I hit the ball OK. I *hope* it looks pretty, but really if I'm getting the ball near where I want, I'm happy even if it's ugly.

I care greatly. I work hard to have a swing that is effective and aesthetically pleasing.

I am not one of the practical types who doesn't care so long as it is consistent. The same way I would never game a club that feels bad or looks bad but works well.

For me form and function are equally important.

It's important to me, yet I've not once looked. I've never video'd my own swing yet. It feels Louis Oosnoozin esque, but I don't have the heart to be let down. Maybe someone can tell me lol

If it would get me lower scores, I could swing with my feet while doing a handstand and finish with a cartwheel.

Dan

While wearing a Viking helmet and swim fins.

sam sneads key to golf. that is what a swing should look like. heck, they even modeled a trophy out of it.

After I saw myself on video analysis I realized my swing wasn't as pretty as it felt! But I guess I just don't really care. If I can put the ball where I want it (or somewhat close) I am more than happy.

sam sneads key to golf. that is what a swing should look like. heck, they even modeled a trophy out of it.

Yep, was my swing model for the majority of my golfing life. Still the most beautiful swing I have ever seen.

As long as my swing was fairly good looking, then I would be happy. When I first started playing I looked like a weirdo. But I put forth the effort and hard work and now it looks very well. I prefer to just be able to have excellent ball striking and consistency.

As a man with an ugly swing, I've adopted the viewpoint of Arnold Palmer in that awesome Dick's Sporting Goods commercial...... "Swing your Swing"
I've stopped worrying about how my swing looks. I just want it to be repeatable and effective.

Still really important.

As long as my swing makes the ball go towards the hole I am hppy lol.

As long as my swing works, I like it, but I don't want it to look like Charles Barkley...

My driver swing looks absolutely awful and I thought I didnt care because it works, but it stings when someone comments on it.

I've been told I have a pretty swing a lot of times, but that is the last thing I'm worried about. I really only care how pretty my shot looks when the ball comes to rest. It is nice to be complimented though.

Back