UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

Sounds good to me, probably keener that the AC one is the more expensive one if we have to choose!

If everyone is sound with £20, I can get Adidas shirts at good price so will be happy to sort them out. As per all the above, sizes ASAP and PM me if/when you want to make payment.

Very very happy with Adidas, probably favourite brand so yes please! Medium in almost all Adidas so let's go with that unless you decide you need large in which case I certainly will!!

Will send PM

People happy with £20 then? Should be able to get a decent brand shirt and printing done for that?

Yeah I can live with that

Edit - didn't see later post, will double check for size and let you know as I think I have an Adidas top somewhere to get the size

Before the staff and myself continue going back and forth on our logo, it appears as though not everybody wanted to go the Albatross Club route, therefore our logo would not be needed correct?

We take our logo ownership quite seriously and were willing to give it out for a one time use for a dozen shirts because we love what is being planned over here. However in the US, all of our events are only open to the Albatross Club members, so we felt as though that was the only fair way to go about it.

We hope you enjoy the event and decide to continue to assist the growth of THP through your membership regardless of this outcome.

Hi JB, certainly hoping we can get to a point where we have at least 12 Albatross Club members, I for one would be incredibly proud to wear an official event THP shirt and continue to spread the word.

Mav, El B, Bully, Doc - perhaps we need to plan a main event, where we have a THP event with official shirts, matchplay etc? What do you think!?

I completely understand the ownership issue and regardless of the discussions I am happy to support THP and will be wearing my Albatross cap anyway :smile:

Hi JB, certainly hoping we can get to a point where we have at least 12 Albatross Club members, I for one would be incredibly proud to wear an official event THP shirt and continue to spread the word.

Mav, El B, Bully, Doc - perhaps we need to plan a main event, where we have a THP event with official shirts, matchplay etc? What do you think!?

As long as I can manage it, then I would certainly be up for something like that, so maybe we need to spread the word more about the site over here and see if we can get more support for it

Absolutely. I'd be all over that.

And thanks again to JB and the rest of the THP team for their support and great communication whilst trying to organise all this.

Maybe we will come back to you regarding the logo at another event but we will have to make sure everybody Is an Albatross Club member.

Before the staff and myself continue going back and forth on our logo, it appears as though not everybody wanted to go the Albatross Club route, therefore our logo would not be needed correct?

We take our logo ownership quite seriously and were willing to give it out for a one time use for a dozen shirts because we love what is being planned over here. However in the US, all of our events are only open to the Albatross Club members, so we felt as though that was the only fair way to go about it.

We hope you enjoy the event and decide to continue to assist the growth of THP through your membership regardless of this outcome.

JB - completely echo the boys above. Definitely understand the need to protect the logo and brand - I do too! (and its only mine through association!) I did some balls for the last that were letters only, and will do the same for this one.

Guys - in terms of an event - my thoughts were that we might look to make either the last one of this year or the first of next year a 'super event' with some seeding from the previous events, a few more quid in the prize pot - perhaps for a trophy that we could inscribe annually. This would be open only to AC members - and we could then either embed it a normal event - or if demand was sufficient then make it a stand alone. At that point - we might be able to integrate with the 'Invitational' format with JB and GGs permission, experience and help.

JB - completely echo the boys above. Definitely understand the need to protect the logo and brand - I do too! (and its only mine through association!) I did some balls for the last that were letters only, and will do the same for this one.

Guys - in terms of an event - my thoughts were that we might look to make either the last one of this year or the first of next year a 'super event' with some seeding from the previous events, a few more quid in the prize pot - perhaps for a trophy that we could inscribe annually. This would be open only to AC members - and we could then either embed it a normal event - or if demand was sufficient then make it a stand alone. At that point - we might be able to integrate with the 'Invitational' format with JB and GGs permission, experience and help.

Sounds good to me El B..............

Ane me.

Looking at the people who've replied to this thread we have a maximum of 8 AC members but that includes Castor and DJKelly.

