Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

That sounds like a good plan. I really wish I had the 2h in the bag. Won't make that mistake this year.

A strength of my game is being able to take half and quarter swings with my wedges. I'm going to go with just 2 wedges and give myself options with the longer clubs.

A strength of my game is being able to take half and quarter swings with my wedges. I'm going to go with just 2 wedges and give myself options with the longer clubs.

I am going with a very similar approach. I want a few more options off the tee so I am adding a 2/3 hybrid and a second fairway.

I am going with a very similar approach. I want a few more options off the tee so I am adding a 2/3 hybrid and a second fairway.

We are going to wreck fools down there. Our plan is foolproof!

I am thinking the same, but will hold off on seeing what lofts our wedges are.

Chunky I love you man, but I think that's a wacky idea. First off, I don't think you're going to see that big of a gap between those hybrids to make a huge difference off the tee. Also, you're changing a part of your bag that you are really used to and proficient with.

Chunky I love you man, but I think that's a wacky idea. First off, I don't think you're going to see that big of a gap between those hybrids to make a huge difference off the tee. Also, you're changing a part of your bag that you are really used to and proficient with.

Well a large reason that I am thinking 2 wedges is due to the fact that I would have to have a wedge bent strong or weak 2* in order to get a 4* gap between wedges. It messes with bounce and I don't like that

7.5° is plenty for a 50° wedge.

I am at a loss as to which shaft I plan on using in the hybrids. My guess is that I will end up with the VTS
You all think too much.

say it ain't so

Well you give a bunch of golfers a long time to ponder.. they will do just that... ponder!

That is how I am leaning as well WR. I do want to discuss with BFit first however as I am a complete moron when it comes to hybrid shafts

The B-Fit guys have been absolutely awesome over the last few weeks talking about their clubs, shaft and bag options!!! I encourage anyone to talk with them!!!

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to sound like a tool. I just see a guy that builds his game around a wedge set up making a switch for a purpose that I don't think you're going to end up using.

7.5° is plenty for a 50° wedge.

I'm a little scared by it. I'm not sure why. OK lets say I keep my usual 3 wedges. Are you saying 2/4 hybo? Choke down a little on a 3 hybo shot? It's in the back of my mind to go that way. Heck if they offered a 50* wedge I would almost be assured of that combo

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to sound like a tool. I just see a guy that builds his game around a wedge set up making a switch for a purpose that I don't think you're going to end up using.

Hawk I love talking like this. I sometimes get laser focused on something and don't look at all sides like I should

I'm a little scared by it. I'm not sure why. OK lets say I keep my usual 3 wedges. Are you saying 2/4 hybo? Choke down a little on a 3 hybo shot? It's in the back of my mind to go that way. Heck if they offered a 50* wedge I would almost be assured of that combo

If it were me, I'd go 2/4 then 50/54/58 or something like that. How often are you going to have a perfect 3h yardage shot? Compared to the number of times you may need to hit a yardage that you're used to having in the bag with your wedge.

If it were me, I'd go 2/4 then 50/54/58 or something like that. How often are you going to have a perfect 3h yardage shot? Compared to the number of times you may need to hit a yardage that you're used to having in the bag with your wedge.

A 10:30 50* is generally 100 yards for me. That is a shot I will see a lot down there I would imagine.

A 10:30 50* is generally 100 yards for me. That is a shot I will see a lot down there I would imagine.

I don't know why, and I'm not the only one, but the J40 bent to 50 just was not great. There just seemed like there was something off by it. Was not seeing near the distance my normal 50 would go. It just became easier to take some off of a PW.

I just see you scoring a lot better with a wedge game than I do having a 215, 205, and 195 club in the bag (or whatever your hybrid distances are). How precise are you really going to need to be on the tee at those distances? But, that's just one guy's opinion :D

I don't know why, and I'm not the only one, but the J40 bent to 50 just was not great. There just seemed like there was something off by it. Was not seeing near the distance my normal 50 would go. It just became easier to take some off of a PW.

I felt the same way.

I just see you scoring a lot better with a wedge game than I do having a 215, 205, and 195 club in the bag (or whatever your hybrid distances are). How precise are you really going to need to be on the tee at those distances? But, that's just one guy's opinion :D

don't sell yourself short. You are not just an ordinary guy, you are Captain Hawk!

What's your layup yardage Chunky? I'm about the same with the 50, and I use it as a layup yardage. Well an estimate anyways. Going 2/4 on these shouldn't be an issue. Agree with Hawk, that you certainly won't see as many 3H distances as wedge distances. Love reading along as you guys ponder all of the gear for the MC.

You have a point!

99% sure that's my setup, especially if the 2h is stupid easy to hit like the 3h

Can someone bump the J40 wedge thread as I really think this is a discussion that could help some folks

You're such a tool!!! :D

I felt the same way.

I have hear the same from others and yet others were happy. What shaft did you both have in the bend 52* Was it a wedge shaft or a shaft similar to the irons? I am finding if you go with an iron shaft the distances are the same, if there was a wedge shaft, then the distances suffered.

Went out yesterday for the first time in over a month and the first time since I had the J40 4W cut down to proper length for me. WOW!! What a beast of a club . I drove the 3 par 3's ( each 205-215) and launched some nice second shots on the par 5's. I only wish my short game and putting was working so well, i would of really scored well.

Went out yesterday for the first time in over a month and the first time since I had the J40 4W cut down to proper length for me. WOW!! What a beast of a club . I drove the 3 par 3's ( each 205-215) and launched some nice second shots on the par 5's. I only wish my short game and putting was working so well, i would of really scored well.

That's great man, I can't wait to try these out more, I've hit the 3 and 4 a little and they felt solid.

Back