Sport Science: Lexi Thompson

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Pretty interesting. I am confident that my is nowhere close to that repeatable!

Impressive, since I struggle just to get a consistent shoulder turn........

That is awesome! And she shed a smile too! But repetitive movements clearly bring results. With a driver distance of 274... Equaling Luke Donald is pretty crazy too.

That's almost scary. I know the ideal is a "repeatable" swing, but to those tolerances? Repeatable to me is finding the ball consistently.

Never noticed the little jump she does with her left foot on her downswing before.

Pretty cool to see how consistent the pros are, muscle memory for sure.

Anyone else notice the spray like she brushes the driver on the ground before impact? That is crazy

Did she hit one fat?

I noticed that to but wasn't 100%

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

That was pretty awesome just how identical the overlapped swings were. I too saw the grass, though I doubt she hit the turf. Probably just 103mph club head blowing the blades over.

Thats a pretty cool video....amazing that the position at the top varies less than 1 inch!

Pretty interesting. I am confident that my is nowhere close to that repeatable!
Same here, if they put my two swings on top of each other they'd be way off!

That's insane! To be that consistent within thse tolerances is mind boggling, and to think that with that smooth efficient swing she is bombing it 274yds is just nuts!

I guess the 10,000 hour Ericsson rule applies to golf eh. The consistency at the professional level is something else.

Poor Luke Donald lol

I want a repeatable solid swing. 102 SS, 150 ball speed, 274 drive.

That is crazy good, but I think that it was to do with what type of player you are. Someone like Luke Donald probably has something similar, but Bubba Watson is probably all over the place. Luke plays on precision and Bubba plays on feel.

huh? I don't get it!

They had to throw in the quip about driver distance between Lexi and Luke . Can't feel good to be out drove by a girl

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

That is crazy good, but I think that it was to do with what type of player you are. Someone like Luke Donald probably has something similar, but Bubba Watson is probably all over the place. Luke plays on precision and Bubba plays on feel.

I was watching a break down of Bubba's swing and it's actually not as crazy as it looks if you break it down into individual pieces. I would think the difference with Bubba is that he tries to work the golf ball both ways quite often, depending on how he feels. I would bet that if you asked him to hit two identical swings, they wouldn't be far off of each other.

They had to throw in the quip about driver distance between Lexi and Luke . Can't feel good to be out drove by a girl

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

My bad. I forgot about that part.

Siri speaks for me!

Back