Then we have another 8 non AC members, and from what I can work out about another 8-10 'mates'.

I think our challenge is to try and get a few more to join the AC and a few more of our mates to join THP.

However I also think it's a little chicken and egg so the prospect of an Autumn THP AC Invitational might just be the thing to push the numbers up? For those who haven't joined they'd get a hat and shirt and a superb event and for the current members we'd get the official shirt and perhaps this could be the start of us growing the UK community?

One question about the AC - is it an annual calendar membership - i.e. Jan 1st - Dec 31st or 12 months from whenever you join? I only ask because I suspect we'll be up against it to get people to join in July/August for our event if they'll only get 5 or 6 months membership.

We just have to make this work - if we really have any ambitions to get over to the states to play the US AC THPers then we have to get our side up and running!!

Ane me.

Looking at the people who've replied to this thread we have a maximum of 8 AC members but that includes Castor and DJKelly.

Then we have another 8 non AC members, and from what I can work out about another 8-10 'mates'.

I think our challenge is to try and get a few more to join the AC and a few more of our mates to join THP.

However I also think it's a little chicken and egg so the prospect of an Autumn THP AC Invitational might just be the thing to push the numbers up? For those who haven't joined they'd get a hat and shirt and a superb event and for the current members we'd get the official shirt and perhaps this could be the start of us growing the UK community?

One question about the AC - is it an annual calendar membership - i.e. Jan 1st - Dec 31st or 12 months from whenever you join? I only ask because I suspect we'll be up against it to get people to join in July/August for our event if they'll only get 5 or 6 months membership.

We just have to make this work - if we really have any ambitions to get over to the states to play the US AC THPers then we have to get our side up and running!!

Couple of things to remember. Joining the AC, gives you one of the THP AC hats as well as many other benefits such as fantasy golf and more. It does not come with a shirt, but for the price, we think people get quite a bargain especially considering what is involved in a few events.

The club membership is a calendar year, so it starts in Jan and ends in Dec, regardless of when you join.

I cant promise an official Invitational, because each one has a sponsor and GolferGal and myself are always in attendance. With that, they also have a minimum of 32 golfers at each location.

I love the growth and the idea that you guys are enjoying yourselves more than anything. Not sure you need to worry about hats and balls with THP written on them at this point, since it is not something we are hosting, but its your call and we are just glad you guys are having fun.

Thanks JB. Re the shirt comment - I was trying to say we'd get your backing to having the official logo and we'd be able to buy ourselves it - which would be awesome.

I guess the phrase the comes to mind for me is out of little acorns, mighty oaks grow. Hopefully our trip to the Belfry will be better than our brilliant Suffolk trip and we can get some real momentum behind us.

We've got a great little nucleus of UK THPers here, Mav, Bully and El B, all going that extra yard to make things better this time around. Just need to keep it going.

Crag, I am pretty much with you on all the points. On the mates, I know Tom, Carlsberg boy, has joined the forum as 'the Dane'. Dirk is 'a lurker'. I am sure that once they have attended the event, they will want to see the pictures and the banter and we can get them to make that all important first post! Momentum will surely grow!

I met up with Castor in Helsinki, and I hope to get a game with him over there once the thaw comes. He is a top man, and if we get dates in the diary, he can check out the mighty Ryanair and if the price is right, he'll come over for a game. Obviously, this might hold true with a bunch of people who might find it easier to get to the next events with more notice.

As Euros, we have a couple of guys in the Morgan Cup this year, and as I understand it, they are not the first, so I think your acorns are there! The most obvious guys to get playing are already albatross club members...but the Americans have always been a bit reluctant to come over here and get their butts kicked :stickbeat:

More seriously, I am pretty sure that loads of us want to go play Golf in the US and loads of them would like to come and play here. The trick is going to be finding a way to minimise the cost involved.

