Long and low 6iron

timbertoes

OCD Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
huh, because it was 27degrees loft.

supposed to be 30. got that fixed!

Sand Wedge was 1 degree strong at 55. not to big of a deal, but got it rebent also.

then well, you will like this...a while back I bought a 56 vokey wedge.

hmmmm. two 56 deg clubs. just a bit of bounce difference. huh, dumb.

so I got my 90days/90 percent trade-in and used that for a 54 deg cleveland CG14.

now, I have 50, 54, 56(S). kicked the 60 out of the bag though. face beat up, and got too many clubs in there anyway, lol.

That doesn't make sense. Why would you have 2 wedges only 2 degrees apart?

50,54 and 58 would make more sense to me.

That doesn't make sense. Why would you have 2 wedges only 2 degrees apart?

50,54 and 58 would make more sense to me.

I have done that quite a bit. used a 48* and a 50*. What does not make sense to you, may work for others. it is all about playing what you feel comfortable with and what fits your game the best.

I understand your theory and logic.Perfect sense.

I'm going to guess their was on a 5 yard gap between those clubs?

Actually for me, there was an 8-10 yard gap. Closer to 8.

yea, 2 degrees... hehe, but better than 2 of the same loft!!

the blade-nees of the 54 is I feel, a required learn-know-how-to-play-it thing.
While my Hogan Sand wedge at 56, is a cavity back GI.

I could take the sand wedge and get it bent more lofted. ???

otoh, I can put the 60 back in, learn it. not great with it now.
drop the 15 deg fway wood I just started using.

Just joined a Leauge, so I have to get a legal bag going, not the extra "try this, try that" bag hehe.

I must admit instead of another wedge, I was thinking of getting a 3rd putter instead, I looked at a TM Monza center shaft (I think) mallet, and a Rife Mr. Beasley Mallet. Have resisted the siren song of putters for a while!!

But hey, you are the guys who did the Wedge review...dont blame me if I bought the #1 in 2 categories !! hehe

that is awesome stuff timber.

yea, 2 degrees... hehe, but better than 2 of the same loft!!

the blade-nees of the 54 is I feel, a required learn-know-how-to-play-it thing.
While my Hogan Sand wedge at 56, is a cavity back GI.

I could take the sand wedge and get it bent more lofted. ???

otoh, I can put the 60 back in, learn it. not great with it now.
drop the 15 deg fway wood I just started using.

Just joined a Leauge, so I have to get a legal bag going, not the extra "try this, try that" bag hehe.

I must admit instead of another wedge, I was thinking of getting a 3rd putter instead, I looked at a TM Monza center shaft (I think) mallet, and a Rife Mr. Beasley Mallet. Have resisted the siren song of putters for a while!!

But hey, you are the guys who did the Wedge review...dont blame me if I bought the #1 in 2 categories !! hehe

Just noticed your Carbite putter. I had a ZH, which is the blade version of your putter. I loved that putter! I had it in the bag for 5 years, but I followed the crowd and replaced it with an Odyssey 2-ball. That was a big mistake. My Carbite was in great shape, which is a feat in itself since that head scratched easily.

Actually for me, there was an 8-10 yard gap. Closer to 8.

May I ask the playing length of those two wedges?Were they the same of the 50* was shorter by 1/4 to 1/2?

Carbites are good :) this one could balance a little better for me, just a slight bend the shaft, perhaps.
Also have a Rife Aussie, but I lean more towards both the slightly heavier weight or feel, of the Carbite and the (for me) easier aim of the mallet.

Back