New Jersey - 2013 THP Invitational Series Sponsored By TaylorMade Golf

Plus just LOOK at those photos! They're gorgeous!

I really don't think $70 is bad for a round at a links style course. If people are traveling for this why play a crappy course? Just my $0.02

Some people just can't afford it with the Invitational fee, lodging, travel expenses etc... The main thing for most of us is the Saturday round. Anything else we do is just a bonus, so it's the company that counts for me, not the golf. I'd go to a putt putt course on friday if it meant getting to know a lot of people from here. Saturday will be a lot more relaxed for me if I've already spent some time getting to know some people.

Some people just can't afford it with the Invitational fee, lodging, travel expenses etc... The main thing for most of us is the Saturday round. Anything else we do is just a bonus, so it's the company that counts for me, not the golf. I'd go to a putt putt course on friday if it meant getting to know a lot of people from here. Saturday will be a lot more relaxed for me if I've already spent some time getting to know some people.
I'm probably biased on it too because I'm driving 7 hours to play. I can see your point.

I'm probably biased on it too because I'm driving 7 hours to play. I can see your point.

It's about an 8 hour drive for me, more with traffic. I'll be leaving around 2am just to try and be there for a friday round.

There's nothing wrong with having two groups for friday. The main thing is that everybody has a great time that weekend.

Yeah I agree with Kobey could be tough for some people but is all about getting together and good times.

I am only about 4 hours from DC so that's not too bad. For me I could go either cheap or nice, if the course seems worth it I may go for the nice course for the experience.

I'll play wherever everyone wants to play. I'm not really picky about it, I just want to include as many people as possible.

i think the $70 +/- range is reasonable considering we are looking at playing the prime time (friday afternoon or sunday morning) in May which is also prime season. I just thought the price for AC Country club was a bit too much for my retired blood

i think the $70 +/- range is reasonable considering we are looking at playing the prime time (friday afternoon or sunday morning) in May which is also prime season. I just thought the price for AC Country club was a bit too much for my retired blood

So that $70 or so at Twisted Dunes is good?

i'd be ok with that

We'll get a group decision on it and I could pop off an email and see what I can get in terms of group rates.

Around $70 is fine with me.

I'm good for Twisted even if we don't get a group rate.

Is Twisted being considered for Sunday or Friday?

With a 235 par 3 I don't think I'll be playing from the tips at Twisted.

Darn. Not sure if I'll be able to make the Friday round. I might be getting in too late. I've heard great things about Twisted, though. I'll have to wait until a little closer to know for sure.

I assume the Sunday round will be determined once the Friday round is.

TD-Scorecard-1.jpg

6.jpg

Yeah, I'm in for sure on Friday

I assume the Sunday round will be determined once the Friday round is.

We can start looking at that as well. I think we're just throwing ideas around right now for both days. If somebody that lives close wants to take the job of planning for either day I'm sure we would all appreciate it. I'll admit I have no idea how to do it. If I get put in charge we might end up playing in a WalMart parking lot.

Love the dune!

I'm in Friday as long as I can tee off late morning. What time were we thinking?

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Love the dune!

I'm in Friday as long as I can tee off late morning. What time were we thinking?

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

We could probably do like 10:30 or 11?

You can still play bets in a Walmart parking lot. Who can hit the telephone pole first, etc.

What are everyone's thoughts for the Sunday round? I'd like to go somewhere decent and looks like we can for a reasonable green fee.

If I can get the okay from the wife, I may be in for Friday.
Tell her I said you have to attend! That should get you about 1/4 of a brownie point.

Back