PING G25 Irons - THP Preview

Dude. I hit some great shots with these today! After my last two practice sessions I was honestly a bit nervous. Made some mistakes on club choice and my line that cost me a few more greens, but that happens. Only really had two misses that I'd call just plain bad. One being a mildly thick (lol) 5 iron with the ball above my feet and one being a big hook 9 iron. The rest ranged from playable to very good.

Two shots really stood out for me. One being a 5 iron that I stuck into the wind and another being a 9 iron that I stuck with the wind helping. The 5 iron wasn't super close or anything, but I was dancing with a 5 iron, which is a big win for me. The 9 iron was pretty close from 155 that the wind just carried and carried.

The have what I'd almost call a soft crack to them at impact. Far softer sounding than both the 588 CB and Bladez, but not mushy. Very nice sound to them.

Sounds awesome. I think the last set of irons that I was super confident with the 5I was my G15's. Ping has something special going with the CTP and the way it changes the feel of their irons. They really do feel soft to me. Man now I'm pondering...

The only two things that I was left a bit iffy on were related to distance and off-center performance. There were a couple misses that ended up short by a bigger margin than I'd expect from the Bladez. Whether that was wind related or what, I'm not sure. Still, happy with what I saw for a first true outing.

I find it very interesting that you are seeing more forgiveness in terms of distance loss with the RBladez. Very surprised.

Also last post by me, I also meant to add the stabilizer bars with relation to feel. Don't know why it makes such a difference but it truly does for me. I remember hitting the S56's and just being blown away. That was the first I had really heard of the stabilizer bars.

I find it very interesting that you are seeing more forgiveness in terms of distance loss with the RBladez. Very surprised.

Also last post by me, I also meant to add the stabilizer bars with relation to feel. Don't know why it makes such a difference but it truly does for me. I remember hitting the S56's and just being blown away. That was the first I had really heard of the stabilizer bars.

I've done a little reading on the tech and it sounds like the CTP was redesigned completely for these irons due to the changes in size/shape they went with. Seems like it worked. I don't remember any stabilizer bar talk in what I've read about these so far though. Their website leaves a bit to be desired.

I'm not surprised on the forgiveness end of it. Mainly because that's exactly what I've seen on the Vector. It's not a huge difference, but it's there for me. One thing that I'm a little bit interested to figure out is why I hit these on the toe more often though. I'm not sure if it's a swing thing or if I'd benefit from another 1/2 inch or so in length. I'd go to my fitter with them, but these are outing clubs.

New to the forum. Bought a set of the G25's with CFS stiff shafts. I owned a set of Ping I20's before these. I like the looks of these irons and the trajectory. The distance to me is about the same. Ping hit a home run with these irons!

Welcome aboard . Yeah buying these irons was one of the best decisions I made this year. I could agree with you more.

Ditto!

TapAhoy!

Well I am on my way to sunny Orlando to play golf for the next seven days with my G25's in tow. Hopefully my groin injury will stay away and not bother me. I will not be taking the i20's so it will all be up to the new kids in the bag. I really have not hit them too much since I just got them back from Ping the other day with a little lie adjustment change. This will be a good test to see how they stack up against my trusty i20's. When I get back SeeMoreGuy and myself are going to get together and compare his graphite shafts to my CFS steel shafts. Looking forward to that. It's always a great time when we are able to get together and play!

Enjoy the the trip buddy! Hope you get a chance to play Bella Colina. Looking forward to when we can tee it up again. Safe travels.

TapAhoy!

I hit another bucket of balls yesterday in the cold. Hit the G25 to the JPX 825 Pro. I believe I have fallen in love with these G25's. They are just amazing high trajectory with a very soft face for a cast iron club. With my next paycheck its time to get serious and lets hope spring starts soon in the North. Any other irons out there that you guys think I should try that come close to these? The look feel and ball flight are really catching my eye especially compared to my R7's.

Just finished a round with the G25s. Thus is my 4th round and I am beginning to get into a groove and slowly controlling my swing and tempo. Days round had more really good shots when I slowed a bit. I was accelerating through much better today. I haven't been to range with these at all so all testing has been pretty much live rounds or simulators.

