Any BBQ smokers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a3a9amy7.jpg
Just put these two fatties in the smoker. One pizza, one BBQ Cheeseburger. Tailgating at home for rivalry Saturday. Should be ready in about 2.5 hours.

Just put a brisket on the Traeger. Its only a 6.5 pounder so it should be done in 6-7 hours. My buddy is bringing salmon chowder made on the Traeger too and we are going to watch football.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

I have a large Green Egg with a stoker. I love this thing but I kind of wished I went with an XL. It can get pretty crowded.
Here are a few butts from last week.

Pork.jpg

I'm a pretty hard core, traditional BBQ guy. I BBQ (not grill, BBQ) all the time. Actually do it commercially as well. I do a lot of catering in the warmer months. Specialties, I would say, are pulled pork, Tri-tip, brisket, ribs, turkey, chicken, Mac 'n Cheese, beans and cole slaw. All of my stuff, from my rubs to my sides, are my own recipes and totally unique to Smoke Bomb BBQ. Here are a few pics.

pulled pork sandwich
porksando-messy.jpg

brisket
brisket-done.jpg

Ribs and mac
Mac-Ribs.jpg

chicken breasts
chicken-breasts.jpg

Currently I'm using 22" Weber Smokey Mountains, running a mixture of hardwood lump and oak or apple wood. I'm in the process of shopping for a trailer/stick burner, though, as I'm starting to get asked to do events that are bigger than the WSMs can realistically handle. I've done food for up to 85 people, but have a wedding booked for 250 this summer. Need some more cooking space!

I'm a pretty hard core, traditional BBQ guy. I BBQ (not grill, BBQ) all the time. Actually do it commercially as well. I do a lot of catering in the warmer months. Specialties, I would say, are pulled pork, Tri-tip, brisket, ribs, turkey, chicken, Mac 'n Cheese, beans and cole slaw. All of my stuff, from my rubs to my sides, are my own recipes and totally unique to Smoke Bomb BBQ. Here are a few pics.

pulled pork sandwich
porksando-messy.jpg

brisket
brisket-done.jpg

Ribs and mac
Mac-Ribs.jpg

chicken breasts
chicken-breasts.jpg

Currently I'm using 22" Weber Smokey Mountains, running a mixture of hardwood lump and oak or apple wood. I'm in the process of shopping for a trailer/stick burner, though, as I'm starting to get asked to do events that are bigger than the WSMs can realistically handle. I've done food for up to 85 people, but have a wedding booked for 250 this summer. Need some more cooking space!

Oh my god. Can you cater my saturday afternoons? haha. All that looks amazing

Eddie do yoiu use your own rubs, or do you go with prepackaged? I usually just use one that I have found locally that has done well at the Royal in KC. Tha Mac'n Cheese looks awesome you wouldn't mind sharing that recipie would you? I'm in Missouri so you don't have to worry about me stealing your stuff either :).

It's not always the best option to have tapatalk when your at work so hungry and you see this thread pop up! Darn haha
But yesterday I had bar b q chicken and tri tip:]]]

I can't wait for this snow to go away and I can start smoking meat again!!!

I can't wait for this snow to go away and I can start smoking meat again!!!

Why wait I smoked a pork butt for my mother in laws b-day in February which I thought was just okay, but she thought was the best I have ever done. I'm definitly fine tuning this spring and summer.

We got a komado recently (big green egg type deal) and I've smoked a chicken and a rack of ribs so far. I use lump charcoal which is supposedly better than regular charcoal.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/ is a pretty busy forum with a lot of info

Can't wait to smoke a butt mmmmmmmm pulled pork sammichesssss.

I'll second the brethren site. Best BBQ site on the net. I have a UDS. Built it myself last spring. Smoking is like golf. It gets addicting and you don't have to be good to enjoy it. I just have to figure out how to smoke ribs while I'm at the golf course.

Why wait I smoked a pork butt for my mother in laws b-day in February which I thought was just okay, but she thought was the best I have ever done. I'm definitly fine tuning this spring and summer.
The waiting is I don't want to brave the elements to be by the smoker!!! But the payoff is certainly worth it in the end, that's for sure!

I'm a big griller and smoker

Grilled buffalo wings
nytu9e7a.jpg

Smoked brisket
zy4yzyre.jpg

y5a8e5ap.jpg

madama6e.jpg

Grilled steaks
zeba7u5y.jpg

Smoked chicken
gegyby2y.jpg

Smoked ribs
yryzada6.jpg

e6eneraq.jpg

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Eddie do yoiu use your own rubs, or do you go with prepackaged? I usually just use one that I have found locally that has done well at the Royal in KC. Tha Mac'n Cheese looks awesome you wouldn't mind sharing that recipie would you? I'm in Missouri so you don't have to worry about me stealing your stuff either :).

Rubs are all my own, as are injections. PM me for mac info. I've got a recipe sort of written down :)

I'll second the brethren site. Best BBQ site on the net. I have a UDS. Built it myself last spring. Smoking is like golf. It gets addicting and you don't have to be good to enjoy it. I just have to figure out how to smoke ribs while I'm at the golf course.

Without a doubt, BBQ-Brethren is where it's at!

I'm a big griller and smoker

Grilled buffalo wings
nytu9e7a.jpg

Smoked brisket
zy4yzyre.jpg

y5a8e5ap.jpg

madama6e.jpg

Grilled steaks
zeba7u5y.jpg

Smoked chicken
gegyby2y.jpg

Smoked ribs
yryzada6.jpg

e6eneraq.jpg

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

You made me hungry. Haha that looks great

Oh man I totally forgot about this thread! Now that the weather is warming up quite a bit I am going to have to give this another try some weekend. I still need to perfect my method, I have only smoked about 2 different things and I am pretty sure that I didn't do it correctly.

it's not as complicated as it seems when you start out. If you can get a good temp set and maintain it, that's most of the battle.

it's not as complicated as it seems when you start out. If you can get a good temp set and maintain it, that's most of the battle.

Yeah I think that was my issue, I need to do some more research. I tried using the wood chunks that are quite a bit larger than the chips and they just burned so fast. Before I got my gas grill I bought a little charcoal/smoker and that's what I tried to use but it didn't go so well.

My new smoker is being built as week speak! Should be ready the first part of May. The HighSchool Ag dept is building it so that's why it will take a little time to be completed.

Absolutely, I've been a member there for several years. Who else is a member?

I'm a member there as well. Lot's of pron posted over there.....

I'm a member there as well. Lot's of pron posted over there.....

No doubt, surfing the brethren indirectly causes me to gain weight every time. Always makes me want to cook. Haven't been on in a while. I'll have to cruise back through and see if there's anything new and exciting.

Got a couple of pork butts and a whole turkey breast going right now. Smells great and it's making me hungry!!!!

Got a couple of pork butts and a whole turkey breast going right now. Smells great and it's making me hungry!!!!
I'm super jealous, bring on the pictures!!!

I'm super jealous, bring on the pictures!!!

No pron today, unfortunately. It was a hectic cook. I was working, Q-ing, went for an hour bike ride, and had to get it all ready for a bible study at 6:00. Got it done, but it's almost 9:00 now and I still smell like a campfire. Everything came out great, though. It's fun to be a decent BBQ cook in California, because there are so few people who know what real BBQ is. It never gets old having them freak out when they finally eat real BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back