Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Nice I will as well. Going to probably use my upgrade but will be well worth it. I usually have phones for 6 months and want a new device not sure this is gonna happen with the S4

I'm a 6 monther. Had the S3,then got the Note 2 upon release. I'm back on the s3 now though. Such a great device.

I'm a 6 monther. Had the S3,then got the Note 2 upon release. I'm back on the s3 now though. Such a great device.

Lol this is me. I have a hard time keeping a device for a full year. I just get bored. I got the bionic way back when it first came out and it turned out to be a crap heap. Have the 4s going on 10 months and I can't wait to switch back to android. Damn apple won't let me do anything. I've been following the galaxy s4 progress for months and after today I seriously can't wait to get one.

Electronics Pondering

Bluetooth speakers or a good docking station/radio for my office.

I'm the Geneva rep for NYC so call me biased, but from the Model XS all the way up to the slick Model XXL, we lead the "all-in-one" category.

www.genevalab.com

I am huge electronics fan and I have been getting email from this site and I thought I would share.

It is called Yugster. They have a bunch of deals and different items that you can get for cheap, I have bought a few things.

http://www.yugster.com/

I am huge electronics fan and I have been getting email from this site and I thought I would share.

It is called Yugster. They have a bunch of deals and different items that you can get for cheap, I have bought a few things.

http://www.yugster.com/

Will check out out, thanks dude!

I wish they woulda changed up the S4 shape and stuff. If I were to get a smart phone now I wouldn't pay the extra for the S4. Brillant, but no knock out factor that would justify the extra cash.

I wish they woulda changed up the S4 shape and stuff. If I were to get a smart phone now I wouldn't pay the extra for the S4. Brillant, but no knock out factor that would justify the extra cash.

I know what you mean but as far as the design goes it is pretty similar to the other devices they have out now, which probably means they can make them quicker and in turn sell more.

I think for me when I see what the screen looks like and how it feels in my hand I will be making a decision right then and there. They have sold me on the software and the extras that Samsung has thrown into the mix. That is just icing on the cake for me. My current device is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on VZW which is a great device and gives just a glimpse into what Samsung could do with a device. The S4 is a game changer IMO.

Maybe someone can help me out. I broke my cell phone the other day, its shot and retail is my only option through ATT. Obviously I can get phones used, refurbed or whatever through other sites. I guess I should have just found this out before but its more me being paranoid because I believe the answer is yes. I got a good deal on a Lumia 900 windows phone, both the windows and galaxy s3 use Micro sim, so I should be able to just pop my sim in provided it is unlocked or attached to ATT correct? I obviously already have an LTE data plan but I just want to make sure. I might have to pop into the store but I should be able to use the phone one way or another, correct? I hope lol.

Maybe someone can help me out. I broke my cell phone the other day, its shot and retail is my only option through ATT. Obviously I can get phones used, refurbed or whatever through other sites. I guess I should have just found this out before but its more me being paranoid because I believe the answer is yes. I got a good deal on a Lumia 900 windows phone, both the windows and galaxy s3 use Micro sim, so I should be able to just pop my sim in provided it is unlocked or attached to ATT correct? I obviously already have an LTE data plan but I just want to make sure. I might have to pop into the store but I should be able to use the phone one way or another, correct? I hope lol.

If they take the same sim and are both CDMA/GSM (whichever) it shouldn't be a problem.

chromebooks available in Canada?!

welcome to the future northern neighbors!

So are ya all telling me I should get the S4 or Note2 ?
Edit to add..on Verizon
Sent from my DROID X2

yeah but they're not really selling hardware or physical shape to joe and mary phone buyer.
they're selling software.
really...phones could be shaped like genital areas, but if they allow you to swipe the screen without touching it...that's what people want and more or less couldn't care about the shape.

yeah but they're not really selling hardware or physical shape to joe and mary phone buyer.
they're selling software.
really...phones could be shaped like genital areas, but if they allow you to swipe the screen without touching it...that's what people want and more or less couldn't care about the shape.

Leave form factor to apple. It's one of the things that nobody does better.

For those Custom rom users who are pondering the S4, just a little read you might be interested in

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/03/19/d...laxy-s4-custom-roms-means-samsung-is-winning/

I actually saw this as well. It is actually quite surprising because usually the DEVs are so pumped when new devices come out. I am sure the S4 will get some nice custom ROMs but they may take a little more time to get out to people. I think we will hear more about this one people start getting their hands on the S4.

Will there still be a way to root? Like to get rid of some of the Verizon crap & unlock stuff they take away

Sent from my DROID X2

Will there still be a way to root? Like to get rid of some of the Verizon crap & unlock stuff they take away

Sent from my DROID X2

It'll probably take a while, but there usually always ends up being something out there after a while.

VZW devices are usually tough and take a while because they lock their bootloader down like Alcatraz.

There will defiantly be something. Just wouldn't expect it as quickly as usual for new phones..

My update is in 2 weeks. S4 or Note2..thoughts??

Sent from my DROID X2

Sent from my DROID X2

I am not sure the S4 will be available in 2 weeks might have to wait a bit longer to get your hands on that bad boy but it might be worth the wait. On the other hand I don;t think you can wrong with the Note 2 great device.

I would ask yourself what you would be using it for mostly. I also like to do the "pocket test", My phone spends the majority of the day in my pocket so I will test out future devices and make sure it feels comfortable. Just my own personal preference.

Good luck with the decision and let us know what you go with.

Last edited:

Sent from my DROID X2
Having owned the Note 2, and the S3. I would say wait a week or so and get some more info on the S4.

I will be upgrading to the S4 when it hits the stores.

Hope its soon...this X2 is really starting to get finicky.

Sent from my DROID X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back