Also, it is plain to see the amount of work the JB and GG do on getting their calendar planned, so when we can muster a full event, we need to give them plenty of notice.

So our little nucleus needs to get busy...could we muster a fourball to go beat up some THP USA guys? I daresay if we were to PM some of the more active guys in the US about us coming across, we would need to play two rounds a day to beat all the takers we would get. From there, personal relationships are formed....and our acorn begins to look like a sapling!

i feel a counsel of war coming on at the Belfry...

I will nail my colours to the mast right now. I would be up for a week in the US playing some golf with some THP'rs either in one state or a couple. Proudly wearing my AC cap, Belfry shirt and hitting my UK THP balls....and beating them all very gently of course.......

October? November? Anyone else up for it?

Should have looked into the THP Bridgestone Championship in Vegas. It sold out fast, but was exactly what you are looking for.
Of course there is still 1 spot available for the Outing in May with 60 THPers in Orlando.
And of course quite a few other Invitationals.

I think traveling has its merits and I believe in time, with people coming across the pond this way, GG and I will have to reciprocate (once the group is big enough of course).

Oh wow, that's sooo tempting, the negotiations will probably cost more than the trip!

If I can wangle something it sounds superb, we went a couple of years back, 11 courses in 9 days and about 14 rounds. Grand Cypress, Orange County, Magnolia and World Woods which was sensational. We even got to watch the Superbowl.

Only downside it was the February when the only US state not to get snow was Hawaii!! Not great when you only packed shorts! Lol

Should have looked into the THP Bridgestone Championship in Vegas. It sold out fast, but was exactly what you are looking for.
Of course there is still 1 spot available for the Outing in May with 60 THPers in Orlando.
And of course quite a few other Invitationals.

I think traveling has its merits and I believe in time, with people coming across the pond this way, GG and I will have to reciprocate (once the group is big enough of course).

Thanks JB! I am sure that we will get there, I believe that there is a real learning curve to forums in the UK, and we are a little behind here...you guys have created a very special place and the Euros will get their heads around it..I am sure that we will find a way of getting you and GG here as our guests....still worried about the airfare for the van though...:thumb:

Oh wow, that's sooo tempting, the negotiations will probably cost more than the trip!

If I can wangle something it sounds superb, we went a couple of years back, 11 courses in 9 days and about 14 rounds. Grand Cypress, Orange County, Magnolia and World Woods which was sensational. We even got to watch the Superbowl.

Only downside it was the February when the only US state not to get snow was Hawaii!! Not great when you only packed shorts! Lol

On negotiations. One hundred percent agreed! But hell....she's worth it. (Might need you to quote that back to her on command!) would be happy to doge the snow though....

"the Rat and Bandit" deadly golf team or pub in Halifax? 'the Bullock Boys', the Doc and Burger....

gotta make sense!!

OK, So far, shirts orders from:

Mav - XL
El B - XXL
The Dane - XXL
The Doctor - L
Crag Rat - M
Myself - M

I have sent some of you a PM about speaking to others (David, Andy etc) and I just need to know ASAP what size would be required. We are looking at around £20 but will confirm exact price when I have complete numbers and have heard from the printers. I would like to get this done in plenty of time though so that I can get the shirts whilst they are still in stock and before cost goes up.

Great job Bully, will chase David ASAP

Mav - XL
El B - XXL
The Dane - XXL
The Doctor - L
Crag Rat - M
Myself - M

I have sent some of you a PM about speaking to others (David, Andy etc) and I just need to know ASAP what size would be required. We are looking at around £20 but will confirm exact price when I have complete numbers and have heard from the printers. I would like to get this done in plenty of time though so that I can get the shirts whilst they are still in stock and before cost goes up.

Have emailed my guys. Playing with one tomorrow and will chase up other two!

Mav - XL
El B - XXL
The Dane - XXL
The Doctor - L
Crag Rat - M
Myself - M
Dirk St Moritz -L

Added Dirk on, another large.

Back