i just started taking lessons and the pro that im working with offers sessions with the KVest... However it comes at a premium. as a high capper i dont think im to the point where it would be worth my time...looks very technical

Ok, I was really, really wrong on my above post.

My lessons do include the K-Vest usage and yesterday I got strapped up and man was my mind blown. The sheer amount of info at the instructors fingertips was staggering. It breaks down your swing from address to finish and you can pinpoint exact areas(we are talking every part of your swing by degrees) to work on. I cant explain just how much info is available breaking down every motion from and how your torso, pelvis, and club interact together and how easy it is to isolate your trouble areas and instantly have the instructor move to a specific drill to correct it. While you are addressing the issue you get instant feed back based on angles of everything you are doing through the software. Just impressive how fast you can focus on specific swing flaws. Also, there are tons of comparative graphs breaking down 6-8 main parts of your swing...comparative numbers to PGA tour averages...and its not worthless(for a hack like me) speed numbers its comparing, its all based on swing and body postioning vs pros. So you're comparing, for example, where your torso, pelvis and club are at say impact position vs tour player averages at the same spot of their swing. So even if you aren't rocking an xx stiff shaft its still worthwhile to compare motion vs motion. Just awesome stuff. While it was a bit overwhelming(the amount of info) my instructor did a great job explaining and was very adept with the software. Unfortunately, I had scheduled my lesson over my lunch hour so i was pressed for time...if you are going to go through this I could easily see spending a couple hours with it in one shot. I got a hour in with it and left wanting more.

Next lesson ill try to grab some photos/videos of the interface with some of the feedback and info/numbers type stuff if any one is interested. I certainly would recommend checking this out if you have it available near you, regardless of your skill level.

BTW if you're in/near/travel for business in Rochester, MN and you're interested in checking it out, drop me a line and I'll happily pass along the instructors contact info...he was telling me there are only a handful of K-Vest certified instructors in Minnesota. I have certainly been impressed so far with both his knowledge and teaching techniques.

Thanks for the info, thebread! I'll have to give this a run eventually since it's available. I didn't realized you were in Rochester. I'm up there a few times a year.

I've used something very similar at Golftec. Tells your rotation and body position throughout your swing. It's a pretty mechanical tool if this is the sort of teaching you're into. Also, would be helpful if used on a regular basis. I have an indoor pass to Golftec and they said I can use the vest thing they have whenever I want on my own. I just have no idea what I'd be doing.

There's a couple of TPI instructors here in Indy that use KVest in conjunction with TPI fitness programs to tailor their fitness programs to what fits your swing best.

I used one last year for a lesson with a guy in Houston...it's pretty sweet.

I only hit with it inside in a hitting bay though.

GolfTEC uses sensors on the mid back and waist...they just don't have the one on the wrist

Back