Still a great decision to go with these. High flight and soft landing. Confidence is growing with every round and really looking forward to warmer weather. The forgiveness on the irons is the advantage IMO.

Just finished a round with the G25s. Thus is my 4th round and I am beginning to get into a groove and slowly controlling my swing and tempo. Days round had more really good shots when I slowed a bit. I was accelerating through much better today. I haven't been to range with these at all so all testing has been pretty much live rounds or simulators.

Still a great decision to go with these. High flight and soft landing. Confidence is growing with every round and really looking forward to warmer weather. The forgiveness on the irons is the advantage IMO.

Gosh dang it Keith, you are killing me! Hmmm. Mizuno MP-H4's & i20's for a set of these with some Recoils? A few more Guinness's will enable this

Hawk, How do these irons compare to the callaway x hot irons?
The only two things that I was left a bit iffy on were related to distance and off-center performance. There were a couple misses that ended up short by a bigger margin than I'd expect from the Bladez. Whether that was wind related or what, I'm not sure. Still, happy with what I saw for a first true outing.

Haven't hit them yet unfortunately.

Ken I am really wanting the H4s but the 25s with recoil would probably be just plain sick. I am even thinking about ordering a 7 iron iron with recoil shaft just see if want to make the switch.

TapAhoy!

Ken I am really wanting the H4s but the 25s with recoil would probably be just plain sick. I am even thinking about ordering a 7 iron iron with recoil shaft just see if want to make the switch.

TapAhoy!

I think it would be an incredible combo man. Incredible.

Played another round today, my putting got me in trouble but everytime the g25's came out they were money. Great clubs!! shot an 84 but i know i could have done better.

84 is solid judge. Nice work!

I hit another bucket of balls yesterday in the cold. Hit the G25 to the JPX 825 Pro. I believe I have fallen in love with these G25's. They are just amazing high trajectory with a very soft face for a cast iron club. With my next paycheck its time to get serious and lets hope spring starts soon in the North. Any other irons out there that you guys think I should try that come close to these? The look feel and ball flight are really catching my eye especially compared to my R7's.

Bust,
You could try the x-hots, cobras amp cells, and the new vr_s coverts just to see what else is out there. I hit them all and just stuck to ping since thats what i like at address and felt good to me. I think thats the big thing, what ever your comfortable with. Confidence lowers scores and keeps you coming back IMO.

Thanks Hawk

It was funny i was playing with a guy that had the new RBZ's and he was getting mad that i was getting it closer every time and out driving him by 35+yards. I finally broke it to him on the last hole that i normally play from the champion tee boxes and we were playing the regulars today. Man you should have seen the look he gave me.... could have killed a small animal with it. LOL , I moved up b/c my son was with me and he wanted to hit from the youth tees and the regular tees every now and then. So we were walking off the 18th tee after he calmed down and was like i think i gonna go and swing some of those pings around at edwin watts this week..... i couldnt do anything but laugh...what a day

I have 4 rounds with these at my home course and must say they have impressed me. I still need to work on my alignment at address but thats not a club issue. I feel I can hit these just abot where I want. I used the PW for long chips and it perfomed quite admirably leaving me with several par putts. Can ask for much more than that. The redesigned CTP works just as advertised and does help aid in a softer feel and helps get the ball up in the air. I have zero complaints about these new sticks.

As many know it has been difficult for me to commit to one set of irons for any definitive period but the G25s may just be the ones that do the trick. I plan on playing these all year but may opt for some recoil shafts after a bit of research. Right now I have put them in my Sun Mountain C 130 Gunmetal bag which happens to be the same color scheme as the irons and it looks pretty cool. I keep looking at these irons because the more I play them the better they look.

Good stuff JS! My buddy doesnt like PINGs but he also didnt like buying me the Gatorade for the G25 beatdown he recieved today. Ahhh! is all I could say after a cold swig of Gatorade. Hey, I just realized these clubs are making me money.

Hahaha thats awesome

SMG,
I was really tempted to put the KBS tour black nickel shafts in them to see what they would look like. Recoil .... is nasty as well

I know. The tour black would look sweet. Going to call and see what the upcharge is for recoils. Anyone already know the upcharge? My guess is its in the 50.00 - 75.00 range per club.

Back