The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest

Who said anything about just having 1?

Exactly it's like potato chips, can't just have one hahaha

Sent from my iPhone 5, using Tapatalk 2

wow I missed out on a lot being gone for 45 minutes

Very nice. What do you keep your calories around each day?

Well it varies, Ive been in a contest from Jan 1-April 1, goal is 1500 a day, Im usually around 1350. But then exercise every day so that adds another 600-1000 to consume, but I never do

I weighed in at 242.2. It's right about where I thought I was, not happy with it. When I was in my true college hockey playing shape, I was 210 and built. I'm still in decent shape, but the extra weight shows and wears on my knees. I'm getting back to playing hockey at least 4 days/week, hitting the gym on the off days, and cutting out the soda from my eating/drinking. If I do that, I should be down to weight in about 5 weeks, then it's just staying there, and slowly building upper body...My lower body is in good enough shape from years of hockey. Endurance is the main focus for me in terms of work-out goals.

Dan

Well it varies, Ive been in a contest from Jan 1-April 1, goal is 1500 a day, Im usually around 1350. But then exercise every day so that adds another 600-1000 to consume, but I never do

Ya I understand. My goal is 1580 according to MFP, but yesterday I only had 1280 and exercise allowed me another 650 that I didnt eat. I just didnt feel I needed them

Man you guys counting calories are intense. I'm just watching my portions and what I'm eating and doing more exercise. Granted, I've not watched what I ate or exercised much in years. I have though cut back a lot on drinking, and when I do, I have tried to have whiskey or rum straight. And even then, I try not to have too much. Also only drink A soda 1 day a week (which is tough since we have a soda fountain at work). I've been feeling so much better since I started this, and losing some has me more motivated to continue and kick it up a notch.

My lunch today doesn't help things though, with work having a potluck. I'm taking this as my splurge meal for the week haha.

Ya I understand. My goal is 1580 according to MFP, but yesterday I only had 1280 and exercise allowed me another 650 that I didnt eat. I just didnt feel I needed them

Thats how I handed it as well. Over time when im "done" losing weight, then I will work on maintaining it by taking in more, but not quite there yet

Im consistently around 1200-1300 calories. For a while at the end of January I was taking in too few calories and I wasnt losing any weight at all. I highly suggest on days you hit the gym, take in some extra protein or something, it will help the fat loss process along greatly.

Im consistently around 1200-1300 calories. For a while at the end of January I was taking in too few calories called a Calista Flockhart and I wasnt losing any weight at all. I highly suggest on days you hit the gym, take in some extra protein or something, it will help the fat loss process along greatly.

left out some details

Thats how I handed it as well. Over time when im "done" losing weight, then I will work on maintaining it by taking in more, but not quite there yet

Im consistently around 1200-1300 calories. For a while at the end of January I was taking in too few calories and I wasnt losing any weight at all. I highly suggest on days you hit the gym, take in some extra protein or something, it will help the fat loss process along greatly.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My goal is 40-50 minutes 5-6X a week of just pure cardio. I need to cut weight then start rebuilding the muscle. Once Ive dropped 30-40 pounds I will feel comfortable bulking back up a bit.

I weighed in at 242.2. It's right about where I thought I was, not happy with it. When I was in my true college hockey playing shape, I was 210 and built. I'm still in decent shape, but the extra weight shows and wears on my knees. I'm getting back to playing hockey at least 4 days/week, hitting the gym on the off days, and cutting out the soda from my eating/drinking. If I do that, I should be down to weight in about 5 weeks, then it's just staying there, and slowly building upper body...My lower body is in good enough shape from years of hockey. Endurance is the main focus for me in terms of work-out goals.

Dan

4 games a week?! That means you have 40 extra beers to work off :drinks:

I've tried calorie counting and food weighing in the past, and neither was something that I could really handle in the long-term. I think they encouraged me to rebel actually.

Good lord I get 2500 calories to consume, though I am 305lbs

I'm gonna add a multivitamin so I don't crave weird things.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I've tried calorie counting and food weighing in the past, and neither was something that I could really handle in the long-term. I think they encouraged me to rebel actually.

I sort of ballpark it. I dont weigh my foods, but just eyeball them. The calorie counting is more so at the end of each day I can see what I ate and if there are certain areas I am struggling in

I sort of ballpark it. I dont weigh my foods, but just eyeball them. The calorie counting is more so at the end of each day I can see what I ate and if there are certain areas I am struggling in

I went at it hardcore, scale to weigh my food and all, easing back a little bit now. Only takes a few extra seconds and lets you know where you stand. Might also have something to do with me being a numbers guy...just sayin

I went at it hardcore, scale to weigh my food and all, easing back a little bit now. Only takes a few extra seconds and lets you know where you stand. Might also have something to do with me being a numbers guy...just sayin

I would say there is probably some correlation haha

I would say there is probably some correlation haha

lol I think beags is/was the same way too, and I think between the 2 of us we are down like 94 pounds since Jan 1

lol I think beags is/was the same way too, and I think between the 2 of us we are down like 94 pounds since Jan 1

That is extremely impressive. I just hope by the end of the 90 days I am down 25 pounds or so. That is roughly 1/3 of my long term goal and a darn good start I think

That is extremely impressive. I just hope by the end of the 90 days I am down 25 pounds or so. That is roughly 1/3 of my long term goal and a darn good start I think

Yeah hang in there in the weight will be dropping off man! I cant wait to see the losses turned in after week 1, everyone burns that water weight and sheds lb's fast!

I know it's been talked about before in other threads and I apologize for the major skim:

But as you are striving for your weight loss goal has anyone found a good way to implement a fitness bracelet type device to help you achieve your loss goal?

I know it's been talked about before in other threads and I apologize for the major skim:

But as you are striving for your weight loss goal has anyone found a good way to implement a fitness bracelet type device to help you achieve your loss goal?

Nike Fuel band for me, love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back